Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2013, 20:13   #316
BHPian

I really don't understand why all this talk of his former M3. I remember the car being in spectacular condition before being sold and I don't see why anyone would not want to own that car what with its supercar matching performance. The price asked by whoever currently owns the car may be preposterous to some but justified to those who are looking for exactly something like that.

Anyways as Insideman said, let bygones be just that. The car that replaced it is another thing altogether but I shall just smile and wait for the owner to comment here. Its currently my favorite in the country if not in Asia.
Taronish_E is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 20:37   #317
BHPian

Re: Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
I frequent TeamBHP but I dont comment. But yes, I am always looking around, kind of like window shopping.
Glad to know that. And I'd really love to see some pics/vids of your latest acquisition.
Old 7th December 2013, 10:53   #318
BHPian

Re: Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged

This review is a bit like Ecksreturns review, he knows the car looks good so he doesn’t discuss it. I have borrowed that idea and figured I’d just give you a few personal impressions. As it’s an opinion you are entitled to your own personal notions. I don’t want to argue about on anything. Anyways, here goes…

The Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

This car is like a big gocart with the shell of a Ferrari and a few amenities on the inside to cope with day to day life.
These amenities include a music system and air conditioning, apart from this you have 3D seats, and carbon fiber everything and a little leather on the dash, 3D material roof too, feels space age.

There are a few ways to drive this car.
1) Sport 2) Race 3) CST 4) CST-off

Sport Automatic: just like a normal automatic. Suspension is quite hard as this is a track car.

Sport Manual: this is the standard mode and has the qualities of being used every day, although the suspension is still hard.

Race Automatic: The car does all the work for you… and all you have to do is press the accelerator and brake… and the work is done. (diff in race mode starts doing magic tricks) (quick shifts)

Race Manual: crazy quick shifts, hard suspension and the car is hyper (this car always feels alive, it’s not one of those bipolar natured cars) (diff in race mode starts doing magic tricks) lets you slide and glide around if you will and all in control…(I cannot describe how insane the shifts feel, kind of like a whip) – near 9000 RPM!!! Such a light car coupled with that exhaust note and spectacular motor, with that raw shifting. Makes you feel special.

Race Manual + suspension (~) : That wiggly line is what the car shows you, this softens the suspension and lets the diff do some magic tricks, it’s a lot of fun. This gets you even more sideways and the car glides around a corner beautifully with the tail sticking out.

CST: Traction Control is reduced even more and the shifts make it furthermore exhilarating.

CST-OFF: This is when the car goes bonkers and yet it’s the most fun to drive, a little scary but a lot of fun. (this car is not forgiving in the CST-OFF mode)

I have installed the valves exhaust system which serves everyone well. Keeps the car quiet and also has no drone. The Valves open mode is totally different, its very loud and sounds great.
The car has a Capristo head to tail exhaust system for when it goes to a track. Otherwise it runs the stock exhaust with the Capristo comp to open or close the valves.

The car also runs a Novitec Rosso kit. BMC Air Race Filters CF intake. BBS Ferrari GTO wheels Ceramic Polish. Also at the rear she wears titanium, blue tinted exhaust tips.

The wheels are lighter and I don’t want to spoil the original wheels so that’s why the swap. It was technical decision and practical as well. I wanted to keep the original wheels perfect. They look awesome, satin gold finish.

BMC Race Filters help the car breath better.

The Novitec Black tail lights are also installed on the car, along with bay lights, who doesn’t want to stop at a peaceful spot and just stare at that gorgeous motor. (the white wrap was just done for a photo shoot)(the yellow tints on the lights was for the benefits of people coming in the opposite direction in the monsoons with wet roads and such shiny surfaces its quite blinding.(now it’s off cause the monsoons are done) (4 hours and the car is back to original)

The car is very precise, it’s also got that edgy feel to it when you push it on a track but feels so exciting, really makes you work unlike the newer cars with the computer always budging in. that’s why the 458 is so cool, cause its got a great balance.
This car is not an everyday car for India but abroad it will be great to do small road trips into the countryside on the winding roads while you stop at little inns and have a tea on the porch and just look at natures backdrop with a bright red Ferrari… but the car is here, so like life you gotta make the most of it where it counts, when it counts…

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th December 2013 at 16:46. Reason: Thanks. I've added some line spaces for readability.
insideman is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 12:59   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
(the white wrap was just done for a photo shoot)(the yellow tints on the lights was for the benefits of people coming in the opposite direction in the monsoons with wet roads and such shiny surfaces its quite blinding.(now it’s off cause the monsoons are done) (4 hours and the car is back to original)
I am glad to read this ! Those two elements ruined the car's charm in my opinion.
But hey, if i was offered a free wrap for a photoshoot, I'd do it too
Old 7th December 2013, 13:12   #320
BHPian

Charm doesn't matter when you take "consideration for others" into context, people in on-coming traffic plus the wet roads, super bright lights, shiny road surface(the light reflects down then straight back up), also at this point the road wont be clear to on-comers and that isn't really fair, it's annoying when people drive full beam oncoming or even when you look in the rear view, so if you don't like that and you know its annoying to others to have rather powerful lights then swap out... its only polite to do so.

Even the valves: the exhaust was so loud it woke people up when I started it at night. thus the valves and took out the Capristo. Only use it for track use only: head to tail system.

The wrap is also good cause people pose for pictures and their rings or watches scratch the car and finger prints and stuff... very annoying(plus their huge belt buckles cause they lean on the car etc. Plus if you just want a change visually it doesn't really matter, red will always be red.
insideman is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th December 2013, 22:29   #321
BHPian

Insideman, can you please post some images of the 430?
Old 10th December 2013, 00:29   #322
BHPian

Just saw a white Scuderia in London and I must say it looked awesome, eagerly waiting to see insideman's best in Bombay.. Trust your taste in cars. Drive safe
Old 6th May 2014, 15:04   #323
Senior - BHPian

Hi insideman,

Saw this ad on car dekho and was curious to know if it is your old M3.

http://www.cardekho.com/used-car-det...une_256988.htm
Old 6th May 2014, 15:21   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Saw this ad on car dekho and was curious to know if it is your old M3.
Yes it is his ex car.
Old 16th May 2014, 00:58   #325
Senior - BHPian

And the Horse is back on its OEM Scud Wheels.
Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3-10257578_309508952540651_7784978661554115994_o.jpg
cityvic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 20:43   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
And the Horse is back on its OEM Scud Wheels.
Attachment 1241135
And its back to the BBS FIs
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 12:57   #327
BHPian

Re: Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3

Series of photos from the SCC 2015 event. Lovely captures by Avik Dey, especially the one at night is spectacular.

Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3-dsc_0112.jpg

BBS FI's based on the 599 GTO wheel design

Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3-dsc_0151.jpg

Mumbai and Pune Horses by night

Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3-dsc_0332.jpg

Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3-dsc_0338.jpg

Leaving the paddock!
Taronish_E is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 16:52   #328
BHPian

Re: Insideman's Garage : Ferrari 430 Scuderia, '68 GT500KR, LR Disco, EX Supercharged M3

Just went through the entire thread today, I remember seeing the used M3 in the market sometime a year or two ago, hope whoever bought it, it's having as much fun as insideman did.

On topic, would love to get some updates brother.
Old 13th February 2016, 18:03   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
Just went through the entire thread today, I remember seeing the used M3 in the market sometime a year or two ago, hope whoever bought it, it's having as much fun as insideman did.

On topic, would love to get some updates brother.
I don't think anyone is having fun with the M3

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...-india-81.html
Old 5th July 2017, 22:47   #330
PPS
Senior - BHPian

From youtube.

PPS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks