Team-BHP - What car is this exactly? Old E class coupe?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   What car is this exactly? Old E class coupe? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/80346-what-car-exactly-old-e-class-coupe.html)

Hey.. saw this blue old E CLASS but I was a little confused cause it had only 2 doors! It had a sunroof and an AMG badge on the back. I never knew they came in coupe form. Or is this a job done up on a regular e class? It looked hideous in my opinion..

Team-BHP Note : Please ensure that the registration numbers are blanked out.

This is definitely not an AMG. Its most probably an E320 Coupe.

that is indeed a MB E class coupe. its not a one of. MB used to manufacture this sometime in the late 80s.
Cheers!!

YSoSerious, it's a C124 coupe from the 124 lineage.
And it's not hideous at all (at least to me) :D. Cut the beauty some slack, it definitely doesn't look like a chop job man!!
Love the color. Nice snaps. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i (Post 1857006)
YSoSerious, it's a C124 coupe from the 124 lineage.
And it's not hideous at all (at least to me) :D. Cut the beauty some slack, it definitely doesn't look like a chop job man!!
Love the color. Nice snaps. :)

Maybe its the condition that it was in that made me feel the way.. There was rust all over and the side mirror was broken off and the insides were rusting(can be seen in picture).

This car has been coming to some of the classic rally's. Contrary to some comments Mumbai has some fare amount of W124 coupes. One fool in Mumbai/Kal has advertised the most abused silver coupe I have seen for 13 lacs now. It was advertised and offered to me by the main owner dealer for 4 lacs a year ago then it was advertised for 11 lacs and now last month a dealer in kal offered it to me for 13!!. This silver car was offered to my friend some 4 years ago and needed work, it had no takers were his words the paint is not original come to think of it a lot in that car isn't. Note to all if you are stuck with a car that isn't worth much send to these guys/dealers as I have not seen the kind of appreciation they create:uncontrol

Such a beautiful car. THe B-pillarless design is timeless.

It fixes the only flaw in the W124 sedan which is the clumsy looking rear end and C-pillar.

The convertible was also fabulous machine.

That is the E Class coupe, very rare in this part of the world. THere was also a convertible version E320 Convertible for the USDM. i think it was on sale in the US till 1995.. good condition 1995 E320 Convertibles still go in the used car market for as high as USD 15-20k.

Great and rare find.

In my opinion it is THE perfect car. I would kill to own one in good condition.

This car personifies everything i look for in a car.

There is also a dark green E320 Cabrio in Mumbai. The pics are somewhere on the forum but cant seem to find it. It was pictured in one of the Vintage rally threads.

There used to be one silver coloured E320 coupe in Kolkata too, not spotted it recently. However the paint on this blue one looks after market rather than original.

Thats a great find, look good. If I'm not wrong I think the same car was seen in a old Govinda movie (in 1995 or so) in which Karishma Kapoor was his pair. In that movie Kader Khan (Govinda's dad) was driving the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1857079)
This car has been coming to some of the classic rally's. Contrary to some comments Mumbai has some fare amount of W124 coupes. One fool in Mumbai/Kal has advertised the most abused silver coupe I have seen for 13 lacs now. It was advertised and offered to me by the main owner dealer for 4 lacs a year ago then it was advertised for 11 lacs and now last month a dealer in kal offered it to me for 13!!. This silver car was offered to my friend some 4 years ago and needed work, it had no takers were his words the paint is not original come to think of it a lot in that car isn't. Note to all if you are stuck with a car that isn't worth much send to these guys/dealers as I have not seen the kind of appreciation they create

I remember inquiring about this car. 11 was quoted. I didn't even bother with further conversation. Now that i have read about it's history, i'm glad i wasn't tempted. However, if the price is right i might consider it for a complete restoration. Do you think having a 124 sedan as a donor car will be handy? Do they share may parts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 1857985)
Thats a great find, look good. If I'm not wrong I think the same car was seen in a old Govinda movie (in 1995 or so) in which Karishma Kapoor was his pair. In that movie Kader Khan (Govinda's dad) was driving the same.

That was a cabriolet

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 2676737)
I remember inquiring about this car. 11 was quoted. I didn't even bother with further conversation. Now that i have read about it's history, i'm glad i wasn't tempted. However, if the price is right i might consider it for a complete restoration. Do you think having a 124 sedan as a donor car will be handy? Do they share may parts

That was a cabriolet

W124 parts are available aplenty, so blocking a whole parts sedan for a 2 door may not be needed. Perhaps stocking particular parts specific to 2 door and ragtop models may be wise but again these have still to become rare...unless you are stocking with 20 year outlook!!

A friend is parting a w124 indian billing E220 incase you still want to have a donor sedan/parts

canonball its nice to see you posting again,i hope you remember i was asking you for this c124 a few months back,there was also a c124 in punjab way back in 2008,dont know where it is now,c124 with a 6 cylinder 3l engine is very desirable in India
you are right on the parts info canonball :thumbs up
Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 2676832)
W124 parts are available aplenty, so blocking a whole parts sedan for a 2 door may not be needed. Perhaps stocking particular parts specific to 2 door and ragtop models may be wise but again these have still to become rare...unless you are stocking with 20 year outlook!!

A friend is parting a w124 indian billing E220 incase you still want to have a donor sedan/parts