Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2011, 09:49   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS & Report : Mumbai Supercar Show, January 2011

I just saw the video, too. Interesting perspective there, it was nice to relive all those mad moments again (I was sitting just under the camera mounted on the M3) like the Quattroporte flooring it, the sealink dash, the ABS-braking every few seconds, etc Some of the Atom's acceleration footage is really good.
Old 27th January 2011, 11:09   #137
Senior - BHPian

Awesome video Rehaan. Felt like i am playing need for speed on Mumbai streets. Thats a very brave dog at 2:28" .
Old 27th January 2011, 11:18   #138
Senior - BHPian

Lol! Yeah he didn't like all the noise in his neck of the woods early on a Sunday morning!
Old 27th January 2011, 11:57   #139
Team-BHP Support

I wish there was a lot less traffic... could have got a lot more fun footage then. Perhaps next time.

I'm glad that the GTR and Maserati provided a great soundtrack though.
And yes the way the Ariel accelerates is phenomenal, too bad it didn't get to really stretch its legs.

cya
R

@Mitsun Soni - loved your pics and angles. (In the 599 wheel you can see a tiny reflection of the Maser's wheel too!)

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th January 2011 at 12:03.
Old 27th January 2011, 12:51   #140

Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS & Report : Mumbai Supercar Show, January 2011-untitled1.jpg  

Old 27th January 2011, 13:08   #141

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Glad to know that you all liked the pictures. It already feels so good to be a part of Team-BHP

I was on one of the open jeeps provided to the media but unfortunately our jeep couldn't race up with cars and also got stuck in the traffic so we were behind all the cars for most part of the rally and hence I couldn't get some great shots. And to add to our dismay there was an end moment change in the route of the rally which our driver was not aware of.
Anyways I enjoyed the event and it was fun.
Old 27th January 2011, 23:13   #142
Senior - BHPian

One of the F430s had an aftermarket exhaust right? What was it? It sounded really nice!!
Old 27th January 2011, 23:29   #143
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I think even the 599gtb had a camera mounted at the back! Just saw some footage taken from it on the Autocar Show. Can someone post the whole video?
Old 29th January 2011, 01:28   #144
BHPian

Karthik what amazing display of talent in terms of photography you have shown. Simply outstanding bro. keep up the good work & soon you will be a renowned International automobile photographer. I personaly enjoyed the Maserati exhaust the best. Afterall who was it done by? lol ahmm ahmm. Remember the drive? great composition of pics by Santosh too.
I loved the 348. The focus was refreshing. The GTR was a genuine threat to the European thoroughbreds.Both the phantoms lookd a class apart. Loved the jewelled spirit of ecstasy on the white one with the sparkling diamond at its bottom. what detailing! wow! the most outstanding piece was the T-Rex Aero 3s. saw it for the first time. absolutely a different world. Looks a light years ahead of any other car at the parade. very smart. The jaguars looked elegant. the corvette was neat. was it converted to a RHD or have the began to make one in RHD? the interiors of the blue M3 was something notable. the 430s represented a cult group and so did the Gallardos. The Arial Atom is a technological marvel and so looked the Lotus. The s2000 had the most striking paintwork. India's only gold sl55amg was a nice addition and sounded great too. The 458, 599, and LP640 may be brilliant machines and newer than the others but did not really look as gorgeous as the rest in my opinion to deserve the kind of hype they received. The rest of the BMWs Phantoms really cant compare when you see them all together in skin. Believe the grey M3 was supercharged? Must be one hell of a ride!

Last edited by agent4ferrari : 29th January 2011 at 01:36. Reason: forgot to add about santosh's pics
Old 29th January 2011, 01:57   #145
Senior - BHPian

Kartik, mithun, manish and MODS ,a big for those brilliant pictures ! For most of the petrolheads , ITALIA was the star. It truly was something different . But for me , The STAR will be either the white Lambo , and the Corvette !
Old 29th January 2011, 02:23   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent4ferrari View Post
I personaly enjoyed the Maserati exhaust the best.Afterall who was it done by? lol ahmm ahmm. Remember the drive?
So what part do you play in Racetec? The car carried their branding and i believe they had done the mods on it.

Quote:
the corvette was neat. was it converted to a RHD or have the began to make one in RHD?
I am sure you know your cars well enough to know that the Corvette is not made in RHD by the factory.

Quote:
Believe the grey M3 was supercharged? Must be one hell of a ride!
Yes it is supercharged and is more than just one hell of a ride under the more than capable hands of Insideman.
Old 29th January 2011, 10:22   #147
BHPian

great pics guys, thanks for those who liked the M3, but a greater thank you for those who took some super classy pictures! insane stuff!

thanks speedy for the compliment of the M3, its gonna be sleeping for the next 2 months until everything returns from norway(from ESS) and then we will have 700+ HP ... then we can take it for a spin bro...
Old 29th January 2011, 10:30   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
its gonna be sleeping for the next 2 months until everything returns from norway(from ESS) and then we will have 700+ HP ... then we can take it for a spin bro...
Woot! Woot! I'm standing in line.

THe pictures are outstanding.

@Rehaan, nice vid buddy! The Atom's acceleration is insane!!!

Cheers!
Cartman.
Old 29th January 2011, 11:37   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
great pics guys, thanks for those who liked the M3, but a greater thank you for those who took some super classy pictures! insane stuff!

thanks speedy for the compliment of the M3, its gonna be sleeping for the next 2 months until everything returns from norway(from ESS) and then we will have 700+ HP ... then we can take it for a spin bro...
Thats a superb M3 you have there insideman. It looks the part and has the power to go as well. Also it was nice to have finally met you. Hope to catch up with some time at leisure
Old 29th January 2011, 12:14   #150
BHPian

thanks, most definately refering to catching up with some time on hand... sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks