eek:
M6 Gran Coupe as far as I know.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 11:30   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its a frozen silver Gran Coupe. I would expect at least a magazine person to get information right.
Very true. The car has been in the city for over a week but delivered to him last week. The M6 GC has replaced his M5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
So not a M6? Or a M6 Gran Coupé?

eek:
Its a Gran Coupe.

The cars are also not gifts unlike what some people say. He has cars provided as per his contract with BMW for being the brand ambassador and against payment to him. As per his contract he can ask for a new car or model when they come out with one. So the M6 gran coupe came along and his M5 has gone.

Last edited by speedy : 12th August 2013 at 11:38.
speedy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 14:22   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The M6 GC has replaced his M5.
Isnt this the first F12 M6 in the whole country? (GC or otherwise)
Old 12th August 2013, 16:30   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Isnt this the first F12 M6 in the whole country? (GC or otherwise)
The Gran Coupe is F06, while the regular coupe is a F13.
AyAn! is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 22:29   #260
Senior - BHPian

CannonBall Club posted in Facebook this pic of Virat Kohli and his R8 V10 at BIC. Good man
Attached Thumbnails
Cricket Stars and their cars-1149484_551558948213856_170702392_o.jpg  

Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 00:28   #261
BHPian

M6 vs M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post

But apart from the two extra doors, are there no other discernible differences?
Longer by a few inches.
Heavier by a few kilos
Suppler suspension a lot more comfort oriented (not saying it ain't sporty...actually far from that, just not as much sporty as the regular coupe)
GranCoupe badging on the rear side door frame sink (in the quarter glass area - hard to notice)

Last edited by Mpower : 14th August 2013 at 06:09. Reason: adding title to post
Old 14th August 2013, 17:50   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Very true. The car has been in the city for over a week but delivered to him last week. The M6 GC has replaced his M5.

Its a Gran Coupe.

The cars are also not gifts unlike what some people say. He has cars provided as per his contract with BMW for being the brand ambassador and against payment to him. As per his contract he can ask for a new car or model when they come out with one. So the M6 gran coupe came along and his M5 has gone.
maybe not gifts - but i am sure the brand gives him the cars to use (ownership still remains with the company while the ambassador drives it)

until and unless he specifically wants to own the car - in which case the company might deduct the amount from his annual payment/endorsement

If the company is making an individual a brand ambassador - I am quiet certain that the company would want that person to be seen publicly using their brand. And if the ambassador has to pay to use the brand - why would he still be called an ambassador and not a regular user - who pays to use the product?

So I believe that the company gives the cars to him FOC for using them and ofcourse to be seen in them. If he decides that he wants to retain the car maybe after a few years of using - the company might deduct a meagre amount from the annual payment. i say meagre as 1. the company wouldn't dare sell the car at the market price to the ambassador atleast 2. if the price is not mouth watering - why would an individual of such stature want to retain a used car?
Old 16th August 2013, 11:00   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
maybe not gifts - but i am sure the brand gives him the cars to use (ownership still remains with the company while the ambassador drives it)

until and unless he specifically wants to own the car - in which case the company might deduct the amount from his annual payment/endorsement

If the company is making an individual a brand ambassador - I am quiet certain that the company would want that person to be seen publicly using their brand. And if the ambassador has to pay to use the brand - why would he still be called an ambassador and not a regular user - who pays to use the product?

So I believe that the company gives the cars to him FOC for using them and ofcourse to be seen in them. If he decides that he wants to retain the car maybe after a few years of using - the company might deduct a meagre amount from the annual payment. i say meagre as 1. the company wouldn't dare sell the car at the market price to the ambassador atleast 2. if the price is not mouth watering - why would an individual of such stature want to retain a used car?

I did mention somewhere before that in his contract 2 cars are provided for by the Manufacturer any other purchase is at the Manufacture cost and not retail cost. This automatically makes the cars cheaper as it eliminates dealer margins and other costs involved.

As far as i know the 7 series and his X5 fall under the cars provided and his 3 series was a replacement for his old one. The M5 was paid for and the manufacturers took it back and replaced it with the M6 GC. Since the M5 was at manufacturers cost the dealership still does not loose money on it when they will sell it further.

A Brand does not give everything for free to its Ambassadors, we have Brand ambassadors too. The contract states a certain somethings are free and the rest is at manufacture cost price and not retail price. Say if i am paying 40 lakhs as a customer, a brand ambassador pays 18 or 20 for the same thing (something on these lines). The free stuff will be replaced as and when a facelift or new replacement for that product hits the market.

1) i have mentioned it above.

