Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2011, 21:22   #1
BHPian

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Good evening

As mentioned in the other Hummer H1 thread, I did pay my friend a visit today. Me and Dippy left for his place at around 10 AM. Took us a good 2 hours to get there with a good amount of traffic on the highway. Reached his place at noon and we set our eyes on the monster . It was the first time me and Dippy have seen an H1 in the flesh. THIS is what a Hummer is all about. The size, the dimensions, the tyres etc. everything about this car is HUGE. My friend's car is an RHD and has a 6.5 litre turbo diesel powerplant. Interior space is insane. Its true when Clarkson said that the passenger sitting next to you in the H1 is in a different zone altogether.

After a bit of chit chat, we decided to head out for drive and what better place than a beach. Drove off to a beach close by. Drove across the entire beach in the sand from end to the other, the H1 leaving tyre tracks behind. People at the beach were just stunned at the sheer size of this machine.

We encountered a bunch of guys who's Ford Fusion had got stuck in the sand. We offered our help and pulled out the Fusion with a rope tied to the rear of the H1. Once the car was pulled out, the Fusion owner said "We were praying for a Mahindra to come and help us but this????" Infact they were so in awe when we reached them that they forgot their car was stuck and got busy clicking pictures.

Couldnt let go of the oppurtunity so we did a small photoshoot at the beach. Hung around on the beach for about and hour before heading back.

As promised here are the pictures I promised in the other thread a couple of days. We have shot a video too: The H1 pulling out the Fusion from the sand. Added to the end of the post.

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0525.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0527.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0528.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0532.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0535.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0539.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0536-copy.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0540.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0544.jpg

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0546.jpg

Size anyone?? The H1 with our OHC

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-img_0519.jpg

EDIT: Here is the video of the Ford Fusion we pulled out with the H1: The laugh you hear at the end is me while Dippy is inside the H1

Five minutes after this, he got stuck again and came running for help. Well we went back and pulled him out a second time from the rear this time

Last edited by Dippy : 11th January 2011 at 12:11.
Fireblader85 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2011, 21:30   #2
BANNED

Re: Pics: An Afternoon at Arnala Beach Maharashhtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

Why (and how) is it running on temporary plates?
Old 9th January 2011, 21:32   #3
BHPian

Good pics mate .. The H1 looks like a true monster..
Would love to see how it looks on Indian roads.
Old 9th January 2011, 21:36   #4
Senior - BHPian

Is this the surprise car in Supercar run??
Old 9th January 2011, 21:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Isn't HUGE a small word in comparison to this MONSTER. It will be a sheer pleasure to see her pulling the puny Fusion out. W-O-W just W-O-W.
I'm more in envy of the Fusion owners than you. I hope he can sleep peacefully tonite

Raab Rakha.
Old 9th January 2011, 21:40   #6
BHPian

What a car man! Jaw dropping! Look at the sheer size of it. And with 6.5L, it sure must be a beast!
Old 9th January 2011, 21:43   #7
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazing pics and am happy that someone finally got the H1 to India. Time to do a quick comparo between the H1 and the H2 and also an OTR using the H1.

Amazing pics Kartick. We need some on the road pics showing the H1 and the exxpression of the people around it. Pics on a crowded road along with BEST buses and autorickshaws.

BTW, I know this is not anywhere close to a Supercar - but definitely will be the most clicked vehicle at the Supercar Rally. Please get it for the rally!
Old 9th January 2011, 21:49   #8
BHPian

Awesome pics buddy.. Hearty congratulations to your friend on his superb buy.That car is a real monster.
Old 9th January 2011, 21:51   #9
BHPian

I've seen a couple in Dubai but it still amazes me in terms of size. Wow.

Here's one I spotted there, with a Civic, for comparison.

Pics & Video: An Afternoon at a Beach in Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!-101220091020.jpg
Old 9th January 2011, 21:57   #10
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolutely incredible machine, the H1 is. The black paint makes it look so gangsta. Totally mafiaso.

As for the size, the less said the better. It dwarfs anything and everything on four wheels. The only thing that comes close to its sheer size is perhaps a Arjun Main Battle Tank.

Hearty congratulations to the owner.
Old 9th January 2011, 22:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: An Afternoon at Arnala Beach Maharashtra with a Hummer H1 !!!

My god! Really puts the poser Hummers in their place :O

Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing!
Old 9th January 2011, 22:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant pics!! What a gigantic car this is! I wanna see this thing in real with an auto-rickshaw parked next to it BTW I am little curious to know how many rows of seating does this have? Can we have some interior pictures please.
Old 9th January 2011, 22:46   #13
BHPian

^ I think it has seating for 4/5? So maybe just 2 rows?

The one I saw was open at the back, like the SUT.

I have a video of the interiors of the H1 I posted, if you're interested. Not very good quality though.
Old 9th January 2011, 22:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Brilliant pics!! What a gigantic car this is! I wanna see this thing in real with an auto-rickshaw parked next to it BTW I am little curious to know how many rows of seating does this have? Can we have some interior pictures please.

Gigantic is a small word. Sorry we couldnt snap pictures among the rickshaws but take my word for it that they appear like cockroaches. I tell you it was exciting to see them just stop in their path to let us through. To give you an idea of the size we included a pic of it next to my OHC.

To answer your other question the H1 has only 4 seats thats 2+2 . To talk to your passenger sitting next to you, you go "Hows the weather on your side there?"
Old 9th January 2011, 23:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

HAHA dippy good one. This is huge and the first time i am seeing pics on the forum. Man humongous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks