Team-BHP - Spotted: BMW 5 Series GT in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Spotted: BMW 5 Series GT in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/78824-spotted-bmw-5-series-gt-mumbai.html)

Hey guys, I spotted a brand new 5 Series GT near Shivaji Park yesterday. Looked absolutely stunning in white! Sorry was driving, so no pictures. Anyone got any pictures?

as far as i know.. BMW sold 5GT in only one color that was the one which was used in the promo's. are you sure u saw a 5GT and not an X6?

if you saw a white 5GT then that might be an import.
nice catch btw. hope u had some pics.

There is a Goldenish GT doing the rounds of bombay since the past 2 months or so. Seen it several times. HAs the "love it or hate it" look

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 1818441)
as far as i know.. BMW sold 5GT in only one color that was the one which was used in the promo's. are you sure u saw a 5GT and not an X6?

if you saw a white 5GT then that might be an import.
nice catch btw. hope u had some pics.

I know my cars, it was a GT. I even saw the "GT" badge behind. Besides, the GT looks really different from X6!

Lovely car, the GT. I had no idea that it came only in one color. Thanks for the info!

fx45,

Even parsoli motors, the BMW dealers for Ahmedabad have a white GT on display.

Regards,

I guess the golden one maybe the same one which is on dsplay at Navnit Motors in Juhu. Looks like a 7-Series SUV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by syedhafeez (Post 1818994)
here is a of gt's..source orkut..

Ugly Duckling with a heart of gold. Nice find Syedhafeez. Not fond of the looks of the car but the V8 under the hood is a true beauty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 1819031)
Ugly Duckling with a heart of gold. Nice find Syedhafeez. Not fond of the looks of the car but the V8 under the hood is a true beauty.

Driven it... better than the S and 7 in terms of ride quality, and it looks very imposing IRL. Its gigantic. Also the dealer told me that they are trying to get rid of the 5 series moniker and only call it the GT. The interior is more akin to the 7 than the 5, although it is visually impossible to distinguish between the 3 interiors. The one big difference, is that the GT has an ambient light bar running across the length of the dashboard like the 7 (S class and A8), something that the F10 5 does not have

I dont think it looks all that ugly. Certainly better than the X6.And I always thought BMW's looked great in white.Just my thought. Are all the Gt's white ?

V8 engine???????

As far as I knew GT in India was the 30D diesel spec?

Found her, Found her.... Pics coming up in 10 minutes ....
:D

Model :

BMW 535i Gran Turismo (3.0L I6, 8 Speed Automatic)

Color :

My favorite for bimmers the Alpine White.

-> Was goin at the paanwalla for a fag just when i saw something like an BMW X6 & I ignored as it was too far (200M Atleast) & in the opposite last lane in which i was.

-> Something just wasn't right. My mind was no satisfied as it looked a li'l different from X6 so crossed all 4 roads n finally saw the grill which made sure that it wasn't a X6....

-> Confusions - Confusion & more confusions till i walk the distance. Which can it be ? Suddenly Thoughts of a concept car from BMW came in my mind but couldn't recollect the name.

-> Reached the spot & directly went up to see the badge behind it said -GT-. Laughed at myself how can you forget the Geneva Motor Show(09) u Dumbo ! ! !

-> who seemed like the Owner was talking to someone in Gujrati & looked pretty pissed off. So I was a bit hesitant to approach him at first but after looking at the beauty i couldn't resist.

-> I went and asked him, If i can click few pictures. He eagerly agreed but asked me if i'm from any "News Channel"...LoLzzz so i told him a li'l about myself. He gave me a go ahead but only exterior. He had a Vertu Signature mobile phone which i always drool on as my boss owns one & it sure looks way above the line. :thumbs up

-> Here are the clicks.

@97octane: You're turning out to be a great spotter. First the R8, followed by the blurry 599 and now this. Way to go, man! The fourth snap is particularly nice! :)
I told you the corby wasn't bad! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 1853555)
@97octane: You're turning out to be a great spotter. First the R8, followed by the blurry 599 and now this. Way to go, man! The fourth snap is particularly nice! :)
I told you the corby wasn't bad! :p

Thanks Buddy. Spotted list is huge but clicking then is very very very very Difficult.
:D
Yeah Corby ain't that bad but without proper lighting conditions it just cant do anything, so after sunset its a dud ! !
:Frustrati
My other cell has a 2 mp camera but it works fine in Night its a Nokia 8800.

Lat 3 pictures are optimized for the 1 MB limit of forum thus grainy. Please suggest any better compression which wont kill the quality of pictures..

Massive Beauty,somewhat looks like perfectly sculpted Toyota Prius or rather Panamera married to BMW X6 & their new born BMW GT :).Nice pics 97octane.