Team-BHP - G 55 AMG Launched at Rs. 1.1 Crore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   G 55 AMG Launched at Rs. 1.1 Crore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/96582-g-55-amg-launched-rs-1-1-crore.html)

Source: Breaking - Mercedes G55 AMG priced at 1.1 crore! | Indian Autos blog

Mercedes Benz has just launched the G Class with a supercharged AMG motor priced at 1.1 crore rupees, ex showroom. 12 bookings confirmed, 4 in Delhi alone.

That's awesome news Sid! The G55 used to be the only Merc I wished (read craved!) to own until they came up with the SLS. However, still the SLS takes only a second position, the G still takes the cake for me. Time to start saving-up! ;)

G-Wagen lovers rejoice!

The King of all G-Wagens is here! MBI has launched the legendary G55 AMG with a price tag of Rs. 1.1 Crore (Ex showroom Mumbai)..

Check out the Autocar India link below for more details :D

Mercedes-Benz launches G-Wagen | Autocar India

Wow! Atlast, my favourite off roader is here. But oops the price tag. I think I should work for probably another 2 births atleast to earn so much money :D :Frustrati

TATA please please, give us the Defender.

And Mercedes, thanks for giving TATA ideas about costing the Defender right:Frustrati

Tempo Trax by Merc? It looks very similar to the old tempo trax in India. I guess it had Merc engine only, dont remember though. It must be a good car but price seems too much. What say?

I think Force Motor Trax got styling from MB through partnership "Force Motors" to "Tempo" (Vidal & Sohn Tempo-Werke GmbH) to Hanomag.

They originally used "OM616" 2.4 litre four-cylinder diesel, but these have been replaced by a larger 2.6 L (2,596 cc) TD 2650 F, still Mercedes derived.

With the above design clues, people will buy Trax and change the styling similar to "G-Wagen"

@aniketi: Tempo trax is a derivative of the G-wagen with the OM616 Engine. For the price, G55 is not a "normal" G-wagen.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - for more info on G-wagen

Wow...!!! And I mean the price!!
A crore plus??
I do understand that it has a certain aura around it. But still. A crore plus??

And it does not even look good to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 2243898)
Source: Breaking - Mercedes G55 AMG priced at 1.1 crore! | Indian Autos blog

Mercedes Benz has just launched the G Class with a supercharged AMG motor priced at 1.1 crore rupees, ex showroom. 12 bookings confirmed, 4 in Delhi alone.

I am glad Mercedes has finally seen the light and reduced prices of the AMG lineup. The G was announced at 1.40 and now is launched at 1.1 cr. The C63 has also seen a price reduction but yet higher than the M range of BMW.The G is a very capable and has the raw appeal with the boring lines but yet has the heritage of a legend.

I think 1.1 Crore is quite justified for this vehicle! I mean come on people, its an AMG tuned vehicle. Think about it: The locally assembled S 500 sedan costs 95 lakhs on road, while this is 1.1 crore, which I think is way cooler than the S (Of course the S is in a legue of its own!)

It's an awesome machine, no doubt its the best SUV cum off-roader in the world. Some snaps from the event, more photos will host by Dippy soon!

Priced just right for the target audience who may be looking for LR discovery / RR / RR sport.
How I wish we had a official comparison thread for the G 55 AMG and Range Rover :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 2244264)
It's an awesome machine, no doubt its the best SUV cum off-roader in the world. Some snaps from the event, more photos will host by Dippy soon!

Attachment failed earlier

people in india might think its a trax or a mahindra bolero with a benz logos hahahahhaa