Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2010, 16:46   #1
Senior - BHPian

Audi R8 V10 5.2 now available in India

ACI has published that Audi has silently launched the R8 V10 5.2 FSI quattro coupe in both manual and R-tronic versions. A word with the gurgaon dealer has confirmed the same and orders have been started to be taken by the dealers.

Price varies between 1.35 to 1.4 crores and can be checked out with the dealer for additional configurations and options.
Old 28th September 2010, 16:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice scoop Sid.

I always liked the car. However, at that price point will it sell, I think there will be few takers. What say?
Old 28th September 2010, 17:19   #3
BHPian

Where are the roads for such cars India?????

This will serve more as a show piece - sadly.
Old 28th September 2010, 18:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

@akj53: There are already quite a few number of super sports cars in India. People with moolah will buy, irrespective of how much they can use it. Besides, these aren't daily use cars anyway.
Old 28th September 2010, 21:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
@akj53: There are already quite a few number of super sports cars in India. People with moolah will buy, irrespective of how much they can use it. Besides, these aren't daily use cars anyway.
Who said these are not daily used cars? If you want you can use a pagani for daily driving. There was this guy who used an Enzo for a DD and put 35k miles on it. So anything can be done. It depends on who is buying it, a true enthusiast or a poser and unfortunately in india there are way too many posers..

As for this car, its alright. I would much rather own many other cars before this. To me the R8 is such a chick car..
Old 28th September 2010, 22:46   #6
BANNED

well any one who is not a wuss will drive it everyday and as 1Day said "It depends on who is buying it, a true enthusiast or a poser" there are a LOT of posers in India who'll just buy the car to get bragging rights about it.
Old 29th September 2010, 00:37   #7
BHPian

+1 1day & AM - Such cars are just bought to say "been there drove that". 90% of the owners rarely do more that 10% of what their cars are capable of simply because they are not true petrol heads. Rumble down to the club/restaurant/office/theatre. Pull 0.000009 g's and corner at 40 km/h.

Road availability in India being 0% is another issue

Appreciate the Cannonball Club though. Efforts are made to run these stallions the way they are meant to.

1day, m sure the Enzo owner is in a country other than India. The grass may not be greener on the other side but the tarmac sure is smoother.
Old 29th September 2010, 03:15   #8
BHPian

If all the 'posers' stop buying these cars because they won't drive them the 'way they are supposed to be driven' then all the exotic car companies would go bankrupt in no time.

And along with it, TBHP would also shut down its Exotic and Imports section as all the users would be tired of seeing and talking about the same one or two enthusiast driven cars.
Old 29th September 2010, 03:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
+1 1day & AM - Such cars are just bought to say "been there drove that". 90% of the owners rarely do more that 10% of what their cars are capable of simply because they are not true petrol heads. Rumble down to the club/restaurant/office/theatre. Pull 0.000009 g's and corner at 40 km/h.

Road availability in India being 0% is another issue

Appreciate the Cannonball Club though. Efforts are made to run these stallions the way they are meant to.

1day, m sure the Enzo owner is in a country other than India. The grass may not be greener on the other side but the tarmac sure is smoother.
True , but now delhi has some nice roads, I am sure so does bombay and other parts of big city india.

The enzo owner was in california, no Q its got some great roads, but my car suspension must be decently hard and chicago roads are bad, esp downtown and I daily drive it. so it all depends on the owner, but if they are terrible, then I dont blame the guys cuz then its painful for the car and yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
If all the 'posers' stop buying these cars because they won't drive them the 'way they are supposed to be driven' then all the exotic car companies would go bankrupt in no time.

And along with it, TBHP would also shut down its Exotic and Imports section as all the users would be tired of seeing and talking about the same one or two enthusiast driven cars.
True and makes for such poor state of affairs world around..
Old 29th September 2010, 14:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

1Day: Roads have been washed away in rains this time around. No roads, and where there are roads its 40kmph speed limit with crawling traffic at 5kmph

How I wish NH8 or NH2 or now the expressway turns to Autobahn once a while.
Old 29th September 2010, 14:55   #11
BHPian

@1day: I'll take your word about Delhi since I've not been there in 3 years, but Bombay & Bangalore are down the tubes. Moreover, its not just the road surface in question. Lack of parking for a super car, lack of required fuel, and even on the rare occasion you do find a half decent stretch, it will have a dog/cow/pig/cyclist/kid crossing/crapping/eating/sleeping. India is just not the place man. And i forgot to mention, when you do find the road & parking & place to enjoy your car, you stop at a coffee shop for a cuppa and come back to find your car either scratched/dented or the logos missing.

However, i loved the R8 in Rajasthan article in Autocar this month so i guess the circumstances are few and far between. But even then it's too rarified to justify the price we spend. I'd rather fly abroad with an International permit and lease these babies in Europe and enjoy them the way they were meant to be.

Coming back to the topic, Sex on wheels but i'd take a LP560 anyday. Moreover the new Blancpain edition !!
Old 29th September 2010, 15:01   #12
BHPian

TOTALLY OT::

1Day, AM & Ash_Vtec :
I am sorry but you guys forgot one major reason why these cars can't be a daily drive for most of the people. VANDALISM!
Imagine I park my new white Audi R8 in a parking lot of a mall while I am sipping a coffee or watching a movie. When I come back to the car, I see "I Love you KKKKiran" on the hood of the car. Won't be a nice feeling!!

