Team-BHP - Maybach 62 S F/L to launch in Jan 2011 - Edit: Now to be discontinued.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Maybach 62 S F/L to launch in Jan 2011 - Edit: Now to be discontinued. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/93816-maybach-62-s-f-l-launch-jan-2011-edit-now-discontinued.html)

Mercedes Benz India will launch the face lifted version of its Maybach 62 S flagship in Mid Jan, 2011 in New Delhi for a cool Rs. 7 crore with all loadings, ex showroom Delhi.
This is the same model which was launched in Shanghai some time back. More details will be updated soon.

With the Phantom being available for 4.5 crores (3 crore cheaper than the Maybach), I doubt the Maybach will find much buyers. For many, its just an elongated S Class loaded to the brim with comfort and technology. The reclining rear seats are its USP but at 7 crores, those USP's will not matter much to the Indian buyer. Also compared to the Phantom or the Mulsanne, the Maybach looks very outdated. The Maybach is based out of a W220 S Class which is an old model and has already been replaced by the W221.

The new Maybach will also meet the same fate as the one launched earlier - failure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v12 (Post 2177458)
Also compared to the Phantom or the Mulsanne, the Maybach looks very outdated.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw this car. It is looking like a Lincoln Town and Country, but larger in dimensions.
But, but, but, the same cannot be said about the interiors. I guess that'll be the decision maker more then often.
Quote:

The new Maybach will also meet the same fate as the one launched earlier - failure.
Gutkha and Tobacco Baron's children turning 18, would beg to differ.:D

Damn this car is ugly. I know the interiors make up for it and a lot more.
But for 7 crores, I could probably put more miles on a chartered jet than someone will ever on this car.

@prince_pervez : lol:

Can't see much of a effort gone into this facelift, just added the DRLs and more chrome onto the grille. Hmm, this is a really good time to introduce the Maybach into the Indian market as Indians seems to devour anything money can buy post recession!

Interiors are no longer its USP.Everything looks pretty old.Compare interiors to the new audi a8 and jaguar xf and we can see design and gadget-wise the maybach is behind the times.

@prince_pervez :lol:
Have spotted a Maybach here in Mumbai a few times, it sure is long but it doesn't have the same aura or character of a Rolls Royce.

The brochure with a DVD.

The Maybach looks very antiquated now! You're essentially buying a longer wheelbase W220 S-class. Even the new S has more gadgetry than the Maybach! 7 crores!?! I feel it's a waste even if MB would have priced it at 2 crores. Speaking of interiors, I guess Maybach should take some lesson from Audi (A8L) :)

I dont think Mercedes would be able to sell even one car in India. The 58 failed due to its price and sheer size. The 62 is not practical with the traffic and parking issues. I remember a certain Maybach had to take rounds cause it could not fit in any slot, while waiting for the owner who had gone for a function.
In the range from 2cr right upto 6cr i get more user friendly luxurious cars like the Bentley, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Bmw and the Mercedes S class including the S600 Gaurd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 2177790)
I dont think Mercedes would be able to sell even one car in India. The 58 failed due to its price and sheer size. The 62 is not practical with the traffic and parking issues. I remember a certain Maybach had to take rounds cause it could not fit in any slot, while waiting for the owner who had gone for a function.
In the range from 2cr right upto 6cr i get more user friendly luxurious cars like the Bentley, Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Bmw and the Mercedes S class including the S600 Gaurd.

You mean 57, right?
Btw, if I had 6 crores to blow on a super-luxury car, I'd buy a Rolls Royce and keep the change. This car is too big, too vulgar and frankly quite exorbitantly priced for an (very) elongated S-class with lots of gadgets. I'd be very surprised if they sell even one, except in China. And to Premiership footballers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 2177874)
You mean 57, right?
Btw, if I had 6 crores to blow on a super-luxury car, I'd buy a Rolls Royce and keep the change. This car is too big, too vulgar and frankly quite exorbitantly priced for an (very) elongated S-class with lots of gadgets. I'd be very surprised if they sell even one, except in China. And to Premiership footballers.

Sorry my mistake 57 and not 58.

7 cr fully loaded and i mean if i have not choice to save the change. The Rolls Royce Ghost for 3 and Bentley CFS speed for 3 and i still have change to spare. these according to me are usable super luxury cars. I still consider the Phantom and the Mulsanne big.

Seems that Mercedes Benz India is launching products which fill niches within niches (the E Class Coupe/ Cabrio, the R Class and the upcoming G, and now this Maybach) or products that the market never really wants, like answering a question that nobody asked, while BMW bangs it everywhere in the heartland segments- the 3 series/C class and the 5series/ E Class, and Audi seems to have walked over the GL with its Q7. Now with the A8 and the Diesel XJ, the S also seems to be headed for real trouble. Is MBIL losing the plot?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2177443)
This is the same model which was launched in Shanghai some time back. More details will be updated soon.

From the looks of it, it looks by, for and of Shanghai.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2177517)
The Maybach looks very antiquated now!

Yeah. They might as well market it as retro!:uncontrol

The interiors look cozy for sure, but the A8 has 'em better.

What is the idea behind the Maybach revival. Is it just that they are actually trying to target a few uber-luxe hotels overseas?

One of the dirtiest car i have seen in years . MB could have respected people who are willing to shell out 7 cr for a car. Dual tone color scheme is doing more worse than good for the car.