Team-BHP - Dhoni to receive Ferrari 599 GTO as a gift!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Dhoni to receive Ferrari 599 GTO as a gift! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/99056-dhoni-receive-ferrari-599-gto-gift-2.html)

I like it! The fact that it has the tri-colour on it makes it look great and gives it a little Desi twist. Good PR and marketing by Ferrari too, especially since they are on the verge of entering the Indian Market.

However, the irony of it is that it has the National Flag on it, and yet, it's LHD! Something not right there? If they wanted to make it truly 'Indian' and exclusive then perhaps, they could have made a RHD version of it.

Congrats to MSD. He truely deserves it. If I could, I would have given him the GTO for the last 6 he hit.

Ferrari and LHD, can't really enjoy it unless your co passenger gives the go ahead to overtake or you got an empty strecth of road..and that is not the kind of car to go behind other vehicles.

A LHD version badged at GTO India?

The RHD 599 would have done the job and would have been easier to get in India too.

Also, though the National Flag stripe looks great, I feel it shouldn't be there, the reason being if I look the car from the RHS I see the flag inverted (not a good thing).
Instead the Tri-color could have been used in thin strips on the sides only to depict its an India version.

I guess the story is yet to be officially confirmed.... but i just have one question :

What if India had lost ??? :confused:

cya
R

PS - As far as LHD goes, apparently, even the Ferrari demo car is LHD too : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...deo-pg7-8.html

PS2 - As far as the flag code goes... there were probably the most violations of it over this weekend! No one was complaining when Yuvraj wiped his sweat with the flag just before lifting the cup :D

Whats the car doing in Dubai? I think they are working on getting an official 'customs duty waiver' like they did to Sachin's 360 Modena.

Flag looks fine. Rule only says that you can't show it in poor taste. (like the union jack thongs) Narian Kartikeyan's Formula cars over the years all sported the tricolour in various paint schemes.

@R, if they lost, then remove sticker and sell/keep the car.

the white lambo in the cannonball club has an India flag aswell.. dont think it will be a problem!!

@anilvincent: where did you get this news from? and who is gifting it to him?

Looks like there is no official announcement from Ferrari on this.

But Yuvraj is getting an Audi as per media reports. Long ago Ravi Shastri got a Man o Match award in Australia and won an Audi 100. He mentioned this and Audi picked up the sound bite and decided there and then to present Yuvraj an Audi too!

I dont know who started this but as far as i have heard no one is gifting Dhoni anything. This car doing the rounds is not Dhoni's or going to be gifted to him. Ferrari has sanction cars in RHD for the Indian market so why a LHD. Do go back a few years when S.T. had bought the 360 and everyone said it was gifted to him. At that point Ferrari had made it very clear, they dont gift cars even to M.S., he buys them too but at a cheaper cost.
This 599 GTO is a UAE Indians car and that is why he wanted India to be on the badge and the Tri colors. This same owner also owns two other fancy cars. There is one 599 GTO with the American flag as well for an American owner. Now one more thing to note is GS's 458 Badge has his name and has car No 1 for India written as well. So if people say Ferrari is Gifting the car, it wont cost them to inscribe Dhoni's name on it.

She looks hot. however i feel deep red would be better suited. The INDIAN flag stunt seems to be influenced by Lamborghini Gallardo Tricolor. Check this link: Gallardo Tricolore - the STORY on LamboCARS.com

Just my two pence. If am not wrong, the 'INDIA' under the GTO emblem seems to be photoshopped :D

Dhoni deserves this huge compliment and Ferrari would not have asked for a better entry than this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGK (Post 2309497)
Dhoni deserves this huge compliment and Ferrari would not have asked for a better entry than this.

Ferrari is not giving anyone anything and Besides Ferrari does not need recognition in Any Market...Its a well known brand and definitly does not need a Dhoni to sell its cars in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 2302438)
Too bad they dint "custom build" it for India (A Proper RHD).

Nevertheless great marketing campaign by Ferrari.

Does Ferrari even need a marketing campaign? Come on, they are one of the most recognised brands in the world :thumbs up

I seriously wish this is not happening. After all, Ferrari doesn't need any brand ambassador as their cars speak for themselves. To me, a lot of this looks like a good Photoshop job. As far as I know, Ferrari doesn't make any car without a prior order. So, to me this is a fast one someone trying to pull.