Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 13:37   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Ecks the 325i comes with a 6 speed, so the Z4 should also be a 6 speed, it shares the same engine as the 335i

It should , yes , but it may not. I say so because even the 650i is available in 6speed in the US and Europe , but in India , the 650i available from the official dealerships is available in auto only. That's why I was not sure of the 6speed option. And how does the 325i share the same engine as the 335i? The 325i is a 2.5 I6 , where as the 335 is a bigger capacity engine with TT's

Last edited by ecksreturns : 18th March 2010 at 13:41.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:44   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
Speedy, does the 325i come with the dual-clutch setup? Reason I ask is that I find the auto box in the Z4 spot-on for city driving (or even expressway if in S mode) and never end up wanting/needing to use the paddles. the only time I actually felt the need was on twisty roads when I wanted to hold gears for longer. I'm sure the torque difference would also be a reason, but still wanted to understand how much of a difference the dual-clutch makes
As far as i know the 325i does not come with the dual clutch system. Thats in the 335i and M3. I could be wrong, so please correct me.
The D mode is apt for the city and the Expressway, a little more boost and slip it into S mode. The paddles are good even in the D mode, if you like the manual feel, or if you want the little punch overtaking. The Z4 has more torque than the 325i and running the twisties in manual is far more fun. Do try the road to Amby Valley, a perfect place to test the paddles.

Quote:
I didn't understand this question.
What i believe was asked is when you are on a single road with another car heading your way, you sometimes have to get two tyres onto the dirt in order to cross over. So at that point does the Z4 hit below or any other issues. It has nothing to do with wiidth of the car as pointed out by Aman9393.

@ Ecks word were not on my side. Auto box is 6 speed and what i meant was the Z4 is the same engine as the 335i not the 325i. Sorry if i caused a confusion.

I believe the Imports like the 650, M3,M5 can be bought in Manual as well.

Last edited by speedy : 18th March 2010 at 13:50.
Old 18th March 2010, 13:47   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
It should , yes , but it may not. I say so because even the 650i is available in 6speed in the US and Europe , but in India , the 650i available from the official dealerships is available in auto only. That's why I was not sure of the 6speed option. And how does the 325i share the same engine as the 335i? The 325i is a 2.5 I6 , where as the 335 is a bigger capacity engine with TT's
Are you sure 650i is only available in AT ? The BMW driver experience held at Amby Valley few years ago featured a MT 650i coupe and SRK's 650i convertible bought from India too is a MT.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:13   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Ecks word were not on my side. Auto box is 6 speed and what i meant was the Z4 is the same engine as the 335i not the 325i. Sorry if i caused a confusion.

Aah , yes , that makes more sense now. And by 6 speed I mean a proper manual tranny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Are you sure 650i is only available in AT ? The BMW driver experience held at Amby Valley few years ago featured a MT 650i coupe and SRK's 650i convertible bought from India too is a MT.
Well that info was quoted to me by the SA here at my local dealership. As far as I know , direct imports can be configured for manual tranny's , not the ones from the dealership , but I can't be sure on the basis of just one sales guy's info
Old 18th March 2010, 14:25   #80
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Do try the road to Amby Valley, a perfect place to test the paddles.
Will definitely check out Amby one of these weekends.

Quote:
What i believe was asked is when you are on a single road with another car heading your way, you sometimes have to get two tyres onto the dirt in order to cross over. So at that point does the Z4 hit below or any other issues. It has nothing to do with wiidth of the car as pointed out by Aman9393.
If this is what he meant, I don't think I will ever come across a situation like this. Car is driven only in Bombay with occasional sprints to Pune.
Old 19th March 2010, 08:50   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Would like to correct you, SRK's 650i is AT, in fact never seen any 650 sold in India with an MT.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Would like to correct you, SRK's 650i is AT, in fact never seen any 650 sold in India with an MT.
Oops, i was confused by the older gen Gear selector, the one i drove had the new, Better looking selector. I stand Corrected. Thanks for the info bro.

But, isn't it available as an option too ?

This is the pic that left me confused -
Attached Thumbnails
2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-shahrukhkhanandwifegaurispottedinbmwcarmu16174117594a732313d08d46.87281717.jpg  

Last edited by Scorcher : 19th March 2010 at 12:27.
Old 19th March 2010, 12:40   #83
SSP
BHPian

Quote:

Was just re-reading the post. Auto box in Z4 is a 7-speed.
Old 21st March 2010, 00:59   #84
BHPian

Hey, congrats on a beautiful and powerful car SSP.
Hope you take her places and in the fashion that it deserves. Its a perfect coupe for India and I would definitely get one of these if given a chance. Drive safe. You have rightly acquired JOY.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:12   #85
BHPian

hey SSP were you around race course road around 4 today?? if so man your car looked amazing!!
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:34   #86
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
Hey, congrats on a beautiful and powerful car SSP.
Hope you take her places and in the fashion that it deserves. Its a perfect coupe for India and I would definitely get one of these if given a chance. Drive safe. You have rightly acquired JOY.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
hey SSP were you around race course road around 4 today?? if so man your car looked amazing!!
Yup. Around 5pm IIRC. Thanks.
Old 7th April 2010, 01:04   #87

Suspension

Hi Does Your Car Have Adaptive M Suspensive.
I Heard That Adaptive M Suspension Lowers The Car To 10mm And One Cannot Raise The Heights??

Please Shed Some Light On The Above.

My Z4 Is Arriving On Friday ( Black With Coral Red) :-)

Last edited by Dippy : 7th April 2010 at 16:36. Reason: Please do not post using excessive dots...like .....this...
Old 7th April 2010, 12:14   #88
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Benz View Post
Hi Ssp......... Does Your Car Have Adaptive M Suspensive.
I Heard That Adaptive M Suspension Lowers The Car To 10mm And One Cannot Raise The Heights??

Congratulations on the purchase!

No it doesnt have the adaptive suspension.

Do post pictures when you pick up your car!
Old 7th April 2010, 12:18   #89
Senior - BHPian

@Karl : Black with coral red interiors sounds yummy. Do treat us to pictures of your new girl when she arrives. Hope you wouldn't mind us ogling @ her!
Old 4th June 2010, 10:03   #90
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Benz View Post
Hi Does Your Car Have Adaptive M Suspensive.

Quote:
No it doesnt have the adaptive suspension.
I think I stand corrected. The car has suspension/steering/throttle response settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+). I wasnt sure if this is what the Adaptive-M meant, but I think I read in some brochure that it is the same.

Also, somewhere I had posted about getting a service alert at 2k miles, turned out to be the Exhaust Emissions Check warning. Must have been programed to go on after 5 months...

@Suvm, has yours chimed yet?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks