Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 10:17   #46
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 61,653
Thanked: 210,056 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvm View Post
Got the car about 4 weeks ago, and have put lot of kilometers on the odo already. Did our first road trip of the many to come. Mumbai to Goa. Total of 1400 kms including local travel at goa.
It's thoroughly refreshing to see someone using an import for real driving & long distance cruising, rather than pose as a garage queen. You really couldn't have chosen a better place than Goa either. The drive is as amazing as the actual destination.

Congrats on the car, and on using it like it was meant to be.
GTO is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 16:40   #47
Newbie
 
beemerBMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kodaikanal
Posts: 6
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Awesome!!!!! nice one dude. German Engineering is always the best. Also the car looks muscular with hard roof top. I had seen many soft roof tops, which makes the car look cheap

Have fun
beemerBMW is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 17:36   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
AyAn!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Durgapur/Calcutta/Pune
Posts: 2,169
Thanked: 863 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerBMW View Post
Awesome!!!!! nice one dude. German Engineering is always the best. Also the car looks muscular with hard roof top. I had seen many soft roof tops, which makes the car look cheap

Have fun
The current E89 Z4 doesn't come with a soft top option,only the retractable hard top.You must be talking about the last gen E85 Z4 soft top.
AyAn! is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 17:37   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,601
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
Few pics of Z4 taken last month. indubitably, one of the best straight6 exhaust note.
Hey dude! Lovely snaps...Isn't that your car? Congrats! Yet another Z4 on the forum Plz start your ownership thread too!
theragingbull is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 18:52   #50
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,900
Thanked: 6,847 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
Few pics of Z4 taken last month. indubitably, one of the best straight6 exhaust note.
Dude, that is some awesome snaps there. Agreed, you can start a ownership thread of your own and ask the mods to move these post to that thread. Please !! Do it ! And, better pics with the SL55 are welcome too
Scorcher is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 19:59   #51
BANNED
 
unknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 439
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

suvm
Could you tell us how much mileage it gives ? I know who cares about mileage who has that car but curious to know.
Congrats
unknown is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 23:07   #52
BHPian
 
tushar_lalsan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: B'lore
Posts: 76
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Dude, that is some awesome snaps there. Agreed, you can start a ownership thread of your own and ask the mods to move these post to that thread. Please !! Do it ! And, better pics with the SL55 are welcome too

I wish to do so, but there are 2 similar threads on Z4 already, how much more can i contribute , i reckon few occasional snaps would do.
tushar_lalsan is offline  
Old 7th May 2010, 23:54   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
theragingbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,601
Thanked: 634 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
I wish to do so, but there are 2 similar threads on Z4 already, how much more can i contribute , i reckon few occasional snaps would do.
Dude in your profile picture, there's an S-class, Z4 and a Merc SLR Is that in India?
theragingbull is offline  
Old 8th May 2010, 00:06   #54
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 196
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Its not an SLR. The side 'gills' are missing. Its probably a 'done up' SL thats made to look like an SLR. There was another one spotted in Mumbai and featured on some thread too.
YSooSeriouss is offline  
Old 8th May 2010, 08:08   #55
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BLR
Posts: 377
Thanked: 331 Times
Default

Good stuff !! I second GTO's opinion. Quick question: Do you feel any palpable loss of power by using 91 RON ? Any idea of the GC in mm ?
Ash_vtec is offline  
Old 8th May 2010, 13:10   #56
Senior - BHPian
 
Scorcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Trivandrum, KL
Posts: 4,900
Thanked: 6,847 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Dude in your profile picture, there's an S-class, Z4 and a Merc SLR Is that in India?
Quote:
Originally Posted by YSooSeriouss View Post
Its not an SLR. The side 'gills' are missing. Its probably a 'done up' SL thats made to look like an SLR. There was another one spotted in Mumbai and featured on some thread too.
Guys, that is not a SLR but a SL55AMG with SLR front kit. Infact, it is the only SL in Kerala, that too a AMG
Scorcher is offline  
Old 8th May 2010, 14:56   #57
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
suvm
Could you tell us how much mileage it gives ? I know who cares about mileage who has that car but curious to know.
Congrats
Local city driving around 6 kmpl - which is same as what i get on 3 series 320i petrol

highway with sports mode, aggresive style driving - 7 or 7.5 kmpl. but around 9-10 kmpl can be achieved easily if car is driven around 120-130

for a sports car these figures are highly efficent i would say.
suvm is offline  
Old 8th May 2010, 23:27   #58
SSP
BHPian
 
SSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
I wish to do so, but there are 2 similar threads on Z4 already, how much more can i contribute , i reckon few occasional snaps would do.
Mods should merge the Z4 threads.
SSP is offline  
Old 9th May 2010, 11:10   #59
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Technocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: GTA
Posts: 14,827
Thanked: 2,673 Times
Default

MOD NOTE - Since these are ownership reports & each car is run & maintained differently & in different conditions, we would like to keep separate threads for each car's ownership.

@tushar_lalsan - You can start your own ownership Thread
Technocrat is offline  
Old 9th May 2010, 17:22   #60
BHPian
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nasik
Posts: 381
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

Hey congratulations suvm! Nice color and beautiful car.

Do try and use atleast 91 octane speed fuel. Because even with 91 my car's engine knocks.
Take care mate!
Dante is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks