Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2011, 15:49   #76
Team-BHP Support

re: ASTON MARTIN: Officially launched in India on 15th April, 2011

What an incredible machine the One-77 is! It's arguably, the best looking car ever made! That gaping grille coupled with those incredible lights, those wide 911-esq rear-haunches and that brilliant rear end, it's just to die for!

I always thought the Vanquish and the DB5 were the best looking Astons. But they look almost pedestrian in comparison to the One-77. I'd like to see at least one of them on our roads. Yes, it might be overpriced and overrated for what it delivers, but what the heck, you wouldn't care if you had 20 crores, would you?

EDIT: If 007 had a Godfather, he would drive a One-77

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th April 2011 at 15:53.
Old 16th April 2011, 16:44   #77
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the episode of the Car n Bike show and the anchor claimed that Aston Martin has bagged orders for over 20 cars already and 1 buyer for the ONE-77 priced at over 20 crores.

The flag ship car for them for Indian market is going to be the Rapide.
Old 16th April 2011, 18:56   #78
BHPian

Aston Martin dumps Adnan Sami. Apparently the Singer was roped in to launch the Brand. A Cheque was issued for Rs.15 Lakhs which was stopped at the last minute. Adnan is now looking into Legal Route.

Full Story @ Bangalore Mirror Edition Dated 15th April 2011, Page 24
Here is the PDF of the same
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BGMIR_2011_4_15_25.pdf (720.9 KB, 878 views)
Old 17th April 2011, 17:18   #79
BHPian

Glad you made it Hoped dippy and karthik would have come too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
This is the real prices..The only thing being the One 77 is for 23 crores.

I was at the Launch last night and boy what a looker the One 77 is..The 7.3 ltr V12 wrapped under Carbon fibre and the sound was heart stopping.
Old 18th April 2011, 01:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
I was at the Launch last night and boy what a looker the One 77 is..The 7.3 ltr V12 wrapped under Carbon fibre and the sound was heart stopping.
Am sure it was, the Rapide's 6.0 ltr V12 itself sounds earth shattering. Wonder if the extra cubic capacity has altered the exhaust note to an insaner limit
Old 21st April 2011, 19:52   #81
BHPian

Re: ASTON MARTIN: Officially launched in India on 15th April, 2011

Whats the policy on test drives ? Anyone know how one can arrange one ?
Old 25th April 2011, 16:58   #82
Senior - BHPian

By the way, the One-77 is now on display at the showroom. I still don't get what the fuss is all about!
Old 25th April 2011, 21:39   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
By the way, the One-77 is now on display at the showroom. I still don't get what the fuss is all about!
I saw from across the street, and man does it look wide or what? But 20cr for that? NO WAY. The Veyron is more VFM than that. And personally I prefer the DBS.

But kudos to Aston for launching their entire lineup in India. I hope we get good roads now.
Old 25th April 2011, 22:17   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The Veyron is more VFM than that.
Now how often do you hear someone say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
And personally I prefer the DBS.
I agree. It's a great looking car, and at around 3 crores a pop, much better value than a One-77.

But seriously! How does the One-77 justify its price-tag? I mean, the Veyron's 1000 horsepower, quad-turbo engine ensures a top-speed beyond 400 km/h and the Koenigsegg Agera is not far behind, looks like a stealth-fighter and has the craziest doors on any car in production. So their price-tags are justified, somewhat.

So what is so special about the One-77? Yeah, they're making only 77 of them, so? There are many similar limited-edition cars that cost a lot less. It tops at 350 km/h, which honestly, is nothing great (relatively speaking, of course). It isn't as quick off the block as the Veyron or the Agera. It's made of exquisite material and it's hand-built. Yeah it does look great, but it just looks like a DBS with a massive wide-body-kit and some fancy lights The only trump card it can boast of is its incredible looks. it does look fabulous.

