Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:33   #1
BHPian

Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa

Got the car about 4 weeks ago, and have put lot of kilometers on the odo already. Did our first road trip of the many to come. Mumbai to Goa. Total of 1400 kms including local travel at goa.
Attached Thumbnails
Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc00978.jpg  

Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01075.jpg  

Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01092.jpg  

Last edited by Dippy : 4th May 2010 at 12:06. Reason: Deleting font tags. Please avoid copy pasting from an external text editor. Thanks
suvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 11:30   #2
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice ride mate !!
I guess you should try writing your travelogue and post some pics of the trip.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:05   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice ! I like your rims and color combo.

What's the on-road price? I hope you are feeding it 97octane fuel?
Old 4th May 2010, 12:18   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Nice ! I like your rims and color combo.

What's the on-road price? I hope you are feeding it 97octane fuel?
Thanks all. I will post some more pictures soon.

on road mumbai approx 80 lacs. (high taxes in mumbai compared to rest of country)

I am using regular fuel as suggested by BMW india. Hardly seen 97 octane fuel at any pumps.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:34   #5
BHPian

I just love that color on Z4, awesome ride mate. would love to see more of your ride as well as the travel experience.
Old 4th May 2010, 13:19   #6
BHPian

I am assuming that a car like the Z4 will be pure exhilarating awesome pleasure to drive on the Goa highway. Just think about how it will take those bends & turns and the ghats and the fast sweeping turns.

I am looking forward to this one.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:36   #7
Senior - BHPian

Your white Z4 looks beautiful buddy! Especially with the top down, this is one of the most gorgeous roadsters! I reckon this is the 3rd Z4 in the forum.

Seems like your enjoying your Z4 to the fullest. Mumbai to Goa must be loads of fun with the roadster. Tell us more about your travel experiences and also post some more pics
Old 4th May 2010, 15:15   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the buy buddy. Looks a zillion bucks in AW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvm View Post
on road mumbai approx 80 lacs. (high taxes in mumbai compared to rest of country)
OMG, That is Insane. You could have bought a M3 for that sort of money and register it outside Mumbai. But hold it, I just can believe it, a 20L leap ? I mean, for a car which cost 59L ex-showroom (BMW rolls out sports car Z4 at Rs 59 lakh - India Business - Biz - The Times of India), 80L sounds nuts. Even if it is 'lunatically' loaded, 80L ?

Last edited by Scorcher : 4th May 2010 at 15:17.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

The car looks awesome and love the fact that it is used the way a Gt should be. Looks good in white.

Wont that make it in the price territory of the M3. The M3 in chennai costs 88 lakhs on the road.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:56   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
I am assuming that a car like the Z4 will be pure exhilarating awesome pleasure to drive on the Goa highway. Just think about how it will take those bends & turns and the ghats and the fast sweeping turns.

I am looking forward to this one.
Car is fun and easy on the hilly roads. bends and turns are navigated at pretty decent speeds without much effort. We had our BMW 3 series as well on the trip and must tell you the 3 series had pretty hard time following the Z4 and keep the Z4 in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Congrats on the buy buddy. Looks a zillion bucks in AW.

OMG, That is Insane. You could have bought a M3 for that sort of money and register it outside Mumbai. But hold it, I just can believe it, a 20L leap ? I mean, for a car which cost 59L ex-showroom (BMW rolls out sports car Z4 at Rs 59 lakh - India Business - Biz - The Times of India), 80L sounds nuts. Even if it is 'lunatically' loaded, 80L ?
M3 coupe / convertible was out of the question.
Reasons:
I already own a black 3 series sedan which i do not plan to sell yet
Z4 is faster with 0-100 figures compared to M3 - source bmw.in
Z4 is a 2 seater roadster - M3 doesnt match the looks at all (personal choice i beleive, i am sure some would prefer the other way round)

Registration fee for full import cars is higher, i think equivalent to corporate tax rate in mumbai + octoroi . Ex showroom for my car is 63 lacs. (with options) - rest to the government and insurance etc if mumbai registration.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sweet looking Z4 there dude! Nice to see it being driven long distances

Could you please post more pics and driving experiences etc.?
Old 4th May 2010, 16:07   #12
BHPian

On the way to Divar Island where you got to take the ferry to the island (since it doesnt have a road connecting the island)

The Z4 couldnt make it on the ferry because of low ground clearance so had to wait at the jetty point. We did the island trip on the 3 series.
Attached Thumbnails
Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01032.jpg  

Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01024.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 16:17   #13
BHPian

Pic 1 - Food break - Top being closed
Pic 2 - At the fuel station on the highway
Attached Thumbnails
Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01102.jpg  

Great Indian Road Trip – BMW Z4 35i Convertible from Bombay to Goa-dsc01063.jpg  

Old 4th May 2010, 16:36   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
The car looks awesome and love the fact that it is used the way a Gt should be. Looks good in white.

Wont that make it in the price territory of the M3. The M3 in chennai costs 88 lakhs on the road.
That must be M3 Hardtop convertible, the coupe costs just around 80L OTR. The M3 Hardtop ci and 650i in Kerala showroom was sold for 88L(Maybe 90L OTR).
Old 4th May 2010, 18:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

The German boys do look great. Have fun with them. Would love to read a travelogue, if it isn't too much of a hassle!

Most Viewed