Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2010, 14:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Whoo! The car looks bespoke in the Matte shade. The owner must be one lucky guy to set his hands on this piece of history. Great snaps there bro. Waiting for the High res ones.
Old 16th July 2010, 14:26   #17
BHPian

Yup, heard about this....it arrived in the country about 2 days ago

here is the live link for the launch event...Mercedes-Benz India : Webcast Powered by :: 24 Frames Digital
Old 16th July 2010, 16:03   #18
BHPian

Ohhh Man!
6.2 litre V8 engine throwing out 563 BHP at 6800 rpm at 650 Nm of torque at 4750 rpm. 0-100 km/hr in in about 3.7 seconds and a top speed on 317 km/hr.
An Engine that revs all the way upto 7200 rpm.
Not to mention the incredible road presence this thing has. This is, in my opinion the most beautiful supercar to come out in the past decade. I love everything about this car from the gorgeous front grill that for reminds you of something oh-so-70's yet still seems modern, to those sensational doors that have earned it the name gullwing to those lovely impeccable rims that scream "The King of Pimps".
Now if only they could remove one of those absolutely scintillating Zero's from the otherwise perfect price tag, and i'll buy this ridiculously stunning machine right this instant.

Last edited by kadanaJ : 16th July 2010 at 16:14.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures hanmust. Thanks for sharing. I quite like this colour but if i had to get one it would be in the classic Gullwing silver with maroon interiors. Didnt like the desert golden really. I'm sure Mumbai will have a launch event once the cars allocated to the Mumbai buyers arrive.

@ragingbull: With this car, I wouldnt mind being a CRCG. Atleast the car goes as fast as it sounds. Isnt that cool?
Old 16th July 2010, 17:25   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A pure German muscle car man, and a rare modern Merc that'll make you droll. The SLS is only here to add more shine to the brand. BMW doesn't have an answer to this one.

Quote:
Fine-tuned AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine developing 420 kW/571 hp
A powerful eight-cylinder Mercedes-AMG engine forms the heart of the new SLS. The fine-tuned 6.3-litre V8 engine develops 420 kW/571 hp at 6800 rpm, making the SLS AMG one of the most powerful sports cars in its segment. A power-to-weight ratio of 2.84 kg/hp comes courtesy of the low vehicle weight. The naturally aspirated engine delivers its maximum torque of 650 Nm at 4750 rpm. The SLS accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.8 seconds, and has an electronically limited top speed of 317 km/h. bearing the internal designation M 159, the high-revving V8 engine with its displacement of 6208 cubic centimetres has been thoroughly reengineered compared to the basic M 156 engine, and boasts all the hallmarks of powerful racing engines.

The principal measures in increasing output include the all-new intake system, the reworked valve train and camshafts, the use of flow-optimised tubular steel headers and the dethrottling of the exhaust system. This results in much better cylinder charging, which feeds through into an increase in output by almost nine percent -- 34 kW/46 hp. The eight-cylinder engine responds swiftly to movements of the accelerator pedal, demonstrating much more pronounced high-revving flexibility across the entire rev range. The switch to dry sump lubrication also translates into a much lower installed engine position. And lowering the vehicle's centre of gravity has also paved the way for high lateral acceleration and exhilarating driving dynamics.
Mercedes SLS AMG launches in India today-pic-2.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 16th July 2010 at 17:26.
Old 16th July 2010, 17:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Mercedes Benz India has officially launched the first ever SLS AMG in a short while ago at Hotel Imperial Delhi. I'm posting few snaps I clicked, will post the details & more photos soon. Want to rush to airport to catch my flight back.
The pretty young things look so superfluous for the launch event - you almost resent their presence because they block the view of the car
Old 16th July 2010, 17:50   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The SLS is only here to add more shine to the brand. BMW doesn't have an answer to this one.
Attachment 388785
So so right there Rush! A magnificent automobile!
Old 16th July 2010, 18:15   #23
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing pics Hanmust and GTO. The Z8 would have been BMW's obvious answer to the Mercedes SLS, if it was still in production.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:19   #24
BHPian

Guys don't you think its a rather shoddy way to transport a Rs 2.5 crore car? Look at the way the front wheel is tied, seems like the front wheel is bearing the entire stress of the car. Also, why are the rear wheels placed at an incline?
Old 16th July 2010, 18:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

This looks a killer in red. I would go for a red one. Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Now for my 2 crore, where did I keep them ? I would have liked more spokes on those Ferrari inspired alloys.
Old 16th July 2010, 18:36   #26
BHPian

How much is the price tag?

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2010 at 09:55.
diecast is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th July 2010, 18:36   #27
BHPian

Thanks to hanmust and GTO for the pictures. Hope to get to see more of this beauty
Old 16th July 2010, 18:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Expected price: Rs. 1.86 to 2.50 crore.
This was in the original post.

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2010 at 09:56. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 16th July 2010, 18:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Wow! Is that something like a Matte grey shade? Looks brilliant!! Can't wait to see this one!
@Speedy, you said there would be one in Bandra by July. So has it finally landed here?
Old 16th July 2010, 19:40   #30
BANNED

My photos of the Merc SLS AMG launch are coming up at Flickr: vm2827's Photostream . . . sorry for the delay, some other work, too. It is heavy season here in hot HOT Delhi with launches and stuff all the time.

This is Merc's 17th media event/launch this year. A decade ago, Merc brought a 2 generation old E Class car to India, with diffidence and a patronising approach. (I know, I was there, and was then on tv as well as helping with the PR, so got a ringside view).

Now, they have their best carpetbagger approach to a country which can't seem to stop consuming expensive toys. Imagine the who's who of Merc India wilting in the hot summer heat of a humid July day to showcase a new car? That says it all.

The real battle will start soon, when the price of a Honda Accord sets the benchmark for the entry Merc C, BMW 3 and Audi A4 . . . that's where the numbers are foretold.

Most Viewed