I just don't get it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th April 2011 at 22:22.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 23:41   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
So what is so special about the One-77? Yeah, they're making only 77 of them, so? There are many similar limited-edition cars that cost a lot less. It tops at 350 km/h, which honestly, is nothing great (relatively speaking, of course). It isn't as quick off the block as the Veyron or the Agera. It's made of exquisite material and it's hand-built. Yeah it does look great, but it just looks like a DBS with a massive wide-body-kit and some fancy lights The only trump card it can boast of is its incredible looks. it does look fabulous.

I just don't get it.
Surely the ONE-77 isn't worth the price tag. But look at it this way. The car's value will never depreciate and even a used ONE-77 should cost more since only 77 cars were ever made. This could very well be like the "$20 million 250 GTO" after a couple of decades.
And how many owners of the Veyron or Agera do you think will ever hit the top speed? Such multi-million dollar cars are just to show off the moolah and nothing else A pure enthusiast would rather buy a couple of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches rather than spending the same amount on a ONE-77 or the likes.
Anyways, just my 2 cents....
Old 26th April 2011, 10:11   #86
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Surely the ONE-77 isn't worth the price tag. But look at it this way. The car's value will never depreciate and even a used ONE-77 should cost more since only 77 cars were ever made. This could very well be like the "$20 million 250 GTO" after a couple of decades.
Precisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
And how many owners of the Veyron or Agera do you think will ever hit the top speed? Such multi-million dollar cars are just to show off the moolah and nothing else A pure enthusiast would rather buy a couple of Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches rather than spending the same amount on a ONE-77 or the likes.
Anyways, just my 2 cents....
Agreed.

The only thing Veyron owners will win is the argument at the pub.

Moe often than not, Owners of the Veyron will leave it parked in their specially designed garages/living-rooms. But the fact that it can do 400 km/h is the moot point here. And the Aston just can't.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the fact that it can do 400 km/h is the moot point here. And the Aston just can't.
Everything does not end up to what speed a car can do..Please do tell me where can a owner do a 250kmph run for 3 kms at a streach in our country, so 400 is way out of the question.

The one 77 with its ground clearance and 750 bhp is more user friendly, i agree the price is over the top but if i did have that kind of money i would buy her for sure over the other two 10 cr plus buddies of hers. The point is not to have the car just stand and do nothing in the garage but to be able to use her daily as well. In the one 77 i can do that in the city. The other way to look at it is, that there would be lakhs of Veyrons and Agera's on the street around the world but just 77 of the Astons. Veyron second hand would carry a depriciated value while the one 77 would only appriciate in value. My two sense says One 77 over the other two for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
ASTON MARTIN: Officially launched in India on 15th April, 2011-aston-martin-one-77.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 26th April 2011 at 11:14.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:26   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
The only thing Veyron owners will win is the argument at the pub.

More often than not, Owners of the Veyron will leave it parked in their specially designed garages/living-rooms. But the fact that it can do 400 km/h is the moot point here. And the Aston just can't.
Everything does not end up to what speed a car can do..Please do tell me where can a owner do a 250kmph run for 3 kms at a streach in our country, so 400 is way out of the question.

The one 77 with its ground clearance and 750 bhp is more user friendly, i agree the price is over the top but if i did have that kind of money i would buy her for sure over the other two 10 cr plus buddies of hers. The point is not to have the car just stand and do nothing in the garage but to be able to use her daily as well. In the one 77 i can do that in the city. The other way to look at it is, that there would be lakhs of Veyrons and Agera's on the street around the world but just 77 of the Astons. Veyron second hand would carry a depriciated value while the one 77 would only appriciate in value. My two sense says One 77 over the other two for sure.
Speedy,

You've quoted me out of context here. I echo your sentiments as well. No where can you actually do 400 km/h in India. But the fact that the Veyron can do 400 and the Aston can't, is the moot point. This is of course, when you're playing a game of 'Top-Trumps' with your fellow millionaire friends.

Not everyone is like you. Or even me for that matter.

People not only expect exclusivity, they also want a car that will out-do everything else in the arena. It's an ego battle more than anything else. Egos will be inflated when they know that their car is 'better' than others. And the Veyron, in many ways, is better than the One-77, and I'm speaking strictly in terms of sheer numbers.

I for one, would not buy any of these cars. If I had 20 crores lying around, I would not only pick up a few Porsches and Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but also buy a few classic cars and perhaps learn more about restoration and get into that business too.

The Veyron will win the arguments at the pub, but the One-77 is the sort of car that will make you feel special, especially when you drive it. Not only because it looks so much better than a Veyron, but also when you see that your friend is driving his M3 next to your car when his Veyron is parked in the garage, for obvious reasons!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th April 2011 at 11:29.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:45   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Speedy,

You've quoted me out of context here. I echo your sentiments as well. No where can you actually do 400 km/h in India. But the fact that the Veyron can do 400 and the Aston can't, is the moot point.
No sir, i have not. You have repeated yourself from the above post of yours. "The veyron can do and Aston can't." The point giving India as reference is we are not talking off London or America or any other Country. We live in India and the discussion is about here. So my point still stands. Where do you hit a 300 plus for long distances. At 250 you would break.

Quote:
People not only expect exclusivity, they also want a car that will out-do everything else in the arena. It's an ego battle more than anything else. Egos will be inflated when they know that their car is 'better' than others. And the Veyron, in many ways, is better than the One-77, and I'm speaking strictly in terms of sheer numbers.
Trust me there are many who want the limited edition cars and collector peices. The one 77 is not for the masses, its strictly for the classes. The owner of the one 77 would allready be owning the likes of the veyron and the agera's in his garage. The one 77 with it 7.3 ltr V12 does not dissapoint in being an allrounder. She can put alot of cars to shame. If you go to count numbers it is eveident even Cycles would be sold in larger Numbers. A standard production car against a limited number...come on Suhaas.

Quote:
I for one, would not buy any of these cars. If I had 20 crores lying around, I would not only pick up a few Porsches and Ferraris and Lamborghinis, but also buy a few classic cars and perhaps learn more about restoration and get into that business too.
See your point is right as a newbie in the world of supercars. I would have had a similar thought process too. The point here is the likes of the Veyron, Agera and the one 77 are for the people who allready have the Porsches, Ferrari, Lamborghini and the Zonda's in the garages along with a few classics too.

Quote:
The Veyron will win the arguments at the pub, but the One-77 is the sort of car that will make you feel special, especially when you drive it. Not only because it looks so much better than a Veyron, but also when you see that your friend is driving his M3 next to your car when his Veyron is parked in the garage, for obvious reasons!
The looks part is very personal. I like the Veyron in looks and the fit and finish, the one 77 only for it exclusive value. I prefer the looks of the vantage and dbs to the one 77.
Old 26th April 2011, 11:48   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Ok so the one 77 does have more ground clearance than the Veyron but again, good enough for daily use in the city ? i am not sure. Easier to use than a veyron in a city with roads like ours perhaps but easy in isolation ? I think not. A one-77 owner would be very worried and concerned maneuvering his 20-crore ride around the potholes. No peace of mind anyway.
Not many people would like to use either of these cars as their daily rides ,whether in India or abroad IMHO.
Yes, there would be more number of Veyrons in the world than the one 77s but just because of the sheer engineering marvel that the veyron is,it would grab as much if not more attention than the Aston Martin.
At the risk of sounding ignorant i might also add that hardly any owner wanting to buy any of these 2 monsters would give a dam about resale value or depreciation.
Finally , the AM would make a lot more sense if it was priced around the Veyron territory or marginally below it. ( The 700~ Lambo Aventador has been priced much below the Veyron IIRC and performance wise it would be good competition to the one 77 and i personally even prefer its looks to the one 77)
But with such a heavy premium over an engineering marvel & one of the fastest production cars to be made ,the one 77 just does not do it for me.
My 2 cents

Most Viewed