Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2010, 21:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Maybach 62 S F/L to launch in Jan 2011 - Edit: Now to be discontinued.

Looks very boring!!
would pick up the phantom or the Ghost in a Heartbeat over this .
Old 20th December 2010, 11:11   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Shocking that the most expensive luxury car in India will also be the OLDEST! The Maybach will be 9 years old in 2011...and to be honest, shows it. The gawdy exterior design has aged very poorly and looks gawdy today. Neither does it have the badge & aura of a Rolls.

Sorry, but I do think an S-Class is more technology savvy, and gives 90% of the luxury at 15% the price.
Old 20th December 2010, 11:36   #18
BHPian

>>>

To follow up on the negative vibes that the Maybach is getting here, how is the Rolls any different? It is as ostentatious and possibly as vulgar as the Maybach.

I think and I might be wrong, that buyers with taste prefer the Bentley and possibly the Maserati over the Rolls. I read a Clarkson column in which he said that he'd left the Rolls a little distance away from his home and walked away from it very quickly, to put a distance from it, so as to not to be associated with it.

My feelings exactly. This is of course highly subjective. But then neither do I have the cash nor the taste to buy one.

Regards, drive safe
Old 20th December 2010, 20:46   #19
Team-BHP Support

The Rolls makes a statement, the Maybach excels as a road jet for doing work in at high speeds. Considering why people by such cars, it is only to make a statement - we do not have roads for cruising and working in over here. Hence the Rolls dominates
Old 31st January 2011, 12:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

New Maybach on the way !

On the 1st of February, Mercedes Benz India will launch the new Maybach in India.
The launch of the luxury car coincides with the 125th year of Mercedes Benz in car making business. Mercedes Benz describes the new Maybach as “latest interpretation of a masterpiece: unique, individually handcrafted cars, the magnificent piece of innovative genius for the Indian market.”
Mr. Peter Honegg, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India Pvt. Ltd will unveil the new model along with other member of the company’s management.

Source : indianautosblog.com
Attached Thumbnails
Maybach 62 S F/L to launch in Jan 2011 - Edit: Now to be discontinued.-maybach.jpg  

Old 31st January 2011, 12:51   #21
BHPian

Re: New Maybach on the way !

The front looks horrible to say the least. Wonder how many suckers it will find in India
Old 31st January 2011, 13:57   #22
BHPian

Any specification for this car? Not like I am anywhere close to buying it but atleast would be nice to know.
Old 31st January 2011, 14:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

An absolutely pointless launch, Never found many takers earlier and I wonder what makes them think people will buy it now after so many years when there are cars like the Mulsanne & Phantom and ofcourse even Ghost to a certain extent?

Mercedes-Benz India should stop wasting money on just re-launching cars to be in the media and rather make their existing portfolio better equipped and market it better. The E could sure do with a panorama roof.

Coming back to this car, why exacly are they launching it now? I wonder if this will even get 10% of the total sales that Bentley & Rolls Royce generate in India.

My answer? No!
Old 31st January 2011, 15:12   #24
BHPian

I think MBIL sold only 2 cars of the previous model, one to Manick Chand and another to Mukesh Ambani. The latter may find it matching his billion dollar home as both are equally gaudy and useless.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:42   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
I think MBIL sold only 2 cars of the previous model, one to Manick Chand and another to Mukesh Ambani. The latter may find it matching his billion dollar home as both are equally gaudy and useless.
IIRC MA's Maybach wasn't sold by MBIL. He airlifted the car from London and used it here and took it back a while ago, even I'm not sure about the Gutkha Group's car. The only cars I know of sold by MBIL is the Silver/Beige one gifted to the God-man from Ludhiana and Mallya's car (which was MBIL's Demo car and was acquired by Mallya at a very low price, cheaper than a RR Ghost).
Old 31st January 2011, 19:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

I checked out one in New York recently. The car is not photogenic unfortunately and looks a lot better in person. Interior of the Zepplin edition is awesome.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:08   #27
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Mercedes Benz launches new Maybach at Rs 4.8 - 5.1 crore. Source-NDTV.
Maybe people who dont like the way the doors open in the Rolls Royce may opt for this one!
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:10   #28
BHPian

OT:

How do you pronounce MAYBACH?

Is it: a) May - bak
b) My - bok
Old 2nd February 2011, 16:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Its pronounced as mai-baak.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:33   #30
BHPian

@scorcher

Manick Chand bought the car from MBIL as a birthday gift to his daughter. Some Director or CEO of MB presented him the keys. I remember having seen that clip on TV.

@issigonis

Maybach has flopped worldwide while RR and Bentley enjoy a waiting list. Today only i read that Mulsanne Is sold out for 2011 also, so there must be some reason. RR and Bentleys are considered the ultimate in luxury and taste (Middle East orders not included).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks