Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 02:37   #4201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
@ quickdraw,
here is a pic.
cheers !
Damn look at the size of the front rotors HUGE is a understatement. Must be over 350mm thanks a lot Manish we should have a thread dedicated to you and your huge repository of pictures. Do give me a holla if you are ever in town would love to catch up!
Old 9th February 2009, 08:38   #4202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Here are the pics i had mentioned. Sorry about the not-so-great quality of pics.

Attachment 98520

Attachment 98521

Attachment 98522

Attachment 98523

Attachment 98524
Thank you for the photos friend. It looks really hot.
Old 9th February 2009, 13:00   #4203
Senior - BHPian

[quote=benbsb29;1162942]Here are the pics i had mentioned. Sorry about the not-so-great quality of pics.

how is it allowed to put an AMG logo on the rear number plate and no reg num at all any where? which city is thsi?
Old 9th February 2009, 19:25   #4204
BHPian

P.S read the title of the thread. BANGALORE.
And it has a temporary KA registation sticker in the front windshield.
plus i doubt that any cop would have guts to stop a two tonne upward monster with 612bhp and a whopping 1000nm torque.
Old 10th February 2009, 00:22   #4205
Senior - BHPian

What does a drunk dude do when he sees a Maserati in front of him ??
Well, he tries to have a good (very close) look at it !!
check out the distance between them !
Attached Images

Old 10th February 2009, 00:44   #4206
Senior - BHPian

Thats the Spyder if I am not mistaken, the santro guy would have been up for a long nite if he would have rear ended the mas. I would kill him if I owned that car and someone did that to me.
Old 10th February 2009, 00:51   #4207
BHPian

Hi All,

Spotted this Land Cruiser near froum mall and the nissan teana near HAL

-Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-dsc00015.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-dsc00016.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-dsc00017.jpg  

Old 10th February 2009, 03:13   #4208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
What does a drunk dude do when he sees a Maserati in front of him ??
Well, he tries to have a good (very close) look at it !!
check out the distance between them !
Damn the drunk dude! He'd lose all the 'kick' from the booze, when he gets kicked by someone in an import! Isn't that the GrandTurismo?
Old 10th February 2009, 16:50   #4209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
how is it allowed to put an AMG logo on the rear number plate and no reg num at all any where? which city is thsi?
Thats quite common, you get to see so many 'common' cars without no. plates at all, this ones still a 'top end' one. If stopped by cops, the fines just 100/-(im sure he can afford to pay that everyday!!) :P
Old 10th February 2009, 16:59   #4210
Senior - BHPian

Quickdraw I doubt you can do anything at this rate you will have to kill 70 to 80% of the folks on our roads. I owned an expensive car and was rearended and all the guy said is you braked hard and sorry after some intimidation thats it, he said you can claim insurance so personally I feel it will kill some part of the Maserati guy's resolve to take a car worth so much on crowded street like the one pictured and thats the most that can happen but I am sure he must be having so much expendable cash he may not feel anything and discard the car in months welcome to the 3rd world India my friend .

Mind you i understand your sentiments I felt I can manage driving my car without any accident but there are so many fools with licences on our roads that after 2 hits by idiots for no fault of mine my car was damaged not to mention I was always sweating and under stress every time I took the car out finaly I sold it of and decided to buy a taller MUV and do in Rome what the romans do!

Last edited by canonball : 10th February 2009 at 17:00.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:23   #4211
BHPian

My 2 cents:

not all people with nice cars have excellent road manners themselves. Seen a few supercar/costly car owners making fools of themselves at times.

Oh, and i have something to add to Manish's pic too. But the car aint so fancy.And the plate says TR, so i didnt blank it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-dsc04442.jpg_10022009171949.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-x5-vs-auto.jpg_10022009172243.jpg  

Old 10th February 2009, 17:24   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Thats the Spyder if I am not mistaken, the santro guy would have been up for a long nite if he would have rear ended the mas. I would kill him if I owned that car and someone did that to me.
My BMW just got scratched last night because some idiot as soon as the light turned green was in such a hurry that he pressed the pedals before me..
Old 10th February 2009, 17:49   #4213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
My 2 cents:

not all people with nice cars have excellent road manners themselves. Seen a few supercar/costly car owners making fools of themselves at times.

Oh, and i have something to add to Manish's pic too. But the car aint so fancy.And the plate says TR, so i didnt blank it out.
Beemer vs auto oooouuucccchhhhhh. what was he thinking, drag with an auto. Was the merc driver drunk or was too busy playing with the gizmos in the car.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:57   #4214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Quickdraw I doubt you can do anything at this rate you will have to kill 70 to 80% of the folks on our roads. I owned an expensive car and was rearended and all the guy said is you braked hard and sorry after some intimidation thats it, he said you can claim insurance so personally I feel it will kill some part of the Maserati guy's resolve to take a car worth so much on crowded street like the one pictured and thats the most that can happen but I am sure he must be having so much expendable cash he may not feel anything and discard the car in months welcome to the 3rd world India my friend .

Mind you i understand your sentiments I felt I can manage driving my car without any accident but there are so many fools with licences on our roads that after 2 hits by idiots for no fault of mine my car was damaged not to mention I was always sweating and under stress every time I took the car out finaly I sold it of and decided to buy a taller MUV and do in Rome what the romans do!
To a certain extent I agree, you know my Mondeo is peanuts compared to the cars mentioned here. But I avoid taking her out during the day am **** scared if anything happens to it what will I do. Its a really sad state the way roadrage exists in city traffic here. Sometimes when I stop to give people right of way they get caught off guard and start staring like "who is this fool?" I am saddened that you had to sell the car (are you talking about the Merc?) just because of the people on the road.

I also say its wrong to think that chaeos exists just in India, I've driven in other parts of the world and can say that we arnt the only ones. Try riding a bike in the busy streets of Bangkok they are no different from us and sometimes even worse. But they dont jump signals as such.

LOL at the Merc and the Beemer. Too bad.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:46   #4215
Senior - BHPian

Yes quickdraw she was a merc and was sad to let go of her, did take her out on several road trips to. Twice to GOA, once to Karwar/ankola (sublim control + empty roads = high speeds , Pune, Khandala, Nagar once each, put 10k in one year just on road trips then she was only used on weekends in the city got hassled with to much planning everytime you want to take her out, parking etc as I would not let anyone drive her. After much practical thinking/reasoning I figured I got my kick out of the whole thing might as well flog it and comeback another time One fool was a Domino guy in south Mumbai speeding/zizagging through heavy traffic in the rains skidded and rammed by bumper another was a kid touched his car on my rear wheel arch although I was letting him go stopped in time before the metal went in or paint got damaged. After getting down he asks me what happened its like they gave licences to monkey's I think even a well trained monkey would do a better job of driving as animals can be trained I don't know which category we fall into?

I take your point about bangkok but there they respect other peoples property unlike here nobody respect anybodies property in our country somehow democracy is = dont look beyond your nose. You will not see people comig and crashing into your car or hitting your mirror at every signal for that matter you will see fewer scratched cars an indicator I believe of the trafic scene there.

Last edited by canonball : 10th February 2009 at 18:59.

Most Viewed