Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 23:32   #16
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the SL500 Varaman. If I am not wrong, isnt this a Bollywood car and one of the first 4 to be sold by MBIL when launched. The wheels are the optional Sports package wheels.

More pics of the car (if its the same one) : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ckage-amg.html
Old 1st July 2010, 00:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on an amazing car, Varaman. As many have said, I have my doubts about the wheels, but in the end, its your car and you know best! Drive her safe and do treat us to some more pics, especially of the engine bay and the interiors! Thanks in advance!
Old 1st July 2010, 01:33   #18
BHPian

Nice Machine. Congratulation Varaman. If i am not mistaken, isnt this car from Hiranandani (Powai). I may be wrong, but had seen a similar SL out here.
Old 1st July 2010, 01:46   #19
BHPian

Of all the goodies in your car, I like the wheels the most!!!
She looks splendid!
Congratulations mate!
Old 1st July 2010, 05:18   #20
BHPian

Very nice car. Make sure to keep it that way.
Old 1st July 2010, 07:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Congrats on the SL500 Varaman. If I am not wrong, isnt this a Bollywood car and one of the first 4 to be sold by MBIL when launched. The wheels are the optional Sports package wheels.

More pics of the car (if its the same one) : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ckage-amg.html
Yes, this is the first SL500 to be invoiced in India. No, it is not the same one in the pics shown on your link

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikibusa View Post
Nice Machine. Congratulation Varaman. If i am not mistaken, isnt this car from Hiranandani (Powai). I may be wrong, but had seen a similar SL out here.
Nope, not the same car, though you may have seen it driving through that area sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
Congratulations on an amazing car, Varaman. As many have said, I have my doubts about the wheels, but in the end, its your car and you know best! Drive her safe and do treat us to some more pics, especially of the engine bay and the interiors! Thanks in advance!
Will post more snaps. Like me, there seem to be more BHPians who love the wheels on the car ; But then, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder... there is no absolute metric, is there?

Last edited by Dippy : 1st July 2010 at 09:56. Reason: Hi Please use the multi quote option instead of creating back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2010, 09:51   #22
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Immaculate car varaman. The wheels are stunning and the red leather interiors are just wow. Its an absolute beauty. Drive safe. Congratulations.
Old 1st July 2010, 10:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

NIce one there dude...Love that interior
Old 1st July 2010, 10:28   #24
BHPian

I Think this car was earlier owed by Bollywood actor - Sunny Deol.....
Old 1st July 2010, 11:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Firstly congratulations on buying a great car and the wheels are great. Hows the ride with the 18" wheels. The car had come once for Suspension work to Autohanger. Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaman View Post
Yes, this is the first SL500 to be invoiced in India. No, it is not the same one in the pics shown on your link
It is the same car Varman. Posting a link below. The only issue is yours is the only car in Bombay to have these wheels. The car was maintained at Autohanger and have seen her there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/53260-post14.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
Yes it is the same one.

Last edited by speedy : 1st July 2010 at 11:18.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:17   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Immaculate car varaman. The wheels are stunning and the red leather interiors are just wow. Its an absolute beauty. Drive safe. Congratulations.
These alloy wheels have evoked mixed responses... some BHPians love them and others don't like them much... personally, I think they are quite unique ('cos I am bored of seeing the symmetric multispoke alloys on most supercars) and stunningly beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Firstly congratulations on buying a great car and the wheels are great. Hows the ride with the 18" wheels. The car had come once for Suspension work to Autohanger. Drive safe.

It is the same car Varman. Posting a link below. The only issue is yours is the only car in Bombay to have these wheels. The car was maintained at Autohanger and have seen her there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/53260-post14.html

Yes it is the same one.
I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort levels given by the 18" wheels - had expected a much harsher ride. Will be putting a new set of tyres in the next week or two.. either Michelin PS2 or Continental ExtremeContact DWs. Should improve the ride quality even more.

Quote:
Can't confirm or deny that Am happy that it is mine now

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2010 at 15:07. Reason: Hi Varaman, posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

Its a dream and I am glad you living it. The car looks stunning, Congratulations. And the rims I feel are awesome.

Regards
Old 1st July 2010, 11:42   #28
BHPian

A unique car!

Quote:
Acquired her two weeks back.
My Mercedes SL500-11.jpg
With unique alloys!

Quote:
These alloy wheels have evoked mixed responses... some BHPians love them and others don't like them much... personally, I think they are quite unique
In past, a unique owner spotted driving similar unique vehicle with similar unique alloys!

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...tml#post788186

Here's one that I regularly spot though. Sunny was driving.

My Mercedes SL500-xyz1.jpg
Quote:
Quote:
Can't confirm or deny that Am happy that it is mine now
Do I know the answer?

Last edited by prateek99 : 1st July 2010 at 11:50.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:00   #29
BHPian

Sweet. I loved the rims on it.
Old 1st July 2010, 12:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Varaman! Nice car, I own one of these examples also. Very trouble free as long as you use her every week, otherwise the electronics throw tantrums. A pleasure to drive on the expressway, actually wants you to push her. Did a Worli-Khandala[90kms] in 1.05 hours at 7am in the morning one day.
I have 18" amgs too with Yoko'sand no problems with the ride.
Check if the fuel tank has been replaced, else you will need to replace them very soon. These early models had a problem of the baffles coming loose in the tank, and MB does not acknowledge them as a manufacturing defect, so the owner pays, I paid for mine, and after a lot of fight got them to chip in 25% of the tank cost. I had to pay for the labour fully!! Do check and replace the oils, you will find a change in feel.

Most Viewed