2) It would not be considered as retain a used car, as the car was provided to him brand new and not used by the manufacturer. If one is given the car for free and when a replacement hits the market, his car is replaced too. Why would he need to purchase the old car?. His E90 3 series was replaced by the new 3 series, so why would he want to purchase his old 3?. His X5 3.0 which came in with the M5 is also going to be replaced with another X5, so why would he want to purchase the older X5?
Old 16th August 2013, 18:34   #264
BHPian

so basically he gets 2 cars every year right?

not clear about the replacements though buddy. you are saying that let's say he got the x5 and 7 this year, maybe 3 years down the line, he gets the M6 and X6M as two cars of that year AND the 7 and the X5 would be replaced FOC? or am i missing something here?

if i understand what you mean to say correctly, it means that he gets 2 NEW cars each year PLUS all the other older cars that he has got get replaced with newer generation by the company - right?

and as far as why would he want to purchase an older car - hehehe who knows emotional attachment with a car better than you my friend ?
Old 17th August 2013, 10:19   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so basically he gets 2 cars every year right?

not clear about the replacements though buddy. you are saying that let's say he got the x5 and 7 this year, maybe 3 years down the line, he gets the M6 and X6M as two cars of that year AND the 7 and the X5 would be replaced FOC? or am i missing something here?

if i understand what you mean to say correctly, it means that he gets 2 NEW cars each year PLUS all the other older cars that he has got get replaced with newer generation by the company - right?

and as far as why would he want to purchase an older car - hehehe who knows emotional attachment with a car better than you my friend ?
He does not get 2 new cars every year. He gets only 2 free cars till as long as he wants to keep them. Now He has the 7 series and the X5 under this. When a facelift or the new x5/7 comes his cars will be replaced with them for free. Then again if a newer engine varient is available and he wants it, BMW will replace the car for him.

His E 90 3 series was a fully paid for car as he was not the brand ambassador then. The M5 was paid for too but at manufacturers cost price, which was replaced with the M6 GC. So basically a buy back of the M5 by the Manufacturer.

He does not have emotional attachments with his cars, a new one comes and he will replace the old. If that was the case the Ferrari would not have been replaced by the GTR.
Old 17th August 2013, 14:25   #266
BHPian

Quote:
He does not get 2 new cars every year. He gets only 2 free cars till as long as he wants to keep them. Now He has the 7 series and the X5 under this. When a facelift or the new x5/7 comes his cars will be replaced with them for free. Then again if a newer engine varient is available and he wants it, BMW will replace the car for him.

His E 90 3 series was a fully paid for car as he was not the brand ambassador then. The M5 was paid for too but at manufacturers cost price, which was replaced with the M6 GC. So basically a buy back of the M5 by the Manufacturer.

He does not have emotional attachments with his cars, a new one comes and he will replace the old. If that was the case the Ferrari would not have been replaced by the GTR.
so the cars he buys are also replaced by the company? maybe he is asked for an additional amount each time.

and yeah - i should have known better. someone gets a car like a ferrari handed over by one of the racing legends and still that car is sold - absolutely no emotional attachment with the car.
on the flip side - the current owner has got a ferrari used by SRT which was handed over to him by Michael Schumacher!! boy this car would fetch immense amount of premium couple of decades down the line - provided it's maintained the way it deserves.
Old 17th August 2013, 15:27   #267
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
- the current owner has got a ferrari used by SRT which was handed over to him by Michael Schumacher!! boy this car would fetch immense amount of premium couple of decades down the line - provided it's maintained the way it deserves.
AFAIK the car is up for sale already and is not in a very good condition.
but that's what I heard from a friend who knows the owner, have no confirmed news as such.
Old 17th August 2013, 20:33   #268
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but that's what I heard from a friend who knows the owner, have no confirmed news as such.
All thanks to that lame movie called "Ferrari ki Sawaari"
Old 19th August 2013, 12:27   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so the cars he buys are also replaced by the company? maybe he is asked for an additional amount each time.

and yeah - i should have known better. someone gets a car like a ferrari handed over by one of the racing legends and still that car is sold - absolutely no emotional attachment with the car.
on the flip side - the current owner has got a ferrari used by SRT which was handed over to him by Michael Schumacher!! boy this car would fetch immense amount of premium couple of decades down the line - provided it's maintained the way it deserves.
I dont know the finacial details of changing paid for cars.

Let me clear the air. The Ferrari was not gifted to him by anyone, it was a paid for car and if i remember right Ferrari themselves had stated it was bought and the PR person handling M.S. mentioned he had not gifted him the car. The gift thing was mentioned to void duty on the car, but at the end a certain amount had to be paid to clear the car. The current owner anyways paid a premium for it as it was SRT's car

Quote:
I have not heard anything of the car being for sale. The car is in good condition as per what i saw it last when it came for service to Bombay. When she is in Surat she is not taken care off externally as she deserves.
Old 19th August 2013, 14:42   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The M5 was paid for too but at manufacturers cost price, which was replaced with the M6 GC. So basically a buy back of the M5 by the Manufacturer.

He let go of the M5 so soon?

+1 regarding his emotional attachments, he is a very practical person and considers them purely as Machines. :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks