Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2005, 18:53   #1
BHPian

Spotted! Brand New '06 Beemers (320i and 3 m3s!!!)

Well, this is just one of those things which you can never forget..

I was on my way to college like any other day.. in fact I was late for a test , and just before the Thane-Mulund Check Naka, I see four shiny cars. I screech to a halt, pull over and check the friggin wheels out! Now even if it was an Audi/Bentley I wouldn't prolly have given it too much attention, but there were frikking FOUR (3 silver and 1 Navy blue) brand new beemers with sequential number plates like.. 5257, 5258 and 5259..so on.

I'm not THAT updated about cars as much I am about bikes, but it dind't take me long to figure out that one of them was a 320i and the other three were m3s :O !!! The flaming headlights/taillights! And the size was kinda smallish. The m5 is my current favourite car and the shark-fin on it's back made me think for a while. I checked on the net and learnt that the 06 m3s have the shark fin similar to m5. I doubted this cos there was no badging of which car it was on the M3s. No M///power badging or anything. But the 320i was badged just that. There was a German ordering 4 Indian drivers how to go about it.. while I'm checking the interiors and the superb alloys out. One of the drivers comes up as they're about to leave and says to me "I'm sorry we have to hurry or I woulda shown you the car properly." I'm like...sure, next time .

Then I asked him whether he's come from Navneet motors (Thane), and he says no "It's direct import from Germany for testing.. :o I guess India is a perfect torture test.

So they move ahead and past the check naka, they stop at a signal. So this same guy is parked next to me. I'm staring and smiling like a fool..cannot control my smile.. He pulls down the window and tells me there's a screen (youcan watch tv), you can talk to anyone on the phone, you can even contact the other cars.. all through the steering wheel buttons. I'm like that's all right, but can you rev her up for me. And he does... That Engine was dying to be revved!

As soon as the signal turns green the leave alongside me as there's traffic and I'm enjoying the fact that there are two beemers riding side by side right in front of me :o.. the m3 and the 320i (And 06 models I'm assuming), and then I kinda pass them due to traffic. As soon as the road cleared up, these started passing me by one by one at eye poopoing speeds.

It was a treat just to see them do crazy speeds.. Damn! I was smiliing the whole day! I couldn't stop smilng throughout my trip to college.

Wooohboy... I must be crazy. Gotta love em beemers man...gotta love em beemers.

Can someone update me with pics ? Thank you very much.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2007 at 09:45. Reason: Yowwie.... 5 smileys removed
Old 27th September 2005, 19:10   #2
BHPian

I could be wrong here. I've never seen wither m5 or m3 in person and so I thought it was kinda small-ish. So I assumed it was a 3. It coulda very well been an m5, in which case I woulda definitely crashed somewhere outta too much excitement ...on my way to college. Ah, my current favourite car.
Old 27th September 2005, 19:55   #3
BHPian

The Indian Govt were to get some.. But since you say they were sequential then probably could be for Reliance dudes or something
Old 27th September 2005, 19:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

hey powerslave,
i have already posted the pics of the 3 series E 90 is a seperate thread.. and none of them is an M3 or an M5.. infact there is not even an M3 concept so far.. but these are stock 320i, 320d, 530i,and 530d, which might be launched in India in a couple of years.. and u can see these cars everyday going all the way upto Nariman point and then back from Ghodbunder road to Thane.. they do it twice in a day.
Old 27th September 2005, 20:00   #5
BHPian

Hey nice day for u man,, i'm not that sure but may be its one of those 3 Series E 90!! which came for road test all over india and now in their second phase of testing in maharashtra500 KMS

I went to navneet motors to check out these cars ,,
[img=http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2353/image0430yj.th.jpg]

Hey i hope mav give some more linght on this .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490
u can see these cars everyday going all the way upto Nariman point and then back from Ghodbunder road to Thane.. they do it twice in a day.
are u serious dude,,, and what bout the sequential number plates are all of'em already regestered

Last edited by aah78 : 27th March 2007 at 20:15. Reason: posts merged
Old 27th September 2005, 20:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

ya mate.. they are registere sequentially and all have Thane Regs.. today they were stuck in traffic on ghodbunder road bcos there was an 11 truck pile up, so they went for their second round on the Nashik Bhiwandi highway for a 100 kms.. they cover upto 250-300 kms/day!! talk bout a great job.. driving BeeM's all day long!!
Old 27th September 2005, 20:38   #7
BHPian

Well.. the tail lights and headlights did look like an M, and quite similar to the pic you've posted. But since there are other beemers with a fin and simliar lights.. I guess it WAS those. But what's the reason behind them checking it out in traffic...? If it seriously a troture test by beemers... ?

P.S. I stay at Thane too. Vasant Vihar.
Old 27th September 2005, 20:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ya man.. i stay in Siddhachal.. in the Bldg next to Sinner..
Old 26th March 2007, 23:59   #9
BHPian

Hey guys i saw this Red M3 in Delhi yesterday.

Old 27th March 2007, 00:15   #10
Awaiting Email Confirmation

thats an 06 M3 rear (count the number of ex pipes)standard for the M3.thus saying what?
Old 27th March 2007, 00:48   #11
BHPian

Thats a wannabe M3. Plus the fact that the old gen M3 only came in two door form and not four door sedan which that car is.
Old 27th March 2007, 00:49   #12
BHPian

caroholic that is not a m3 that just a 3series with a fake m3 badge
Old 27th March 2007, 01:07   #13
BHPian

I can say reassuringly that the red bmw is not an M3 its probably a 318i,

Here's some pics of my friends '04 M3 with CSL GTR Rims:

Old 27th March 2007, 01:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclarenracer View Post
caroholic that is not a m3 that just a 3series with a fake m3 badge
I guess you are right. Here's a closer view

Old 27th March 2007, 01:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Caroholic - You spotted this car on Mathura Road coming from Faridabad side towards Ashram. It's taking a right to enter NFC after the petrol pumps, after this right the first left leads to a dead-end which is the gate of the house to which this car belongs. The owner also has an E38 7-series apart from other cars.

More details about this car, it's a 2002-model 320i saloon, which I had seen before the M3 badge was pasted on it. If I think hard enough I could remember the number of it too but it eludes me right now. The reasons why it's NOT an M3 are as follows:

1. It's a 4-door & the E46 M3 was only offered as either a Coupe or a Convertible.

2. No flared wheel arches.

3. No quad-exhausts.

5. No M3 body kit.

6. Incorrect mirrors.

7. This car rides on stock 16" wheels & tyres whereas the M3 stock size is 18".

8. If you look closely the M3 badge is not ctuck on properly. The 3 is skewed.

Also this car is mostly used in & around the NFC area & is driver driven. The reg. is DL 3C XXXX. Hope this clears your doubt.

Last edited by iraghava : 27th March 2007 at 01:10.

Most Viewed