Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2012, 01:47   #181
BHPian

Re: Ferrari F458 Italia in Mumbai! EDIT: 458 Pics on pg2 + VIDEO pg7!

Spotted the pearl white 458 Italia with black roof at Worli then coming towards GSK and then back to Worli about an hour ago. As soon as the driver got a straight stretch he floored it and wow it had an incredible sound! Car looked beautiful and elegant.
I saw some guys in a Swift trying to chase the 458 in vain. They were driving quite scarily swerving left to right with continuous horn and flashing high beam.
Old 29th July 2012, 21:34   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak77 View Post
Spotted the pearl white 458 Italia with black roof at Worli then coming towards GSK and then back to Worli about an hour ago. As soon as the driver got a straight stretch he floored it and wow it had an incredible sound! Car looked beautiful and elegant.
I saw some guys in a Swift trying to chase the 458 in vain. They were driving quite scarily swerving left to right with continuous horn and flashing high beam.
When did you see this?? This car shuttles between Bombay and some other city often.

P.S.
Anybody who tries to chase down a Supercar is quite literally trying in vain. I would discourage my friends from going after a car like that because there is a chance you'll see it again. Risking your life and of those with you is not worth a few shots of a car.
Taronish_E is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 06:54   #183
Senior - BHPian

I tihnk it's just the excitement that gets the better of them.
Old 30th July 2012, 11:05   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
When did you see this?? This car shuttles between Bombay and some other city often.

P.S.
Anybody who tries to chase down a Supercar is quite literally trying in vain. I would discourage my friends from going after a car like that because there is a chance you'll see it again. Risking your life and of those with you is not worth a few shots of a car.
Taronish wrong info again...This car does not shuttle between any cities..its a pure Bombay car.

The idea of these people is not to out run a supercar but to take pictures, record sound clips and videos. In their excitement they forget its not the last time the car will be seen and do go rash and over board. There have been many incidents where supercars and these peoples cars/bikes have been damaged in doing so.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 18:36   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy
This car does not shuttle between any cities..its a pure Bombay car.
Wasn't it in Delhi sometime back in 2011? I had heard the diffuser was broken while unloading the car in Delhi.
Old 30th July 2012, 19:46   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa

Wasn't it in Delhi sometime back in 2011? I had heard the diffuser was broken while unloading the car in Delhi.
As per the Ferrari India dealer all Ferrari's have to go to Delhi for oil change, service and repair.
Old 4th September 2012, 14:52   #187
BHPian

Spotted a Red 458 Italia on Marine drive. The driver was cruising and thankfully no one was trying to chase it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ferrari F458 Italia in Mumbai! EDIT: 458 Pics on pg2 + VIDEO pg7!-458-italia.jpg  

silverblue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2012, 15:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As per the Ferrari India dealer all Ferrari's have to go to Delhi for oil change, service and repair.
I am intrigued. That seems to be quite a painful affair. Imagine the 458 in BLR and Chennai. Quite a distance to cover.
Old 5th September 2012, 11:11   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I am intrigued. That seems to be quite a painful affair. Imagine the 458 in BLR and Chennai. Quite a distance to cover.
They do go on a flat bed truck. As per what i have been informed is a few owners have refused to send their cars to Delhi as the dealership does not take responsibility for any damage in transit and its at the sole risk of the owners.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 12:55   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
They do go on a flat bed truck. As per what i have been informed is a few owners have refused to send their cars to Delhi as the dealership does not take responsibility for any damage in transit and its at the sole risk of the owners.

Still no updates on Ferrari Mumbai, speedy ?
Old 5th September 2012, 13:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Still no updates on Ferrari Mumbai, speedy ?
I dont think Ferrari would want to set up another showroom with the current dealer seeing the issues owners and prospective owners have with them. Bombay was slated for next year so lets see how it goes. I hope a new dealer is appointed.
Old 5th September 2012, 16:28   #192
BHPian

I wonder how much would the 458 would cost on the road.??
Old 5th September 2012, 17:41   #193
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunlaxman View Post
I wonder how much would the 458 would cost on the road.??
The standard 458 OTR delhi is 3.7 crore..Including airfare from Italy.
Old 5th September 2012, 23:54   #194
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think Ferrari would want to set up another showroom with the current dealer seeing the issues owners and prospective owners have with them. Bombay was slated for next year so lets see how it goes. I hope a new dealer is appointed.
Speedy I heard from highly placed reliable sources that our wishes might finally come true since after the dealers debacle earlier with Audi and next with Porsche, Ferrari/Maserati are keen on a different dealer for the country since the customer feedback has been far less than confidence-inspiring and his customer service leaves a lot to be desired, which is why the Ferrari/Maserati showroom or service center has not yet come up in Mumbai after their initial entry and launch in Delhi. Infact was clearly told one of the big Mumbai dealerships of BMW/Rolls Royce has been lobbying for the Ferrari/Maserati dealership here. I really hope for the sake of Ferrari/Maserati owners past, present and future the news from the grapevine is true.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:24   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadwolf View Post
Speedy I heard from highly placed reliable sources that our wishes might finally come true since after the dealers debacle earlier with Audi and next with Porsche, Ferrari/Maserati are keen on a different dealer for the country since the customer feedback has been far less than confidence-inspiring and his customer service leaves a lot to be desired, which is why the Ferrari/Maserati showroom or service center has not yet come up in Mumbai after their initial entry and launch in Delhi. Infact was clearly told one of the big Mumbai dealerships of BMW/Rolls Royce has been lobbying for the Ferrari/Maserati dealership here. I really hope for the sake of Ferrari/Maserati owners past, present and future the news from the grapevine is true.
Bigbadwolf two of the complains sent to Ferrari/ Maserati have been from my family and there are complains from others as well. There are people who were invited by Ferrari/ Maserati to consider the car for India as they are existing owners of the brand abroad. These invitees flatly refused to even talk to an Indian representative for a car one of them being my family. A close friend of mine had spoken for the California and was quoted 2.35 basic for it by the sales person and when he contacted the Owner od the Dealership he was quoted 2.85 basic by him. My friend just dropped the idea and bought a Lamborghini instead.

There are many in the race to get the Ferrari/Maserati dealership and they are not only existing car dealers but new people who want to start off. Past Ferrari owners dont have issues as their cars are direct imports and serviced outside, the current owners are the ones facing issues and by word of mouth the future owners stay away from the brand. If you ask me i would buy another brand supercar than deal with the Ferrari/Maserati dealer even if they gave me a car at half price.

The Existing Ferrari/Maserati dealer not only lost Audi, Porsche but i have heard even Ducati is washing off its hands from him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks