Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 16:22   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
Thank you! ownership report will be up soon!

Will be doing a review of the MLclass after this, hence the title.

Those are the rear brakes hence smaller in size.

The service guys come down to Madras, Jaguar service should be up and running in Blore shortly.
So I thought. And how come the brakes aren't drilled? Its a high-performance car. But hell, I'm just nitpicking cuz I can't have 1. Have fun with ur ride!
Old 19th May 2010, 17:17   #47
BHPian

wow..absolute drool stuff...

What a car !!! And the interiors are just so jazzy & at the same time they dont pierce your eyes too..just apt. one word, I am.. BLOWN !

And you have penned down your buying process that looks so laid back for the kind of price tag that it carries

As many have said, this is a treat for your eyes given the times that we are in where in we get to see only Mercs & BMWs.

385 bhp..how is the feeling man ? have you had a chance to rip ?
Old 19th May 2010, 17:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

jagxf; Congrats.

A very different ownership thread we see at Team-BHP. Haven't see someone post pix and details of some exotic they buy! Great job. Awaiting more.

@ s3va: please also read posts too. Our friend here bought this for that
Old 19th May 2010, 17:28   #49
BHPian

Now to the ownership report,

I have done around 6900km in the XF, and these are my observations or findings.

My European Stable!-img_2071.jpg

The engine first,
When i first drove the car after delivery the engine felt very different to what it is now, it felt like a small kid jumping around everywhere and every time, it was a bit annoying at first, but now the growl has become more prominent it feels more mature, i am not saying it has become sedate OH NO! its nowhere near sedate, let me put it this way, now it knows what to do when to do.

My European Stable!-img_8562.jpg

I was told by the guys at Jaguar that it will get more efficient the more i drove it and they were right, now i get around 6-6.5 kmpl in city and that i feel is good from a v8, when i give it the beans it gives back 4-5kmpl , on the highways its about 9-9.9 kmpl (i haven't touched 10kmpl) with constant speeds between 130 - 160 kmh.

My European Stable!-img_1640.jpg

The car is mostly driven on manual on drive mode in city and use sports for some spirited weekend or long drives, at the same time i use Dynamic mode, in both sports and dynamic mode i get a big display in the instrument cluster which tells me which gear i am in and turns orange when i near the red line which is 6500 rpm, one thing i love about using sports and dynamic in manual at the same time is that when the revs hit the redline, it does not change to the next gear unless i change it using the paddles, the gear shifts are quick and change when i want them to change.

My European Stable!-img_8656.jpg

The brakes,
After a couple of burnouts and a couple of track days they are still as good as new, the only problem is that there is a lot of brake dust that comes out, even on the lightest of braking. I believe you can see the brake dust on the body of a lighter colored XF.
My European Stable!-img_3258.jpg

Handling:
The XF comes stock with 245/45r18 Dunlop tyres, which are good, i cannot say they are as good as the michelin ps3 or the pzero’s but they do their job well, when taking corners pretty fast they do tend to squeal but otherwise they are ok.
My European Stable!-img_3248.jpg

The car handles like a dream, it loves the twisty bits more than the straights. On track there is a wee bit of understeer into the corners,with the DSC set into TRAC, the car feels light and very very tail happy, chuck it into a corner and the tail will step out no matter what, the power slides are very controllable, in the end you have a happy driver, a happy car and very angry tyres!

The ground clearance is good, in Chennai it does not scrape on any speed humps or anywhere for that matter, but when you compare the GC of cars in the same league it is low.
My European Stable!-img_3280.jpg

The Interiors:
From what i have gathered from people sitting in the passenger and the rear seats i can say that the XF is more of a driver and passenger oriented car, the rear seats are very much comfortable and there is headroom to spare when a tall person sits in the rear,but all the toys are driver and front passenger centric. If i have to nit-pick then i have to say that, when i drive (always) i make sure that 2 air vents are directed to me, and i usually use the paddle shift, the cold air always is directed to both my hands, this can get irritating on long drives, i guess thats why steering heating is there for, but it does get annoying sometimes.
My European Stable!-img_8649.jpg

I shall do the videos once the rain stop playing spoil sport!
I hope this report, it being my first one is upto Team BHP standards.
The MLclass review will be up soon.
I want to thank v12,manishasrani,arjunrudra & scorcher for helping me to put up the thread!

Last edited by jagxf : 19th May 2010 at 17:40.
Old 19th May 2010, 18:36   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 351027

I was told by the guys at Jaguar that it will get more efficient the more i drove it and they were right, now i get around 6-6.5 kmpl in city and that i feel is good from a v8, when i give it the beans it gives back 4-5kmpl , on the highways its about 9-9.9 kmpl (i haven't touched 10kmpl) with constant speeds between 130 - 160 kmh.
That's a decent FE. Really great !
Loved the first pic !!

Quote:

The car handles like a dream, it loves the twisty bits more than the straights. On track there is a wee bit of understeer into the corners,with the DSC set into TRAC, the car feels light and very very tail happy, chuck it into a corner and the tail will step out no matter what, the power slides are very controllable, in the end you have a happy driver, a happy car and very angry tyres!
Love this line !!

Overall, its an awesome Ownership report JagXF !
Congrats once again !
Happy Revving !

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th May 2010 at 19:11. Reason: Fixed quotes, Also only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully, thanks
Old 19th May 2010, 18:43   #51
Team-BHP Support

Fantastic ownership review, jagxf!

You've covered pretty much everything that there is to. The photographs are stunning and the whole article is very well worded. Thank you for taking the effort! I would have loved to help but Manish, Scorchy and Arjun have done a fab job! And I'd also like to thank you for taking me on one of the best rides of my life when you were in Bangalore. I really appreciate it!

Congratulations once again!

And for those who haven't met him, this is all I've got to say:

"Gem of a person, jewel of a car!"
Old 19th May 2010, 18:50   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Hey nice writeup!
Albeit i have congratulated before, congrats again!

Drive safe and take care!
Thank you dude!
drive safe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
So I thought. And how come the brakes aren't drilled? Its a high-performance car. But hell, I'm just nitpicking cuz I can't have 1. Have fun with ur ride!
AFAIK it is a GT cruiser, i guess you get drilled brakes only on sports and super cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
jagxf; Congrats.

A very different ownership thread we see at Team-BHP. Haven't see someone post pix and details of some exotic they buy! Great job. Awaiting more.

@ s3va: please also read posts too. Our friend here bought this for that
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Fantastic ownership review, jagxf!

You've covered pretty much everything that there is to. The photographs are stunning and the whole article is very well worded. Thank you for taking the effort! I would have loved to help but Manish, Scorchy and Arjun have done a fab job! And I'd also like to thank you for taking me on one of the best rides of my life when you were in Bangalore. I really appreciate it!

Congratulations once again!

And for those who haven't met him, this is all I've got to say:

"Gem of a person, jewel of a car!"
Thank you dude!
Old 19th May 2010, 20:06   #53
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic thread man - loving the ownership report! The more I see of your XF the more I love the way it looks Love the detailed snaps!

It looks so menacing especially in the night shots... congrats again on a wonderful choice!

Can't wait for more pics/videos/review of the ML!

PS: voted five stars

Last edited by anekho : 19th May 2010 at 20:08.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:33   #54
BHPian

VR/46_Chet: proper ownership report what say?
anekho: Thank you! will do the videos when the rains stop.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:48   #55
BHPian

Damn, cant say anything apart from Lovely !
Old 19th May 2010, 20:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for buying a new TATA!

Use it sensibly that 5 liter supercharged Land Rover v8 is brutal
Old 19th May 2010, 22:16   #57
BHPian

Amazing write up Bro.Does not look like this is your first time. Being a little shamless,Can I get to see your car the next time you are in Bangalore?.Havent even seen any of the Bangalore XFs.

P.s - Bro protect your beauty from Laila . ( Am sure you will)

Last edited by aah78 : 19th May 2010 at 23:09. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 19th May 2010, 22:31   #58
BHPian

That is one sweet classy car.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

Short and sweet!!! More mature way of writing. Nice. And wonderful snaps to make it more lovely.
Waiting for the videos dude. Damn this dame,Laila
Old 20th May 2010, 07:28   #60
Senior - BHPian

Wow awesome ownership report. Lovely coverage of all aspects of the car. There were no stones left unturned.
And for the videos am really ecited as I have a good feelings am going to be part of it.

Most Viewed