Team-BHP - Mercedes Benz CLS 350
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Mercedes Benz CLS 350 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/8262-mercedes-benz-cls-350-a.html)

Hey guys,
A couple of days ago, I went my dad’s friends place for dinner with my parents. To give my company was my dad’s other friend’s kids who were there with their parents too.
When we reached, we parked the car on the road and entered through the exit gate and on the way to the lobby type area, I saw their mercs (E, CLS, S 350), Audi (A8), Skoda Octavia 2.0 and Honda City 1.5.
The Merc and the Audi as usual caught my attention and we were thinking about them in our minds on the way up to their house.
Since this is about the Merc, I will stick to that so Audi later guys.
Well after meeting everyone and giving them ‘Dhok’, my dad’s friends wife asked ua whether we would like to go or a drive in the ‘red merc’ (Which was obviously the CLS). Actually she asked me first and then the others which I guess was because she knew I loved cars.
So after 10 minutes of finding a free driver and getting the car ready and all, we find ourselves downstairs. As we had to drop a kid off to his house, we had to go to Chowpatty and from there we planned to go to Nariman Point and back.
My friend was sitting in the front seat till Nariman Point, from where I would take over.
Well,
Since the car had done on 184x km, we couldn’t rip it, not that the driver was willing to either considering it was 8.30 in the night an there was some traffic.
So here is my impression –

Looks –
He car really looks awesome. The build quality is also top notch. However, since the car is low, getting ni and out is tough. One thing I particularly liked were the rim less doors.
They looked awesome when opened however, one thing I didn’t like was the attention the car got. I mean everyone was staring at us whichever direction you turned to look at.
Also, if you have to buy the CLS, buy the red colour. It looks just awesome.

Interiors –
The interiors reek quality. I really wasn’t fond of the design on paper but in reality it looks even much better. The Music system is the same one found on the E Class, which is a kind of let down but the sound quality is awesome. The space however is not great and is a bit smaller then the E class or so I felt. The back seat has a parition type thing because of which you cannot seat 5 and moving from the left to the right or vice versa is kind of a problem because you don’t want to ruin the seats.
The HVAC controls, both front and rear are also from the E class.

Ride –
While I can’t say anything about the handling, the ride is quite nice but not exactly there at the top but I guess Mercedes had to find a good balance b/w ride and handling and that could be the reason.

Driveability –
While I didn’t get to drive the car, the driver was quite happy though he also didn’t get to drive it a lot. He however did mention that he liked the A8 more. I don’t know what way he meant it. Could be overall but who knows. Will have to ask him the next time I meet him.

Other Stuff –
The car had 2 dents on it. One each by the owners son and daughter but they aren’t that visible.
Will post pics soon..

Here are the Pics -
Sorry for the poor quality of interior and rear pics but Noki Night mode isn't good and it is tough taking in the dark w/o nightmode.
The interiors are just about visible as is the rear. Pics taken by N6630.
First pic is the best -

The S350 is just about visible on the right side

The Audi is also visible in this one. Sorry for the poor quality.

the rear again. Just trying this one out. Tell me which one you guys like more -

Interior 1 -

Interior 2

Rear a.c. vent -

Indian chauffeurs...the luckiest in the world! CLS, A8, Gallardo...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rtech

And their pay is not that bad either ;)

Agree bro.
7K a month to drive BMW's, Mercs. Some of the most exotic machinery on Indian Roads.
Saw another Chauffuer driven CLS yesterday. Same colour different number.

Quote:

You forgot the numerous BMW's - the 7-series, the 5's, i had also seen a couple of chauffer driven M5's with their 'memsaabs' seated in the rear and the driver probably having the best time of his driving career (assuming he has some idea of what he was driving), the chauffer driven Porsche (sold now) that used to take kids on Sunday Morning drives on Marine Drive!

Emm i have gone absolutely off-topic!

Hey Lambo.....cool review there. Try and get t drive it and then post the drive part as well.

P

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Agree bro.
7K a month to drive BMW's, Mercs.

Not to mention these cars are automatics and have cooled massaging seats.

Great review about the ride...by the by who's this lucky guy who owns this much luxury cars??

I have seen the ultimate in chauffeur driven cars: A White Porsche 944 Cabrio with a uniformed driver driving while the Mr.& Mrs. sat squeezed up in the tiny rear seats!

Quote:

I have seen the ultimate in chauffeur driven cars: A White Porsche 944 Cabrio with a uniformed driver driving while the Mr.& Mrs. sat squeezed up in the tiny rear seats!

Talk about the driver being in the comfy place and the owners in a tight spot :D

Nice review Lambo. Hopefully you get us driving impressions as soon as you get a driving permit

Quote:

I dont think so.

In Trivandrum, you can see a chauffeur-driven M800. This car is owned by a lady who is a senior executive in BSNL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
I dont think so.

In Trivandrum, you can see a chauffeur-driven M800. This car is owned by a lady who is a senior executive in BSNL.

Once, was in the West End and in comes a chauffeur driven Reva, old Mr Maini in the front seat and mrs Maini squeezed in the back - thats carrying the point too far methinks

Thanks guys,
2 more years for a driving impression if possible so watch this space.

Nice review Lambo. It would have been nice if the pix were good.

Sorry about the pics but Nokia nigt mode becomes quite blurred and in normal mode, that was the best i could do.
Aren't we slightly offtopic here? Can people fit in the backseat of the reva?