Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 18:19   #1
BHPian

My European Stable!

I think its a bit late but better late than never.
Alright here goes, it was one lazy saturday evening (june09),

dad: we’ll get dinner out tonight? what say?
me: sure!why not try the new hotel thats opened up?
dad: ok! chalo!

its around 9pm ish now, we are done with dinner coming out of the hotel, there is something that catches my eye,

me: OMG! dad! dad!
dad: i see it too! god its sweet!

mom did not realize it until the last minute and then she said: that has to be the next car you buy!

i stood next to it for god knows how long! the valet had just brought our car and waiting for his tip.

but the three of us, we were looking at the gorgeous metallic indigo Jaguar XF!
it was love at first sight for the three of us. on the way back home, there was no other topic spoken it was only about The XF!

me: you wanna buy it?
dad: yes! its a lovely car, ask them to get in touch with you and wel take it from there.

the next day, i put a query on the jaguar website. about 3-4 hrs later i get a call,

me: hello?
caller: sir, you had enquired about a jaguar xf on the website,
i am calling from jaguar-landrover, mumbai.
me: yes i would like to buy a xf and i would like you to send me all the
specs and pricing etc of the xf

jag sales guy: sure sir, will mail it immediately.

i get the brochures, the more i see the car the more i fall for it, my dad sees it,loves it,with a evil smile he says: we’ll go to bombay next month, by then i need you to get me all the details, prices,delivery and specs about the car.

july 09:

we arrive in bombay in the morning, i have scheduled the test drive at 2pm.
i get a call by 1:45pm the guy says sir i am 10 minutes away from your hotel,
so i stand out on the balcony, and 5 odd minutes later i see a black jag entering the gates of the hotel, i thought to myself, i want the same color!

the next thing i know is that i am sitting in the rear, with mom and dad, its pretty spacious at the rear. the sales guy gets into the front. we go for a small drive around the hotel, by the time we do that he’s explained to us the whole car well almost!

we drop mom and dad at the hotel, and go to the showroom but this time I drive!!!
i sit in the driver’s seat and this car is just awesome, i start it and the growl from the 5liter v8 made me drunk! the gear knob came up, the ac vents opened! Fancy dude!!
put it into drive and gave some gas OMG! it takes off!! the guy said floor it! 2 gears down the nose went up! the exhaust opened and we have lift off!! it did 130 on marine drive!!! and brakes they can stop the earth spinning!

i went into the showroom, armed with a cheque, smiling to glory. got the paper work done, i tell the the guy i want it in ultimate black with charcoal and spice interiors and gave him the cheque! he said i would get the car in september. the agonizing wait starts!

2 months and a lot of phone calls later i get a call saying that the car has reached the bombay port and awaiting customs clearance. 3 days later i get a mail with the 1st pictures of my car.

My European Stable!-xf5.jpg

My European Stable!-xf7.jpg

My European Stable!-xf3.jpg

the guy says the car would be loaded in the trailer the same day and it would take 3 days to reach chennai, on the 3rd day(night actually) i get a call from the transporting company,to say the car has reached the outskirts of chennai. i ask him not to come into chennai and tell him to wait there, the next morning my friend and i reach the place where the trailer is parked. (about 50 km from home). they opened the trailer and my dream was a reality, the fairy tale story had come true! YES!!!

the car was brought out of the trailer, i did the inspection of the exterior and the interior, some more paper work and then the time had come! i sat in the car, adjusted the seats, and pressed the start stop button, the gear selector rose up and the ac vents opened, i could not smile wider! the drive back home was AMAZING!

more detailed pics soon with ownership review.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:36   #2
BHPian

Very nice dude.I can only imagine how ecstatic you would have felt during the various high points in the journey till the delivery.The moment when your dad said 'We ll get it",you giving the checque and you taking the delivery of course. Awesome. Would have been much better if this came earlier as we are all well acquainted with your car now but never the less very nice write up.Do make more trips to Bangalore.

P.s- where did you see the XF that you initially fell in love with? I thought yours was thw first XF in Chennai.
Old 17th May 2010, 18:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

One classy car... everyone these days has a Mercedes or a BMW or an Audi. No more Zermans. Congratulations!
Old 17th May 2010, 18:45   #4
BHPian

It's AWSOME Man , what a Purchase , in Black its Stunning.
Can you post some more Tech specifications of your beauty .
Old 17th May 2010, 18:46   #5
Senior - BHPian

Ah great JagXF! Nice reading the story behind your gorgeous car
Looking forward to more experiences/pics/videos buddy!

Can we expect a review of your ML on this thread too?
Old 17th May 2010, 18:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Absolute beauty dude! Please post more pics soon! we need beautiful better pics these pics dont do justification to your beauty

What was the OTR?

Quote:
One classy car... everyone these days has a Mercedes or a BMW or an Audi. No more Zermans. Congratulations!
very well said dude. Merc,Audi BMW are no more exclusive. lot of them are on road, jaguar is the machine to own!
What is the starting price of Jaguar in India?

Last edited by recshenoy : 17th May 2010 at 18:56.
Old 17th May 2010, 19:06   #7
BHPian

SWEET!! So you finally did start your own thread!! Nice write up.. Cheers!!
Old 17th May 2010, 19:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread JagXF

As I have always been telling , your XF is fabulous .

Now that you have owned the car for a few months , looking forward to a good ownership review.

Do share your experiences on your drives to B'lore as well.

Drive safe .
Old 17th May 2010, 20:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful review jagxf!Thanks a lot for sharing this beautiful car with us,and we all know you put the cat through its paces well!
Old 17th May 2010, 21:32   #10

Every time when i see your car on the road it makes me go WOW!!! I can understand how you would have felt when you actually went in to book the car. Its definitely a looker. Drive safe and don't keep ripping it dude
Old 17th May 2010, 23:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

Nice review dude!!! Hope ya will come up wiith more of your "experiences" and yeah more snaps please.

I like this part- "i get a call from the transporting company,to say the car has reached the outskirts of chennai. i ask him not to come into chennai and tell him to wait there"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirevbg View Post
don't keep ripping it dude
Ya talking to a wrong person dude

Last edited by Unknownsatan : 17th May 2010 at 23:28.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:21   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Nice review dude!!! Hope ya will come up wiith more of your "experiences" and yeah more snaps dude.

I like this part- "i get a call from the transporting company,to say the car has reached the outskirts of chennai. i ask him not to come into chennai and tell him to wait there"

Ya talking to a wrong person dude
LOL varun will never change . I feel sad for the car
Old 17th May 2010, 23:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Nice write up dude, Good to experience the whole scenario unfold right infront of my eyes. You must learn to post pics in an order. Delivery pics would have, eh forget it !

Did someone just said you shouldn't rip the car??

Yes, B'lore drive report and pics.

Last edited by Scorcher : 17th May 2010 at 23:30.
Old 17th May 2010, 23:29   #14
BHPian

Hey man, nice write-up. Isn't the interior upholstery in your car much darker than in this picture?
Old 17th May 2010, 23:31   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Buddy. Nice purchase.

Its amazing the way the Jag is standing out among the AMBs (Audi, Merc and Beems). Though I find the interior layout to be a bit similar on almost all Jags, but none the less, enjoy the wilder beast

Most Viewed