Senior - BHPian

@1Day,
suvm is referring to his Z4.
Old 30th September 2010, 13:49   #17
BHPian

OT yet again

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
see about the mall parking thing let me put it this way the person who owns a super car has facilities / perks for better ( read secluded and safe) parking spots at malls or other places well me and all my friends do get the "better" parking spots at places where i go and i know of so ya there's no point of taking these cars to the usual parking lot put 'em in a vip car park area .
plus most of the times i think people are just scared to take of the badges of these cars unless untill you are in some really bad area of the city . So what i say is use it in the good parts of the city like it is supposed to be used and do not make it a show piece sitting in the garage and when once in a blue moon you drive it not at 40kmph like an 80 yr old ( no offence to old people on the forum )
The roads are getting better now in delhi and plus south del and central del have decent roads now including the NH8 .
well what you say makes sense, but even in the VIP parking lots, people WILL come lean on the car/bike, with least concerns about while leaning, their belt/buckle/buttons might be scratching the car. then comes the posing for photographs. friends all around the car/bike and for all you know your car/bike's on facebook/orkut the next day. nothing wrong with that as long as they see to it that they are not careless and definitely blank out the number plates (other than tbhp i have never seen anyone do that). i might be totally wrong here but people used to drive me nuts because of my bike. you park it, and the next minute some "hero" would be climbing all over it just to get the feel of how a superbike is like. not to forget twisting of the throttle, pulling the clutch, pulling on any exposed pipe.

99.99% of the times used to take it out only at late nights OR sunday mornings, and if at all want to go some place on it, ask the driver to follow in the car, park the bike in a secluded area, ask the driver to cover it completely and sit somewhere around the bike.

maybe i was too careful OR maybe i was too possessive.
Old 30th September 2010, 14:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Where are the roads for such cars India?????

This will serve more as a show piece - sadly.
Such cars are meant for long drives with maintaining a constant speed of 200 - 250 Kmph. Is there a single road in India that could support this speed?
Old 30th September 2010, 14:09   #19
BANNED

@ samyakmodi -the concept of a VIP parking lot is that people are not allowed to lean on the cars or rub em off . As far as taking pictures is concerned i personally don't mind , doesn't affect me if some one is taking a picture of my car and believe me i always get clicked when i'm out at my friends house in GK and posted without the number plate being blacked out . Well isn't all this a part of owning a car which is not common i mean clicking picks happens all over the world not just in Inida. well anyways its a never ending discussion so ya lets just be careful on where we take our rides too and where we park .

@ joe - uhh what would you do by driving constantly at 200- 250 kmph ... and i dont thing you can drive at that speed constantly and legally in any country other than germany ( there also only patches of the autobahn) these cars are meant to explore the limits of grip i.e hilly roads and tracks and well theres no point crying over bad roads in India - they are improving now and i think if any one is sooo worried about it would be having his supercars in places like dubai , italy or so btw try out the udaipur roads .

Last edited by accord masters : 30th September 2010 at 14:13.
Old 30th September 2010, 14:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post

@ joe - uhh what would you do by driving constantly at 200- 250 kmph ... and i dont thing you can drive at that speed constantly and legally in any country other than germany ( there also only patches of the autobahn) these cars are meant to explore the limits of grip i.e hilly roads and tracks and well theres no point crying over bad roads in India - they are improving now and i think if any one is sooo worried about it would be having his supercars in places like dubai , italy or so btw try out the udaipur roads .
Absolutely, I see here (Germany) in the Auto Bahn's, R8's and Porsche's which is never a common sight inside the city roads. I mean, it practically makes sense IMHO to use such powerful engines with maintaining such high speeds. If that is not the case, then why does one need such power?
Old 30th September 2010, 15:30   #21
BANNED

all that power is for fun and that can translate into anything could be drags , drifts anything.
Old 1st October 2010, 02:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Absolutely, I see here (Germany) in the Auto Bahn's, R8's and Porsche's which is never a common sight inside the city roads. I mean, it practically makes sense IMHO to use such powerful engines with maintaining such high speeds. If that is not the case, then why does one need such power?
On the track. No where in the world are you allowed to drive that fast, except in very few autobahns in germany.

If you have driven a car that fast for long, you would know its super boring. I have and I can tell you its super boring..

The reason for all this power is to take it to the the track and have fun like a man and not drive @ 400 kmph on some autobahn no end...
Old 1st October 2010, 03:07   #23
BANNED

exactly my point driving constantly at 200kmph is as good as driving constantly at 60kmph its just keep you foot on the gas and sit there .
Old 1st October 2010, 13:02   #24
BHPian

OT::
+1 accord_master

the fun is reaching there, and how fast you reach there. after attaining the mark, it gets quiet boring.
wonder whether we should have a new thread for discussing all this.

on this one, let's just discuss the R8 V10. any idea how many have booked it, and are there any bhpians who booked it.
Old 1st October 2010, 14:53   #25
BHPian

Its all about 50 to 250, because that covers whatever speed unless your hitting above 250 which isn't very common. Well, 0 to 100 or above is also pretty good but not that useful, the roads? hmm i guess people who have these cars are driving enthusiasts so they will find some place to drive them.

Well for me its the driving pleasure, its about knowing your car, and knowing yourself. The R8 V10 is a good car, with just a chip tune she will touch 600 horses, but thats at the crank. At the wheels is whats important, all these cars tell you horse power at the crank, always check the wheels, its more important, depending on front wheel drive and rear.

Last edited by insideman : 1st October 2010 at 15:01.
Old 1st October 2010, 15:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

@insideman: Yes, people who own always find place to burn rubber. I recently saw a clip of a Ferrari peaking its revs. It was not the top speed but the way speed was attained that was impressive. One hard touch on the accelerator and blip the counter goes from 60 to 240 man that is addictive blur.

@joe: You ask "why does one need such power?" brother there is no such thing as enough power and Jezza answers this question in his article. Jeremy Clarkson Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder review | Driving - Times Online

Ferrari F430 Scuderia Novitec Rosso {the title of the video is wrong}

Getting back to the post, What is the lead time for importing this beauty? I think Audi takes 6 months to ship 3.2TFSI or 3.0 Diesel so this must be a longer wait period any idea?
Old 1st October 2010, 22:17   #27
BHPian

Lead time is 6 months for any import from the model range.
Old 2nd October 2010, 14:59   #28
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Team-BHP Support Note

This topic is not going way off-topic and hence being closed. Thread will be opened when the car is finally launched and when someone has pics to share.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed