Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2014, 15:03   #13336
Team-BHP Support

Re: Supercars & Imports : Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
As a follow up to the matter, looks like the concerned policemen received an earful for their troubles.

Link to News Article

I am unable to understand the sequence from the The Times of India article.

It says:
Quote:
"We were verbally abused, threatened and offered a bribe as though it was charity. One of the boys kept asking us how many lakhs of rupees we wanted, and screaming 'Just take it and buzz off'," one of the policemen who was part of the drama said.

And then it says:
Quote:
But the policemen stood their ground, and invoked six charges against each of the three youths. The angry young men paid Rs 900 each to buy their freedom, before driving away.

Why were these boys trying to give a bribe of lakhs when the total fine amount itself is Rs 900 per person or Rs 2700.

Looks like the article is just trying to sensationalize this issue.
bblost is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 18:42   #13337
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
As a follow up to the matter, looks like the concerned policemen received an earful for their troubles.

Link to News Article

Attachment 1256606

And the picture given in ToI looked to have the Vorsteiner kitted Porsche as an offending car.
That indeed is the Vorsteiner kitted Carrera S. The other car was the French Racing Blue Jaguar XKR-S. These two were often out together with a C63 AMG. Wonder which the othrt Jag is though.
Old 1st July 2014, 18:59   #13338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Why were these boys trying to give a bribe of lakhs when the total fine amount itself is Rs 900 per person or Rs 2700.

Looks like the article is just trying to sensationalize this issue.
The Media sensationalizes most things I agree but here I think, the question is not why were they ready to pay lakhs of rupees.

It was the boy's arrogance speaking. It was not that they were sorry for their act and were pleading and ready to pay any amount of fine.

I think, they paid the fine after all the filmy dialouges ("you don't know who my dad is", blah blah blah).

I mean, he would have mentioned the so-n-so lakhs of rupees part before they were handed the fines.

And, the mention of "How many 'lakhs' of rupees" you want was to show how affording they were, and signal the cops how powerful they are and the cops should just ask whatever amount they want and buzz off.

-Bhargav
Old 1st July 2014, 20:13   #13339

Totally agree. These boys should have their licences suspended, for taunting a police officer.
Old 1st July 2014, 21:07   #13340
Team-BHP Support

Here's the real story (from the horse's mouth):

"We planned to go for a short blast in our cars and decided that we would take Race Course Road. We drove our cars into Taj West End for a coffee and the next thing you know, a guy on a Bullet wearing Khaki comes to us and demands that he pay a 'fine' for 'faulty exhausts'. Both the Jaguars' exhausts are stock. When they did not comply, he took their licences and demanded that they visit the police station. When they went there, they were hoarded by the media who were tipped off by this cop.

There was no chase by a traffic constable. No bribes were offered."

I'm going to take the liberty to weigh in here.

All this is pure sensation and completely concocted. TOI had a space on their front page and they needed to fill it up with something.

Apart from going fast on an empty stretch of road, they didn't do anything wrong. The police first tried to extort money from them for tints and loud exhausts. And when they realized that these were expensive imported cars, they assumed that they come from well-connected backgrounds. And they assumed right.

The looped video clips on TV9 also suggest that they were having a healthy discussion with the police and at no point did it get sour. It's a shame that the news channel cut-off the audio and instead circled their faces like criminals.

I request everyone to refrain from making assumptions and false accusations without knowing what had actually transpired. Please don't rely on sensational media articles. Thanks
suhaas307 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 22:07   #13341
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
The Media sensationalizes most things I agree but here I think, the question is not why were they ready to pay lakhs of rupees.

It was the boy's arrogance speaking. It was not that they were sorry for their act and were pleading and ready to pay any amount of fine.

I think, they paid the fine after all the filmy dialouges ("you don't know who my dad is", blah blah blah).

I mean, he would have mentioned the so-n-so lakhs of rupees part before they were handed the fines.

And, the mention of "How many 'lakhs' of rupees" you want was to show how affording they were, and signal the cops how powerful they are and the cops should just ask whatever amount they want and buzz off.

-Bhargav
If you have the video with audio please share. Else its merely speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche rules View Post
Totally agree. These boys should have their licences suspended, for taunting a police officer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche rules View Post
Seriously!

I am not saying these young men are guilty or not. I have no idea. But I don't think we should automatically blame them and consider the policemen as saints.

There are always two sides to a story.

But the way forward is already happening in Kerala: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...eographed.html

I wish they did this everywhere.
bblost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 17:26   #13342
BHPian

A series II Phantom is coming to Bangalore on carnet from Dubai

Source : owner's Instagram.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-1404561373292.jpg  

AbelAFC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 21:16   #13343
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
A series II Phantom is coming to Bangalore on carnet from Dubai

Source : owner's Instagram.
Damn. Looks like the Veyron plans are scrapped. Great color on the RR though!
Old 6th July 2014, 12:56   #13344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Here's the real story (from the horse's mouth):

"We planned to go for a short blast in our cars and decided that we would take Race Course Road. We drove our cars into Taj West End for a coffee and the next thing you know, a guy on a Bullet wearing Khaki comes to us and demands that he pay a 'fine' for 'faulty exhausts'. Both the Jaguars' exhausts are stock. When they did not comply, he took their licences and demanded that they visit the police station. When they went there, they were hoarded by the media who were tipped off by this cop.
Thanks
I am sure this is the truth. The cops here are no saints. They are corrupt as hell..They wanted to make a quick buck but it backfired. It backfired only because the kids come from connected backgrounds or they would have had their way. Never believe what is in the papers blindly.You can pretty much have what you want printed if you know the right people (heard of paid news??). It reminds me of an accident that happened several years ago. A guy who we knew offered his female classmate a lift to the bus stand after evening classes as it got very late. Very tragically they were both run over by a bus. The Indian express reported the next day with the headline "Lovers go to paradise". It cant get more crass than that...
car love is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2014, 16:43   #13345
Team-BHP Support

This makes a clear case for dash cameras
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 13:26   #13346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

I'm going to take the liberty to weigh in here.
I am curious about what was the final Rs 900 fine for - speeding or exhaust/window tint related ?
Old 7th July 2014, 15:40   #13347
BHPian

As discussed earlier, the Veyron is still stuck with the builder's concern over the bumpy roads here, but his Phantom SII is all set to Bangalore. Should be staying here for six months .
Attached Images

Old 8th July 2014, 10:59   #13348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuroy View Post
I am curious about what was the final Rs 900 fine for - speeding or exhaust/window tint related ?
All of them got booked for 'Dark Tints - Sun-film'. Funnily enough, both the Jaguars don't even have sunfilm.

Then cops even forced them to rev their cars and when they were not satisfied, they asked them to sound the horns!

Later, they did get booked under a few provisions in the IPC and Motor Vehicles Act.
Old 8th July 2014, 11:22   #13349
Senior - BHPian

Here is a Cayman S shot over the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-_mg_0701.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-_mg_0726.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-_mg_0702.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-_mg_0734.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-_mg_0695.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-_mg_0690.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-_mg_0739.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 10:55   #13350
Team-BHP Support

Really liked this picture, and couldn't seem to find it in this thread.

Shot by Anil Kapse.
Supercars & Imports : Bangalore-10498248_10152655469442189_1617951086915850816_o.jpg

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks