Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 20:16   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cricket Stars and their cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Any word on what might replace this beast, if anything at all? Hopefully, he's allowed to replace it with something that's not a BMW.
Read in an instagram post that he bought the white 911 Turbo S which used be the Porsche dealer's demo car. Not sure though.
Old 31st May 2017, 21:42   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Not to bash him but he is caught speeding on cam in the same video that he had posted. And looks like he was not wearing a seat belt as well.
And look at the way he holds the steering wheel. One hand on top of the wheel and the other one firmly on the horn pad.
Old 31st May 2017, 22:05   #543
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Sachin Tendulkar sold his GTR Egoist more than a month back. The car belongs to a bhpian now.
Really wish the owner would post a new thread on this acquisition and his future plans on the GTR. Does the GTR replace any exotic in his current garage or adds on?

Congrats to him btw.
Old 1st June 2017, 10:00   #544
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Really wish the owner would post a new thread on this acquisition and his future plans on the GTR. Does the GTR replace any exotic in his current garage or adds on?
No idea about this but I guess the GTR is an add-on to his huge fleet of unique exotic cars, some of them are the only examples of their kind in the country.

I wish he posts an ownership review, but I really doubt it as the owner is away from social media from quite some time now.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 19:01   #545
GTO
Team-BHP Support

MASS spotting again, this time, it's M S Dhoni's FreeLander . Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan who prefers to remain anonymous for sharing!

Cricket Stars and their cars-20170601_093529.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 12th July 2017 at 10:27.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 22:51   #546
Senior - BHPian

Why are those cars being sent to MASS for servicing?

Last edited by GTO : 12th July 2017 at 10:27. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 1st June 2017, 22:55   #547
Senior - BHPian

Because they're the best in cleaning up ?
Old 1st June 2017, 23:03   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
For a couple of reasons:

1. Ranchi lacks authorized service centre of these premium brands like JLR or Hummer. Also, there isn't any good FNG or Multi Brand outlet in my city. My SA can actually diagnose and work on these high end cars, compared to other people in the city who actually surrender on listening the names of these cars. So he has Dhoni's trust.

2. Dhoni and his close friend are old customers of this MASS, and have cordial relations with the MASS owner. They know him since his childhood. Dhoni still prefers to get all his cars serviced/repaired from these guys. Despite being a Maruti Authorised service centre, the owner always welcomes him. Dhoni's close friend has a Zen and SX4 IIRC, which also comes to the same MASS.

The Scorpio was at the workshop for fixing some turbo related issue and cleaning up the car. The Free Lander is here for an accidental repair job.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 1st June 2017 at 23:08.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 09:32   #549
BHPian

A question here. Wouldn't Maruti have an objection to other manufacturers cars being serviced in their authorized service centers? They have not had so far is fine but I feel Maruti can easily stop the other make cars from being serviced in their service centers.
Old 5th June 2017, 10:47   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
A question here. Wouldn't Maruti have an objection to other manufacturers cars being serviced in their authorized service centers? They have not had so far is fine but I feel Maruti can easily stop the other make cars from being serviced in their service centers.
Theoretically, it's definitely not a right thing to do by the MASS, but its just a goodwill gesture. Its not that these cars are regularly coming to the MASS. Also, whatever repairs these cars undergo, it's always at the night. Whenever I clicked pics, it was early morning and the cars were yet to be moved outside the MASS premises.

Humanity and goodwill is something which should always be given priority over rule books. A few months back, I saw a Sikkim registered Hyundai Xcent which broke down in front of our MASS after its underbody hit a boulder. It's sump had damages, and it was partially repaired at my MASS so that it could reach the nearest Hyundai ASS which was 20kms away. Now according to the rule book, its a cardinal sin for a MASS to help a Hyundai owner. But not only did they help a tourist in distress, but the mechanic also accompanied him to the Hyundai service centre, since they were first timers in my city.

It's a similar case with Dhoni. My MASS owner knows Dhoni and his family since he was a teenager. They have very cordial relationship. So the owner repairs his cars out of mutual respect and friendship.

Even the local TSMs don't care much about these small things. After all, we are human beings with some compassion, and not just programmed robots.

Hope you understand.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th June 2017 at 10:49.
Leoshashi is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 10:58   #551
Senior - BHPian

Good points Shashi.
Somehow in all the hulla bulla about rules and regulations we do forget lending a helping hand to the person in need.
Also, I believe it's free publicity for MASS that dhoni prefers there service center for his car. Shows the faith in their service people. Maruti doesn't have anything to gain by objecting to such a trivial thing.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 11:15   #552
BHPian

Emmm........you seem to be mixing two things here as per me. One is when a person was in need/distress and needed help but the other one isn't. The xcent case is way different and ideally any garage should help out the same way that MASS did. It would be surprising if they did not. The xcent guy did not drive into the garage and get the vehicle repaired there like the scorpio and the LR

Had it been a regular FNG instead of a MASS, this question wouldn't even have come up because all vehicles are welcome in those FNGs. If any of us have a good friendship with the owner of an authorized service center, can we get out vehicle from another manufacturer serviced there? Most likely not.

I don't intent to anger any Dhoni fans out here and get into a debate on that (I myself am a huge fan of Dhoni) but just wanted to know the reasoning behind this and if I understand correctly, this is being done on a mutual basis. I am sure even if Maruti India head comes to know of this, he would actually turn it into a marketing exercise saying Dhoni also comes to MASS to get all his exotics serviced
Old 5th June 2017, 13:49   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
For a couple of reasons:

1. Ranchi lacks authorized service centre of these premium brands like JLR or Hummer. Also, there isn't any good FNG or Multi Brand outlet in my city. My SA can actually diagnose and work on these high end cars, compared to other people in the city who actually surrender on listening the names of these cars. So he has Dhoni's trust.
So where does he send his Freelander for regular service? I hope not MASS, as how would JLR accept warranty claims in case of a mechanical issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The Scorpio was at the workshop for fixing some turbo related issue and cleaning up the car. The Free Lander is here for an accidental repair job
I doubt MASS would be able to give his Freelander the same paint finish that is required.
Epic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 07:37   #554
Senior - BHPian

Last time I go in this thread. Cartoq has come up with an article regarding Dhoni's cars undergoing service at MASS. And the reason is as mentioned by Mr.Shashi earlier.

Source : Cartoq
Old 6th June 2017, 09:35   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cartoq has come up with an article regarding Dhoni's cars undergoing service at MASS. And the reason is as mentioned by Mr.Shashi earlier.
Looks like that article was "inspired" by this thread
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks