Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2008, 03:01   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

I think he is riding on OZ's now
Old 20th February 2008, 04:21   #122
BHPian

Seems like the tyre profile has increased. I have heard Maserati Quattroporte's suspension is not good and must be terrible on bombay roads.
Old 20th February 2008, 12:06   #123
Senior - BHPian

Even though I love OZ's but these are not suiting the car at all.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:54   #124
BHPian

suspension of the maserati has two sides. In ice mode being the softest like a boat. Normal mode being more like a e-class and in sports mode like a ferrari 430. gear changes also vary accordingly, in sports being very jerky and changes happening all past 6.5k rpm and in ice mode limiting to 1.5k rpm and changing very smoothly.
Old 21st February 2008, 11:18   #125
Senior - BHPian

Guys,I had a couple of important questions to ask.

1 - I just realized that there are so many F430's in India! Are there any F430 Scuderia's ?

2 - We have Lamborghini's and Porsche's in India with their respective service centers in or around Delhi. Ferrari , I guess ( correct me if I am wrong) still has no service centers. So how or more specifically, from where do the F430 owners,say in New Delhi, get their cars serviced from? I ask this because Lambo Sales Manager informed me that Ferrari wasn't coming to India any time before 2010 and even Mr. Jetan Patel who is the dealer/agent for Ferrari in India informed me , ever so subtly, that servicing was a little issue as it involved getting some people from Singapore (provided they have Indian Visa) and then sending the car to Bombay.. All in all a hassle filled exp.. So is all that true?
I ask this as I am prospective buyer for the F430 Scuder/standard 430 and I wanted some help from the best out there and BHP - ians are IMO,the best people to help.
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:21   #126

Agent4Ferrari,

There is no way your dealership is an authorized Ferrari distributor. All you are doing is buying product from Ferrari of Singapore, which is either has excess inventory or they are increasing orders to fulfill your allocation. To Ferrari you are invisible. If you were authorized you would dealing directly with the factory, which they will give you allocation for your region, along with training and apparel. Also you would first have to pay Ferrari a hefty licensing fee. You may think partnering up with Ferrari Singapore may help Ferrari notice your efforts and eventually support you, but thats not how it works with Ferrari. It would make more sense for Ferrari to tie up with TATA of even Vijay Mallaya who have personal relationship with Ferrari. Ferrari is a small and private company and once they have made their decision on setting a distributorship, they will completely support it. I can go today to any authorized Ferrari dealership who has the correct spec for the India market and start selling cars. Its a matter of setting up a showroom and training your people. By the way how many cars have you actually delivered to your customers? You say you have orders for 2 dozen cars. I would really like to see how many of those you fulfill. Guarantee you wont deliver half that and that would be over a 2 year period.
Old 22nd February 2008, 10:07   #127
Senior - BHPian

Hmm .. bhai you do make sense in saying that they can't be real distributors or authorized ones.. Ferrari by no means is a "small and private company" which is why they would ONLY tie up with big or trusted groups before entering a new region lest they wish to repeat the same mistake as they did by entering Russia solo... I guess the issue isn't who gets the car from where,cuz thats easy.. It's the after sales service that I am concerned about..
I ask a question to any F430 owner here, that have they had any issues with servicing at all ever since their car's arrived in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtandon View Post
Agent4Ferrari,

There is no way your dealership is an authorized Ferrari distributor. All you are doing is buying product from Ferrari of Singapore, which is either has excess inventory or they are increasing orders to fulfill your allocation. To Ferrari you are invisible. If you were authorized you would dealing directly with the factory, which they will give you allocation for your region, along with training and apparel. Also you would first have to pay Ferrari a hefty licensing fee. You may think partnering up with Ferrari Singapore may help Ferrari notice your efforts and eventually support you, but thats not how it works with Ferrari. It would make more sense for Ferrari to tie up with TATA of even Vijay Mallaya who have personal relationship with Ferrari. Ferrari is a small and private company and once they have made their decision on setting a distributorship, they will completely support it. I can go today to any authorized Ferrari dealership who has the correct spec for the India market and start selling cars. Its a matter of setting up a showroom and training your people. By the way how many cars have you actually delivered to your customers? You say you have orders for 2 dozen cars. I would really like to see how many of those you fulfill. Guarantee you wont deliver half that and that would be over a 2 year period.
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:54   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Hmm .. bhai you do make sense in saying that they can't be real distributors or authorized ones.. Ferrari by no means is a "small and private company" which is why they would ONLY tie up with big or trusted groups before entering a new region lest they wish to repeat the same mistake as they did by entering Russia solo... I guess the issue isn't who gets the car from where,cuz thats easy.. It's the after sales service that I am concerned about..
I ask a question to any F430 owner here, that have they had any issues with servicing at all ever since their car's arrived in India?

They are a private company, owned by Fiat and Piero Ferrari. What I meant by small is their turnover compared to Porsche, BMW and Mercedes has no comparison. They do only sell 4500-5000 cars a year. Anyways, you are correct they would tie up with somebody who has the resources and are trust worthy. I think we both agree on that. What also I questioned about Agent4Ferrari is he claims they have orders of 2 dozen cars. I am wondering how many of those they will actually deliver. Also when did they start taking orders? Servicing is another issue, if they were authorized, than servicing shouldn't be a problem. Ferrari would completely support them. There is quite a bit of investment in the tools that are required to service Ferrari's. One of them is a Diagnostics systems that reads the ECU which cost about $30,000 USD. Ferrari would provide that system only to aurthorized service and dealers.
Old 23rd February 2008, 09:35   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtandon View Post
They are a private company, owned by Fiat and Piero Ferrari. What I meant by small is their turnover compared to Porsche, BMW and Mercedes has no comparison. They do only sell 4500-5000 cars a year. Anyways, you are correct they would tie up with somebody who has the resources and are trust worthy. I think we both agree on that. What also I questioned about Agent4Ferrari is he claims they have orders of 2 dozen cars. I am wondering how many of those they will actually deliver. Also when did they start taking orders? Servicing is another issue, if they were authorized, than servicing shouldn't be a problem. Ferrari would completely support them. There is quite a bit of investment in the tools that are required to service Ferrari's. One of them is a Diagnostics systems that reads the ECU which cost about $30,000 USD. Ferrari would provide that system only to aurthorized service and dealers.
Yep, agree with you there brother. So are National Garage people the real authorised Ferrari Dealers?
Old 23rd February 2008, 09:54   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yep, agree with you there brother. So are National Garage people the real authorised Ferrari Dealers?
THAT is the million dollar question here!
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:54   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
THAT is the million dollar question here!

I do have some answers on that, which would be at best, contradictory.

1 - when I called up National Garage in Mumbai,they put me through to their person who deals in Ferrari/Maser for India. I called him up, he gave me a full quote in US dollars. Provides full factory warranty etc.

2 - I was confirming the same with Satya Bagla when I was placed the order for the LP. He says that all these cars are imported for Singapore (as I am sure we all know) and that Ferrari has _NOT_ come into India as of yet. They will come to India _officially_ in collaboration with Tata Motors in 2010. I dunno how authentic that is. Probably accurate

What say guys?
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:57   #132
BHPian

Also what about the official launch party they had, which this thread is originally about?? The plot thickens....
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:40   #133
Senior - BHPian

Yep.. Definitely strange.. I my self want to believe that all this is real as it allays my fear of service issue.. If any one here can confirm all this , then I'd be really thankful to them.
Old 24th February 2008, 03:35   #134

Quote:
Yep.. Definitely strange.. I my self want to believe that all this is real as it allays my fear of service issue.. If any one here can confirm all this , then I'd be really thankful to them.
Just call Ferrari yourself. Say you want to import a car. One of two things will happen, they will help import a car or if National garage is an authorized dealer, than they would tell you buy from them. Interesting how National Garage is not on Ferrari's world website as authorize dealers in Asia.
Old 24th February 2008, 21:06   #135
BHPian

Today I Just Saw A Red Maserati Two Door Sports Car Coming Out Of The Grand Hyatt Hotel.it Looked Beautiful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks