Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2013, 15:04   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!

Mr.Gemballa's sweet (and bonkers) ride posing
Attached Thumbnails
My Kleemann K4 : 650 BHP and 900 NM of torque!-gemballa.jpg  

///RMan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 21:27   #152
Senior - BHPian

This car already on sale within 3 months after all that was done to it....kinda strange to me. I wish a potential owner was given a clean unmolested and or unmoded car to consider. With all that has been done to it, some good, and some awe full makes it difficult to consider. I prefer original aesthetics and work done on it frankly is meaningless to the purist. Perhaps there many boy hearted racers who may consider it. I like the original owners philosophy in the way he either keeps cars original or does modifies them with subtle and model specific aesthetically more appealing mods
Old 6th November 2013, 21:58   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
This car already on sale within 3 months after all that was done to it....kinda strange to me. I wish a potential owner was given a clean unmolested and or unmoded car to consider. With all that has been done to it, some good, and some awe full makes it difficult to consider. I prefer original aesthetics and work done on it frankly is meaningless to the purist. Perhaps there many boy hearted racers who may consider it. I like the original owners philosophy in the way he either keeps cars original or does modifies them with subtle and model specific aesthetically more appealing mods
What was done besides the wrap in the past 3 months? Some major mods?

I mean the wrap can just be pulled off with no damage to the paint.
Old 6th November 2013, 22:03   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
What was done besides the wrap in the past 3 months? Some major mods?

I mean the wrap can just be pulled off with no damage to the paint.
Not sure how major or minor, lost track. Perhaps previous pages on this thread may answer your question. I think the wheels too are recent addition. I also recall some more power was added recently upping the bhp output.

Regarding wrap being pulled out etc. I am no expert but certain trim parts don't go back the same way once removed without complete replacement. Also when strong adhesives based applicants when needed to be separated, there is no 100% guarantee that paint remains intact every where added to which cleaning and restoring paint with detailing may result in minor paint damage. Not really seen any wrap removing been down so far locally to really be sure it is being done well. Would not want to be a Guineapig in india in such un chartered territory

Last edited by canonball : 6th November 2013 at 22:18.
Old 7th November 2013, 00:12   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Not sure how major or minor, lost track. Perhaps previous pages on this thread may answer your question. I think the wheels too are recent addition. I also recall some more power was added recently upping the bhp output.

Regarding wrap being pulled out etc. I am no expert but certain trim parts don't go back the same way once removed without complete replacement. Also when strong adhesives based applicants when needed to be separated, there is no 100% guarantee that paint remains intact every where added to which cleaning and restoring paint with detailing may result in minor paint damage. Not really seen any wrap removing been down so far locally to really be sure it is being done well. Would not want to be a Guineapig in india in such un chartered territory
As far as the wrapped parts are concerned, they can be unwrapped and it will look like it never had anything done it to it.
As for certain parts, which are painted like the grille for example, would need to be redone/repainted if the original look is wanted.
Old 7th November 2013, 22:17   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
As far as the wrapped parts are concerned, they can be unwrapped and it will look like it never had anything done it to it.
As for certain parts, which are painted like the grille for example, would need to be redone/repainted if the original look is wanted.
Hey rMan have you seen any unwrapped (not wrap replacement) car in india?...for that matter witnessed unwrapping process? I believe wrapping itself is fairly new in india.

Last edited by canonball : 7th November 2013 at 22:36.
Old 7th November 2013, 22:35   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey rMan have you seen any unwrapped (not wrap replacement) car in india?...for that matter witnessed unwrapping process? I believe wrapping itself is faily new in india.
Red R8 V10 from TN had done red chrome wrapping which was later removed. From what I have heard from a person who has seen the car, there is absolutely no damage to the original paint.
Old 7th November 2013, 22:45   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey rMan have you seen any unwrapped (not wrap replacement) car in india?...for that matter witnessed unwrapping process? I believe wrapping itself is fairly new in india.
Even insideman's previous ride - the M3 was wrapped in matte black for a short duration but was removed soon.

Last edited by S2!!! : 7th November 2013 at 22:47.
Old 8th November 2013, 00:17   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes sir have seen an unwrapped car and it looks exactly the same as it was before being wrapped.
For example Insidemans M3, as mentioned above, which was done from the same place where the E55 was done up.
Have seen the M3 wrapped and post wrap removal too and nothing looked amiss atleast to the naked eye.

Know the wrap guy too who did it and the original paints have absolutly no aftereffects due to the adhesives or wraps per se,except, as I mentioned earlier the painted parts which need to be redone

Last edited by ///RMan : 8th November 2013 at 00:24.
Old 8th November 2013, 09:27   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Yes sir have seen an unwrapped car and it looks exactly the same as it was before being wrapped.
For example Insidemans M3, as mentioned above, which was done from the same place where the E55 was done up.
Have seen the M3 wrapped and post wrap removal too and nothing looked amiss atleast to the naked eye.

Know the wrap guy too who did it and the original paints have absolutly no aftereffects due to the adhesives or wraps per se,except, as I mentioned earlier the painted parts which need to be redone

Yup naked eye that's the one I have my reservations on . For me its ok on regular car that could be junked in 15 years, but who am I kidding most good cars are sent to the dogs anyway as our boorish cash windfall boosted and or newly en cashed lot will make sure every hand that it goes through leaves their unique mark Strictly going by any valuation norms, and order of preferences a car that has never been wrapped is more desirable.

Last edited by canonball : 8th November 2013 at 09:29.
Old 8th November 2013, 13:16   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yup naked eye that's the one I have my reservations on . For me its ok on regular car that could be junked in 15 years, but who am I kidding most good cars are sent to the dogs anyway as our boorish cash windfall boosted and or newly en cashed lot will make sure every hand that it goes through leaves their unique mark Strictly going any valuation norms, and order of preferences a car that has never been wrapped is more desirable.
Well I have seen the M upclose and I dont think there was any problem with the paintjob it had.
The original paint is desirable no doubt but if you are bored and wrap your car for a few months, I don't think it affects the value of a car.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen any car which had its paintjob spoilt after being unwrapped ?
And if so,were the wraps used of a reputed brand/make or Chinese ripoffs ?
Old 8th November 2013, 22:18   #162
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Well this has gone wayy too

And canonball, I dont know what made you think that wrapping cars damages the paint, unless you had your car wrapped/saw a car wrapped, with cheap chinese wraps.
It absolutely does no harm to the paint, standing examples being insideman's M3 and even AM's M3 and also as Unknownsatan mentioned, the R8V10. Post wrap a detailing job or even a good wash does its job to get back the paint's sheen. It doesnt damage the paint, and if it did, I am sure we wouldnt have so many supercars wrapped.
Old 11th November 2013, 15:51   #163
BHPian

Shes now up for grabs in Mumbai, at a dealer on Marine drive, asking 25 lacs, invoiced at approx 1.4 crs.
TRANSAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 16:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
Shes now up for grabs in Mumbai, at a dealer on Marine drive, asking 25 lacs, invoiced at approx 1.4 crs.
Any particular reason for such a low price?
Old 11th November 2013, 16:15   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Any particular reason for such a low price?
True, Its a 2006, MH-12 registered in Pune, with 20k on the odo, but then again these cars do depreciate rapidly. A friend of mine is keen on the car, so hopefully will have more info soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks