Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 17:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Now if only BMW had popped the engine from the M3 into this , it would make a place in my garage.
Old 25th February 2010, 18:40   #32
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Now if only BMW had popped the engine from the M3 into this , it would make a place in my garage.
I'm sure they will come up with an M version soon.

Here are few more pictures. Quality is not that good. Took them with my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-img00144200912061032.jpg  

2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-img00145200912061032.jpg  

2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-img00162200912201205.jpg  

SSP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2010, 19:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures. Sadly, BMW has confirmed that they don't have plans to make a M version of the Z4. Oh well , even this non-M Z4 has a great engine that has a lot of mod potential.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:19   #34
BHPian

I agree with you Eks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Nice pictures. Sadly, BMW has confirmed that they don't have plans to make a M version of the Z4. Oh well , even this non-M Z4 has a great engine that has a lot of mod potential.
I agree with you Ecks,the lastest BMW Z4 335Is looks more aggresive and sportz
Attached Thumbnails
2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-4fh.jpg  

2010 BMW Z4 - Ownership Report-23.jpg  

Old 25th February 2010, 22:27   #35
BHPian

5-6 its kinda low but its all fun and games for one who can buy 50-60 lac cars right!

any other cars you looked at before the Z4 or this was your first choice?

btw the view from the back is awesome with those anti roll bars. and twin exhaust. its one heck of a car dude.

Last edited by Caramelo : 25th February 2010 at 22:28.
Old 25th February 2010, 22:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude!! Lovely car and lovely color. Have fun with her,am sure ya having
Old 26th February 2010, 00:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSP View Post
Yup. I was initially looking at getting black with red interiors, but once I saw this combo in the flesh, I realized nothing was be better than this.

Theres a running in period of 1,500km on the Z4. Launch Control won't activate until I cross that mark. I haven't done a real hard sprint yet. Shift ups happen way before the redline.

I didn't start out looking to buy a roadster. Started out looking at a E350, quickly gave up on it. Also looked at A4(3.2), BMW5.30i. In the end I realized that I might as well spend a little more and get myself something more fun. I have an '08 Accord which fulfills the need for comfort & space (much better than the E350).

So then I started looking at the Cayman & TT. The Z4 was never in the picture. This was before it launched officially here. Then when it did and I realized I could get a hard-top convertible, I started favoring that. Now Cayman is a far better performer, but my needs were different. I wanted something that was super-fun to drive, with a basic amount of comfort. Cayman is way more fun to push, but is not as comfortable as the Z4. Some might say that Boxter is more in the Z4 category, but a soft-top was a complete no-no for me. In the middle of all this, the TT got lost somewhere.

After driving the Z4 once around crowded streets in Juhu (test drive from Navnit Motors), my heart was set.
Very well put, i guess you know exactly what you wanted. when i took delivery of my car , i drove till the toll gate and came back , did not go into the expressway cos i did nt have the time. anyways enjoy and have a blast

Note from Support - Post edited to remove high speed figures. Kindly do not post such numbers unless it was attained on a closed road like a race track.

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd April 2013 at 17:39.
Old 26th February 2010, 03:09   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice car !

Which 93 octane do you fill and from which pump? I believe our regular fuel is 91 octane and only other one is 97 octane which costs a bomb. How much does 93 octane cost? Power/speed are just 91 octane with additives i believe, not 93 octane.
Old 26th February 2010, 04:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Z4.
Do you feel that a convertible is practical/useful in our country?
Old 26th February 2010, 10:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Congrats on your Z4.
Why on earth wouldn't it be practical ? It is a Hardtop ci. Can enjoy the 'wind in the air' thing when he need while cruising around or showing up at a party and when we wants to get more out of the car on road he can put the roof up and this thing will catapult you into saneless numbers(he alredy did a 250). Literally, he got the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Scorcher : 26th February 2010 at 10:06.
Old 26th February 2010, 10:37   #41
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
5-6 its kinda low but its all fun and games for one who can buy 50-60 lac cars right!

any other cars you looked at before the Z4 or this was your first choice?

btw the view from the back is awesome with those anti roll bars. and twin exhaust. its one heck of a car dude.
Yes 5-6kmpl is low, but I've never really driven the car in 'normal' driving conditions yet. I usually take it out when I want to have a little fun. Plus its only been 1,000 km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nice car !

Which 93 octane do you fill and from which pump? I believe our regular fuel is 91 octane and only other one is 97 octane which costs a bomb. How much does 93 octane cost? Power/speed are just 91 octane with additives i believe, not 93 octane.
My bad. What I meant was 91. Usually at an HP pump nearby. I did fill 97octane once at the pump on Bund Garden Road in Pune, on my way back. It sucks out half a tank each way!!

I did pop in a bottle of Cyclo Max44 once, though didn't expect it to make much of a difference in a brand new car. I do use it in all other cars and plan to use it frequently in the Z4 once its got a few ,000 kms on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Congrats on your Z4.
I think Scorcher did reply what I would also have said. I decided on the car because of the 'best of both worlds' logic, and it really is. On the E-way I kept the net screen (between the 2 roll bars) on, and kept the windows up - No wind turbulence at all.

Only when the weather is pleasant I put the roof down. At other times, the roof stays up. (exception was during the Supercar rally )

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd April 2013 at 17:40. Reason: high speed figures edited out
Old 26th February 2010, 11:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for your new ride SSP, though i am no big fan of Z4 and given this kind of money i would prefer settling for something else maybe a cayman, but there is no denying the fact that its a nice car.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:04   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

SSP- Where in Mumbai is Cyclo Max44 available ? Have you tried OWS360, if so which ones better?
I'd recommend you use 97 Octane since you probably do not use this car as your daily drive and wouldn't be clocking too many miles on it anyways. You certainly aren't getting your entire 300bhp power thanks to the lower quality fuel, 97 octane is expensive no doubt but I'd be willing to pay the price if I had a high performance petrol engine roadster.
Alternately you could also try octane boosters, most of them do not work so try out a couple of brands and see which one suits your engine. Cyclo Max44 is NOT an octane booster so using that is pointless especially on a new engine as there isn't much to clean.
Old 26th February 2010, 12:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Excellent Pics Mate. When I go to London / UK I see so many Z4's there !

And some of the Second hand prices of Z4's are unbelievable there. I could buy one with down payment at those prices. Here I cannot even dream of buying / owning one
Old 26th February 2010, 12:22   #45
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
SSP- Where in Mumbai is Cyclo Max44 available ? Have you tried OWS360, if so which ones better?
I'd recommend you use 97 Octane since you probably do not use this car as your daily drive and wouldn't be clocking too many miles on it anyways. You certainly aren't getting your entire 300bhp power thanks to the lower quality fuel, 97 octane is expensive no doubt but I'd be willing to pay the price if I had a high performance petrol engine roadster.
Alternately you could also try octane boosters, most of them do not work so try out a couple of brands and see which one suits your engine. Cyclo Max44 is NOT an octane booster so using that is pointless especially on a new engine as there isn't much to clean.
I get my supplies from the company itself so not sure about the availability in Mumbai. I've not tried any other product of this type. i used to use Max44 in my cars in USA, so I just stick to what I know works. Agreed its not going to do any cleaning on a new car. After a few ,000kms, it would show results.

BMW recommends minimum 89 octane, preferably 91octane. Plus 97octane isn't easily available (atleast at the pumps I frequent). Initially I thought of the same that I would put 97octane, but after reading what BMW recommends, I thought maybe its overkill. The engine is a straight six 3 litre. Twin turbos is whats making it produce 306hp. In fact BMW is plonking this engine setup in their new 5 series too. I doubt they would expect 5 series owners to pump 97octane.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks