Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 08:57   #106
SSP
BHPian

Re: 2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
Probably because you didnt drive it for a while.. ur overwhelmed with it again. If you dont mind, what was BMWs explanation ?
It's possible that the pump was not performing at 100% before the error showed up. Hence the feeling that its now performing better than before.

BMW's explanation? - pumped failed.
Old 14th December 2010, 23:30   #107
BHPian

Amazing Ride SSP.. Hope she'll stop showing tantrums again!! (Touch wood)

Safe drive mate!

Last edited by aa_asif : 14th December 2010 at 23:33.
Old 15th May 2011, 01:26   #108
BHPian

@ SSP: Hey any updates on the Z4 ? Hows the Ownership experience been ?
Old 15th May 2011, 09:38   #109
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M
@ SSP: Hey any updates on the Z4 ? Hows the Ownership experience been ?
No major update. Cars been doing well. On a recent expressway ride with others, I noticed GS's Gallardo having a clear bra. Got me thinking about getting one too as I recently noticed the paint chipped on the nose of the Z4.

Does anyone know if it can be sourced locally? Option is to source it from USA but I don't have anyone coming for the next few months.
Old 15th May 2011, 14:37   #110
BHPian

GS has more of a clear film stuck onto the car. Its most probably a clear 3M film. Should be able to get it here and have it cut according to the dimensions of your car
Old 15th May 2011, 15:19   #111
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss
GS has more of a clear film stuck onto the car. Its most probably a clear 3M film. Should be able to get it here and have it cut according to the dimensions of your car
I was referring to the clear film as a clear bra. It's custom made for every car, so that it neatly fits around each body line. GS had it sourced from USA.
Old 1st April 2013, 13:38   #112
BHPian

@SSP - I have been contemplating picking up a Z4. I have been reading reports that the cabin creaks/rattles quite a lot. Have you faced any such issues yourself?
Old 1st April 2013, 14:44   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
I was referring to the clear film as a clear bra. It's custom made for every car, so that it neatly fits around each body line. GS had it sourced from USA.
SSP you got your info all wrong. GS's car, My car and a couple of friends cars have all got the clear 3M film and its done in the city itself from the Llumar guys and nothing was sourced from USA. The Film comes per sq ft and costs around Rs 575 or Rs 600 a sq ft. The film is cut according to your car dimentions or what the owner wants to have wrapped at their place if the car is sent to them or if the owners place has the mirrors required to get an even cut. I have had the bonnet, bumper corners, side mirrors and the rear wheel arch done in my car. GS and my friend have only the bonnet done, while another friend has had the entire car done.

Last edited by speedy : 1st April 2013 at 14:47.
Old 1st April 2013, 16:25   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by __c_y_p_h_e_r__ View Post
@SSP - I have been contemplating picking up a Z4. I have been reading reports that the cabin creaks/rattles quite a lot. Have you faced any such issues yourself?
@ Cypher, you can expect rattles and creaks in a Z4 especially if the road conditions are not good. Also there is no way to eliminate them completely, you try to stop one and a new one crops up. Try driving one on uneven surfaces, one that has done more than 2k kms, you will get an idea.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 23:50   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ Cypher, you can expect rattles and creaks in a Z4 especially if the road conditions are not good. Also there is no way to eliminate them completely, you try to stop one and a new one crops up. Try driving one on uneven surfaces, one that has done more than 2k kms, you will get an idea.
Thanks Maverick.

I went to Navnit Motors in Bangalore but unfortunately they do not have a Z4 TD car; not sure where I can get hold of one. Is there no way to fix the rattles?

Also, how annoying are the creaks/rattles? Bearable or will the sounds drive you up the wall? I had almost finalized on the 530d with the M Sport package when I started contemplating about getting something different - hence the dilemma.
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:14   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by __c_y_p_h_e_r__ View Post
Thanks Maverick.

I went to Navnit Motors in Bangalore but unfortunately they do not have a Z4 TD car; not sure where I can get hold of one. Is there no way to fix the rattles?

Also, how annoying are the creaks/rattles? Bearable or will the sounds drive you up the wall? I had almost finalized on the 530d with the M Sport package when I started contemplating about getting something different - hence the dilemma.
With the Z4 having very little cabin space, the noise can get unbearable after a certain time or have to get used to it. Since the roof is a movable unit, there will always be movement in the panels due to uneven surfaces, same goes with the E92 M3 Convertible as well. Besides as a daily driver the 530d is much more practical when it comes to space and drivability as the Z4 has limitations on space and the ground clearance.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:09   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

SSP you got your info all wrong. GS's car, My car and a couple of friends cars have all got the clear 3M film and its done in the city itself from the Llumar guys and nothing was sourced from USA. The Film comes per sq ft and costs around Rs 575 or Rs 600 a sq ft. The film is cut according to your car dimentions or what the owner wants to have wrapped at their place if the car is sent to them or if the owners place has the mirrors required to get an even cut. I have had the bonnet, bumper corners, side mirrors and the rear wheel arch done in my car. GS and my friend have only the bonnet done, while another friend has had the entire car done.
Hey speedy

Can you please tell me more about this film? From what you're saying it sounds like a body protective film. I've recently bought a metallic imperial blue BMW 320d and I'm looking for a protective layering for my car.

Is this a regular use film to avoid general scratches? or a temporary film for a particular reason ? Is it easily removable as in when the car is washed will it come off ? How visible is it ?
Old 2nd April 2013, 14:51   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Hey speedy

Can you please tell me more about this film? From what you're saying it sounds like a body protective film. I've recently bought a metallic imperial blue BMW 320d and I'm looking for a protective layering for my car.

Is this a regular use film to avoid general scratches? or a temporary film for a particular reason ? Is it easily removable as in when the car is washed will it come off ? How visible is it ?
Hey Bluebeem,

Its a protective transparent film that prevents the paint from getting stone chips (mine got it thanks to the STS) and scratches.

My car is washed, polished etc and nothing happens to the film. The only way it would come out is when someone tries to take it out or its sticky life is over. If someone does not know then he wont make out if the car has any film on it. When you polish the car the edges leave a line due to the powder of the polish but thats cleaned off with a cloth. My car is an estoril Blue and its not noticable unless you really look. The pic of the car is in my gallery on the forum.
Old 2nd April 2013, 17:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
A picture of the twisties and others of the car.

Notice the roof mechanism. Its the first one I've seen which does not fold in the middle. The rear panel would go on top of the roof panel, and then the 2 units would fold into the trunk as one.
Nice car SSP. This is a practical sports car - one which you can use everyday and on the weekend too.

I love that shade of blue and the white interiors, although a pain to maintain look really classy and wonderful.

Congrats on the Z and wishing you many happy miles.

Glad that the fuel pump issue was sorted out to your satisfaction.

Most Viewed