Most of the owners are scared to use these cars daily, I think because of this reason only. now AM himself has an M3, which would probably not be noted so easily by a non-petrolhead. so his car is still safe compared to a lamborghini or a ferrari. (AM::with all due respect, I love your set of wheels) And just in case I start taking security people with me each time I take out my orange Gallardo, then the entire world would tag me as a poser again. Can't go fast as the security cars can't catch up. go slow, then a poser because I am not using the car the way it's meant to be. Park the car with guards around, a bigger poser as I am just begging for attention.

all in all, all the hyper/super cars can never be practical enough in India to be daily drives. they are just weekend/latenight toys for the uber rich in India.

+1 with you ash_vtec on the cow/dog/cyclewala point.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 29th September 2010 at 15:04. Reason: ash_vtec replied just before i did.
Old 29th September 2010, 20:01   #13
BANNED

see about the mall parking thing let me put it this way the person who owns a super car has facilities / perks for better ( read secluded and safe) parking spots at malls or other places well me and all my friends do get the "better" parking spots at places where i go and i know of so ya there's no point of taking these cars to the usual parking lot put 'em in a vip car park area .
plus most of the times i think people are just scared to take of the badges of these cars unless untill you are in some really bad area of the city . So what i say is use it in the good parts of the city like it is supposed to be used and do not make it a show piece sitting in the garage and when once in a blue moon you drive it not at 40kmph like an 80 yr old ( no offence to old people on the forum )
The roads are getting better now in delhi and plus south del and central del have decent roads now including the NH8 .
Old 29th September 2010, 20:16   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Where are the roads for such cars India?????

This will serve more as a show piece - sadly.
Ive seen this comment every now and then, maybe roads are not the best but india is the best place to own a sports car. No speed limits, nothing to worry about.

i have done 13,000 kms in my sports car already in the last 6 months. and all of that has been in india. mumbai, goa, gujarat, rajasthan, punjab, chandigarh, himachal...
Old 29th September 2010, 20:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
@1day: I'll take your word about Delhi since I've not been there in 3 years, but Bombay & Bangalore are down the tubes. Moreover, its not just the road surface in question. Lack of parking for a super car, lack of required fuel, and even on the rare occasion you do find a half decent stretch, it will have a dog/cow/pig/cyclist/kid crossing/crapping/eating/sleeping. India is just not the place man. And i forgot to mention, when you do find the road & parking & place to enjoy your car, you stop at a coffee shop for a cuppa and come back to find your car either scratched/dented or the logos missing.

However, i loved the R8 in Rajasthan article in Autocar this month so i guess the circumstances are few and far between. But even then it's too rarified to justify the price we spend. I'd rather fly abroad with an International permit and lease these babies in Europe and enjoy them the way they were meant to be.

Coming back to the topic, Sex on wheels but i'd take a LP560 anyday. Moreover the new Blancpain edition !!
I agree, its a chore to deal with it, but people with that kind of money to drop are not really hanging out in terribly bad locations. Also I thought vandalism doesnt really happen in broad daylight any more or rather is less frequent than before. If I would own a car like this on indian roads, I would have my driver be on a bike and follow me to where ever i am going. I dont see that to be too much of a problem.

As for the 560, I totally agree, my friend who drives the white one, use to have his security follow him in his Q7 all the time, it wasnt too bad. They use to be there almost in the same time.

But what I think india needs is real facilities outside of the roads to enjoy such exotic sports cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
TOTALLY OT::

1Day, AM & Ash_Vtec :
I am sorry but you guys forgot one major reason why these cars can't be a daily drive for most of the people. VANDALISM!
Imagine I park my new white Audi R8 in a parking lot of a mall while I am sipping a coffee or watching a movie. When I come back to the car, I see "I Love you KKKKiran" on the hood of the car. Won't be a nice feeling!!

Most of the owners are scared to use these cars daily, I think because of this reason only. now AM himself has an M3, which would probably not be noted so easily by a non-petrolhead. so his car is still safe compared to a lamborghini or a ferrari. (AM::with all due respect, I love your set of wheels) And just in case I start taking security people with me each time I take out my orange Gallardo, then the entire world would tag me as a poser again. Can't go fast as the security cars can't catch up. go slow, then a poser because I am not using the car the way it's meant to be. Park the car with guards around, a bigger poser as I am just begging for attention.

all in all, all the hyper/super cars can never be practical enough in India to be daily drives. they are just weekend/latenight toys for the uber rich in India.

+1 with you ash_vtec on the cow/dog/cyclewala point.
True, but I think it can be worked out, someone I know lives with the whole deal every single day and drives it almost every day and his security is there behind him almost always as quickly as he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
see about the mall parking thing let me put it this way the person who owns a super car has facilities / perks for better ( read secluded and safe) parking spots at malls or other places well me and all my friends do get the "better" parking spots at places where i go and i know of so ya there's no point of taking these cars to the usual parking lot put 'em in a vip car park area .
plus most of the times i think people are just scared to take of the badges of these cars unless untill you are in some really bad area of the city . So what i say is use it in the good parts of the city like it is supposed to be used and do not make it a show piece sitting in the garage and when once in a blue moon you drive it not at 40kmph like an 80 yr old ( no offence to old people on the forum )
The roads are getting better now in delhi and plus south del and central del have decent roads now including the NH8 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvm View Post
Ive seen this comment every now and then, maybe roads are not the best but india is the best place to own a sports car. No speed limits, nothing to worry about.

i have done 13,000 kms in my sports car already in the last 6 months. and all of that has been in india. mumbai, goa, gujarat, rajasthan, punjab, chandigarh, himachal...
Which car do you have?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks