Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 16:31   #61
SSP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Great car! Really lovely!

However, I am distracted by the little insect in your pic. I have removed it several times from my screen, but it doesn't go
I nearly smacked my laptop's screen when I first saw it !!
Old 6th July 2010, 17:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv View Post
Great car! Really lovely!

However, I am distracted by the little insect in your pic. I have removed it several times from my screen, but it doesn't go
If my avatar bugs you (pun intended), I will change it...
Old 11th July 2010, 00:10   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
Oddly enough, I found the rims to be particularly appealing when I bought her - probably because there is so much 'sameness' in the alloy wheels you see these days.

It is a V8 engine, not V12... the V12 is on the SL55AMG and the SL600

Thanks, mate! Will be careful, no worries. It's just that the car begs you to push her and the burble of the engine is just addicting... but your advice is well received
Can't blame you for that speed. When I bought my 650i, we drove down to my palce in Kerala. On Mumbai-Pune, I almost hit the max speed -just 7Km/Hr short. Car & the road was begging for more !
Old 11th July 2010, 15:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL11 View Post
Can't blame you for that speed. When I bought my 650i, we drove down to my palce in Kerala. On Mumbai-Pune, I almost hit the max speed -just 7Km/Hr short. Car & the road was begging for more !
The 650i is such a beauty!! Good for you! Hey, I was born in Thrissur, how about that?!
Old 14th July 2010, 18:17   #65
Senior - BHPian

Wow !! The car looks almost new. And yes I love the alloys
Old 15th July 2010, 00:27   #66

I have a strong love for the R230 SL500. In black, it's one of the classiest looking cars in the world.
Old 15th July 2010, 07:42   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Wow !! The car looks almost new. And yes I love the alloys
Hey, thanks Incidentally, my new set of wheels (same rims - Mercedes "Alphard" design) are awaiting Customs clearance and should be with me by this weekend! New Conti tyres as well...
Old 15th July 2010, 14:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

I am joining the party a little late. Just loved the cars as well as rims.

I wanted to ask this question before also, what is the logic behind getting the same kind of wheels? Are the current ones damaged or something? Or those will be some other car?
Old 15th July 2010, 14:16   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I am joining the party a little late. Just loved the cars as well as rims.

I wanted to ask this question before also, what is the logic behind getting the same kind of wheels? Are the current ones damaged or something? Or those will be some other car?
The present wheels will move to another car
Old 16th July 2010, 16:33   #70
Senior - BHPian

In case you are not getting another car, these will look absolutely killer on a Laura.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
In case you are not getting another car, these will look absolutely killer on a Laura.
True, but even if these 18-inch rims fit on a Laura, the ride quality will become pretty harsh on account of low-profile tyres... not recommended.
Old 17th July 2010, 19:26   #72
BHPian

Happiness! New 18 inch rims arrived this morning from alloywheelsdirect.net, UK. Pre-balanced, pre-fitted with Continental Contact Sport2 tyres... rear 285/35 and front 255/40. Mercedes owners, don't bother buying wheels locally, at the fancy prices charged by the dealers or from the grey market. Just order them online from this OEM Mercedes wheels supplier, and get them to your doorstep via DHL air-cargo. Even with freight, 36% Customs duty and 4% Octroi (in Mumbai) the gross landed cost is way, way lower than buying the stuff locally. Besides, you get fresh stocks (for the tyres, especially) rather than aging rubber (and you know how dangerous THIS can be )
Old 17th July 2010, 21:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new wheels and tires and thanks for sharing this info about them being cheaper than the local OEM suppliers.Will definitely keep it in mind.Even for the superbikes i have found buying from the internet far cheaper than the suppliers in India.
Old 20th July 2010, 19:05   #74
BHPian

Hey Varaman, we meet again! So it's the SL500 this time! What other aces you got hidden up your (considerable) sleeve? Heartiest Congratulations, Big Bro! Am I turning green....... !
Old 20th July 2010, 19:11   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Hey Varaman, we meet again! So it's the SL500 this time! What other aces you got hidden up your (considerable) sleeve? Heartiest Congratulations, Big Bro! Am I turning green....... !
Hey, bro! Good to hear from you again - been a while. Yup, this is the latest ace, alright! Been lusting for a Mercedes sports coupe for years ... and then this one came along

Most Viewed