Team-BHP - Spotted..! Lancia Ypsilon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Spotted..! Lancia Ypsilon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/92738-spotted-lancia-ypsilon.html)

Hi Bhpians,

I recently spotted a black Lancia Ypsilon in Mumbai on my way to work.
Time - 7.30am, location - East Express Highway, Mumbai.
I spotted it from far away and finally caught up with it at the signal, i was just behind it.
It is with Italian number plates, directly from Europe.

I think it has the same 1.3 MJD from the Punto and Linea, but with more power..!
My guess is they were testing the engine (maybe hot weather or Indian conditions)
Can we expect the same engine in future models/ facelifts?
Picture attached.. Let me know your comments.

Cheers..!

Lancia coming to India?

Can you drive with those numberplates in India? Nice catch nevertheless.

Yeah you can. If it is an official test car. See the pics of the Audi A3 etc here on the forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9thsphinx (Post 2153636)
Lancia coming to India?

I don't think so.
But, again, I have a hunch that they are testing new engines.
Or maybe, some international auto journalist taking it on a grand tour or something.
But, I saw the driver, and her was an Indian, did not seem like a journo.

Could be an embassy vehicle from Italy or San Marino or Vatican City?

Ypsilon is an antiquated punto (the one before the grande punto) based three door hatchback. Not coming to india as a new model is under test for which chrysler will also get a derivative.

I hope they dont get it,Lancia's of late have real quirky designs.I can see a wagon-r poking out of the side of the picture.

that location is near sion isnt it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 2155122)
that location is near sion isnt it?

yes.. this is near sion. the road which goes to sion railway station.

This aint no test car. It is found in the Vama building at peddar rd. the car belongs to the embassy. Have seen it really often but never knew what it actually is. Now I know its name:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by S2!!! (Post 2157841)
This aint no test car. It is found in the Vama building at peddar rd. the car belongs to the embassy. Have seen it really often but never knew what it actually is. Now I know its name:)

Embassy uses a Lancia Ypsilon hatch? Quite strange, i was expecting Fiat Linea's for everyday commute and maybe a Maserati Quattroporte for senior people of the embassy.!

I spotted a similar car at worli, but it wasnt black. It was having yellow "Applied for" plates.

I think it was on Italian plates before being registered as a Consulate Car. Found this pic on a Facebook page, n I think its the same car

I see this car almost everyday near sealink. I usually find her at Bandra side of sealink & then it goes its way on worli-seaface road. The front plate is yellow & has CC number.
A lanky driver on wheel & a tall gora on passenger seat.

Raab Rakha.