Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 18:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

First ride: Chrysler 300C 3.0 V6 CRD Diesel

Sinister.
Simply sinister.
Yes, its the way to describe this car.

While unfortunately I just got 15 minutes of ride and restricted photography session (managed just 3 with my crappy mobile, was not permitted to take any further), I was fortunate enough to have a look at this American muscle, somewhere in Delhi.

First ride: Chrysler 300C 3.0 V6 CRD Diesel-04032010003.jpg

This car oozes character. And that custom SRT grille with black 20" alloys on black painted majestic silhouette simply sweeps you off the feet.

First ride: Chrysler 300C 3.0 V6 CRD Diesel-04032010002.jpg

Insides, things are simple, yet functional. Form takes over function with simple, huge easy to read gauges, suede finished dashboard and upholstery cosset you in cradles of comfort while you gather the admiration from the crowd who seem to think that its a Bentley..

This car is powered by a Mercedes sourced 3000 cc 231 bhp V6 diesel motor, the same that powered the erstwhile E 280 CDI. Smooth as silk and torquey as hell, it wafts you to ludicrous speeds in no time and as soon as you touch 0-100 in 9.87 claimed seconds, you know you are in treat with the pentastar.

Ride quality is decent with 20" and can be pretty jarring but not fidgety. Handling seemed decent (that driver was putting her through paces in sedate manner) and for such a large car, it was surprisingly agile.

First ride: Chrysler 300C 3.0 V6 CRD Diesel-04032010.jpg

Boot is huge, you know how Americans love to store big luggage and the car is extremely spacious.

While the company may be in shambles in US, this product is simply the best that has come out of Auburn Hills, Michigan. And with a new second generation model coming this fall, tings could only get better.

Over to you, Mr. Marchiomme.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:11   #2
BHPian

the front looks simply oustanding, and has amazing character. But are the alloy wheel an after-market fitment?
Old 5th March 2010, 18:12   #3
BHPian

Awesome car

I have seen a MP registered Chrysler 300C a couple of times in the city. Its a huge car. The car oozes quality be it the paint, or the chrome or the alloys. Simply fantastic.

For a mobile, the picture is pretty good. Which brand mobile do you use? How many mpx?

Last edited by nsbhagwat : 5th March 2010 at 18:13. Reason: added info.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:12   #4
BHPian

Nice report Sid.

Any normal man can be fooled to believe that this is a Bentley. Sad that you could not take more pics.

I have travelled in one of these cars, as an airport shuttle in the early hours of some day in 2008 from Scheveningen to Schipol airport. Amazing driving dynamics.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 5th March 2010 at 18:25.
Old 5th March 2010, 18:18   #5
BHPian

Nice car....I usually hire these in Singapore when I'm there on work.

Very comfy in the rear and good ride too !
Old 5th March 2010, 18:22   #6
BHPian

I and Vid6639 travelled in a Chrysler 300C SRT TAXI at 2.00 am from the amsterdam city centre to my apartment in amstelveen.

We were blown away by the sheer pace the car was going . the driver ripped her through narrow streets touching 100kmph a couple of times. The ride quality was excellent and the interiors were very comfortable.

We were all smiles after paying the driver. Wanted to click a few pics but felt really stupid that we were clicking pics of the taxi we travelled in. Hehe

HUGE SPACIOUS FAST CAR is all i can say. Taxi at that..
Old 5th March 2010, 18:43   #7
BHPian

Sorry but the interior of the car is just junk. I rented the 300C and Charger a couple of times in the past and they always reminded me never to buy an American made car.
khan75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2010, 18:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbhagwat View Post
I have seen a MP registered Chrysler 300C a couple of times in the city. Its a huge car. The car oozes quality be it the paint, or the chrome or the alloys. Simply fantastic.

For a mobile, the picture is pretty good. Which brand mobile do you use? How many mpx?
2.0 Mpx, Sony ericsson K530i. You can see the pic of my mobile in the Indica vista review where i pair it with its blue 5 system.

Enjoy this pic, taken in Paris some time back.
Attached Thumbnails
First ride: Chrysler 300C 3.0 V6 CRD Diesel-img-279.jpg  

Old 5th March 2010, 19:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Sorry but the interior of the car is just junk. I rented the 300C and Charger a couple of times in the past and they always reminded me never to buy an American made car.
I agree about the interior being junk, but the outside is pure gangsta. i have seen many modded 300's and trust me all looks fantastic.

though interior can be improved, covering it in suede or leather is a good after-market option. one of my distant friend has done it really exudes quality of the interior but yes, the stock is too bland and uses cheap quality plastics.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:23   #10
BHPian

Whoa!! That is one big car. The steering wheel looks too Dodge Challenger-ish, while the dials look very Rolls-ish

To me, one with full leather upholstery and 5 spoked wheels (like in Sid's foren pic ) would appeal more.
Nevertheless, nice catch dude.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice find dude, But it being a diesel spoils all the fun factor IMO. What is an American Muscle car minus the rumble and roars ?
Old 5th March 2010, 20:28   #12
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow sid. Lovely car there. Oozes character and class. Saw a silver one in Delhi few days back. Its quite impressive.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
I and Vid6639 travelled in a Chrysler 300C SRT TAXI at 2.00 am from the amsterdam city centre to my apartment in amstelveen.

We were blown away by the sheer pace the car was going . the driver ripped her through narrow streets touching 100kmph a couple of times. The ride quality was excellent and the interiors were very comfortable.

We were all smiles after paying the driver. Wanted to click a few pics but felt really stupid that we were clicking pics of the taxi we travelled in. Hehe

HUGE SPACIOUS FAST CAR is all i can say. Taxi at that..
Oh man was that a fun ride. It was pretty funny. We were waiting in the taxi stand and whenever our turn came and there was a boring cab we would let the guys behind go. Finally we gave up and started walking when we saw the 300C cab vacant. Both of us jumped and flagged him down.

What a ride. At 2am the dude was clipping through the narrow lanes and we could really feel the push the car gave everytime he stepped on the loud pedal.

Love this car.
Old 5th March 2010, 20:41   #14
Senior - BHPian

The gangsta American muscle car! That too a diesel!!!

Anyways, the rims look good. These cars need BIG rims like this one!
Old 5th March 2010, 21:51   #15
BHPian

Nice car and that too in diesel!!
I think this car which was present in the Chennai Auto expo last year.
Is it a 2010 model or 2009?

Most Viewed