Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 00:34   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
That’s VJ, he is a member of the CannonBall Club and owns an Aventador, Gallardo etc. So, a prospective customer, I guess.
He is also the director of the NV group.
Old 18th March 2013, 02:45   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Last month between MG Road and Airport road followed the Rapide and looks like it's one and only piece in Bangalore, it was grey color beauty, so who's that lucky fellow to own this, two youngsters were there hardly 23-25 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I have seen the car quite a few times, but Ive seen a middle aged man (definitely the owner) driving it every time. He has a younger brother?? He didnt look old enough to have a 23yr old son for sure.

He isnt shy to drive it in this mad traffic, was happy to go close to cars besides him, find a gap and push it through.

If my assumptions are right, it is the only one in BLR. Our neighbours HYD now have two. We did it get it before them though!!
I know the owners of this car personally.Though im not allowed to divulge any details,I can confirm them youngsters in their early twenties.

Attaching a pic of the same car's centre console
Attached Thumbnails
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_2805.jpg  

gubbi555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2013, 20:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I have seen the car quite a few times, but Ive seen a middle aged man (definitely the owner) driving it every time. He has a younger brother?? He didnt look old enough to have a 23yr old son for sure.

He isnt shy to drive it in this mad traffic, was happy to go close to cars besides him, find a gap and push it through.

If my assumptions are right, it is the only one in BLR. Our neighbours HYD now have two. We did it get it before them though!!
Replying to an old post. Bangalore has 2 Rapides. Similar colored ones.
Old 22nd February 2014, 22:45   #34
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The only Aston Martin Vanquish in Mumbai. What a looker!

Source: Supercars & Imports In Mumbai

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-am1.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-am2.jpg
PPS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2014, 03:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Aston Martin Virage Volante at the Mumbai Aston Martin Dealership.
Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7338.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7341.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7342.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7337.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7345.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7343.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7344.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7340.jpg

Aston Martin Showroom - Mumbai-img_7339.jpg
cityvic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 12:11   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Aston Martin Virage Volante at the Mumbai Aston Martin Dealership.
I think this is the ex Goa car.
Old 29th September 2014, 14:49   #37
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is that a Rapide S behind?
Old 29th September 2014, 15:00   #38
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Virage going to :

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Lucky kiddo' !!

When i was born, many eons back, i came home in a Bajaj Convertible(a.k.a Auto), with an open ended exhaust ! At least the soft - top part is common!

v12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 20:43   #39
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Is the Virage going to :
If you're saying that going by the WB plates, then, no. It was WB registered by its previous owner.
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 21:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thats a stunning looking car. Has it managed to find a buyer?
And sorry for the noob question but in the last image, on the right hand side of drivers seat, actually almost beneath it; the lever that is protruding out; Is that the hand brake? If yes, how do you apply it unless the door is opened?

Sunny
Old 1st October 2014, 02:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Is the Virage going to :
V12, nope.
But my friend who is featured in the above article only sent me these pictures as he was looking at getting this particular car at one point of time. Now he is looking at a brand new Flying Spur or Ghost for himself instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
If you're saying that going by the WB plates, then, no. It was WB registered by its previous owner.
Akshat, yup. You are right. Probably registered in the outskirts of West Bengal for tax benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autodoc View Post
Thats a stunning looking car. Has it managed to find a buyer?
And sorry for the noob question but in the last image, on the right hand side of drivers seat, actually almost beneath it; the lever that is protruding out; Is that the hand brake? If yes, how do you apply it unless the door is opened?
No clue on the buyer part.
Yes, that is the hand brake. Once the door is shut, there is stuff enough space for your hands to move and use it.

Last edited by cityvic : 1st October 2014 at 02:04.
cityvic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 12:19   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If anyone was curious about Aston Martin's sales in India:

Quote:
Aston Martin entered India in 2011 and 30 units were sold in its first two years. Thereafter, the going has been tough thanks largely to the steep hike in import duty on luxury cars from 110 to 184 per cent. Currency fluctuations vis-a-vis the UK pound fuelled the price spiral while demand in India plummeted in a sluggish economic scenario. Consequently, only 70 Aston Martins have been sold over the last five years.
Source - Hindu Business Line
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 18:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone was curious about Aston Martin's sales in India:
I feel their low sales have more to do with their ridiculous pricing here in India.

Starting with the DB11 at 4.27 Cr. I don't understand how they priced it higher than both the California T and 488 GTB (3.5 Cr and 4 Cr), since in the UK the DB11 is a rival to the California T, and both cost 155,000 GBP. The 488 costs 185,000 GBP, in comparison, which means the DB11 should be around 3.5 Cr in India.

Last I checked they also sell the V8 Vantage (Not S) at 2.7 Cr, while its main rival the Porsche 911 (991.2 Carrera S) costs 1.6 Cr, and both cars cost 85,000 GBP in the UK, which once again means the V8V should be priced at around 1.6 Cr.

I was told that while most other companies (e.g. Porsche and Ferrari) have come to India themselves and set up dealers that look after sales and service, Aston Martin Mumbai/Delhi work as importers, without the actual brand Aston Martin coming to India, and as such are able to price their products however they feel with no standardisation done by the company Aston Martin.

I believe there is also a clause or something that prohibits individuals from importing cars that are already being sold in India by the respective company, but this does not affect Aston Martin, as the actual company doesn't sell their cars in India. This means one can privately import an Aston Martin, but not a Porsche or Ferrari.
sanojrawap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 22:39   #44
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post
I feel their low sales have more to do with their ridiculous pricing here in India.

Starting with the DB11 at 4.27 Cr. I don't understand how they priced it higher than both the California T and 488 GTB (3.5 Cr and 4 Cr), since in the UK the DB11 is a rival to the California T, and both cost 155,000 GBP. The 488 costs 185,000 GBP, in comparison, which means the DB11 should be around 3.5 Cr in India.

Last I checked they also sell the V8 Vantage (Not S) at 2.7 Cr, while its main rival the Porsche 911 (991.2 Carrera S) costs 1.6 Cr, and both cars cost 85,000 GBP in the UK, which once again means the V8V should be priced at around 1.6 Cr.

I was told that while most other companies (e.g. Porsche and Ferrari) have come to India themselves and set up dealers that look after sales and service, Aston Martin Mumbai/Delhi work as importers, without the actual brand Aston Martin coming to India, and as such are able to price their products however they feel with no standardisation done by the company Aston Martin.

I believe there is also a clause or something that prohibits individuals from importing cars that are already being sold in India by the respective company, but this does not affect Aston Martin, as the actual company doesn't sell their cars in India. This means one can privately import an Aston Martin, but not a Porsche or Ferrari.

Our man here has summed it all up for us. The pricing in India is beyond ridiculous. The Vanquish is a little above ₹7cr on road in India.
Also, if I am not mistaken, between 2014 and 2015, Aston's sales figures were 0.5 units a year
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 11:45   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Our man here has summed it all up for us. The pricing in India is beyond ridiculous. The Vanquish is a little above ₹7cr on road in India.
Also, if I am not mistaken, between 2014 and 2015, Aston's sales figures were 0.5 units a year
Not trying to start a debate here but the California T being compared to the DB-11 is probably based on horsepower figures? One has a V8 Turbo charged engine and the other a V12 twin turbo. 552bhp to 600bhp(approx)

Then there's also the brand value. Trust me when I say it, If i have the spare money I wouldn't buy an Aston Martin either but I think this horrendous pricing has to do with it just being an 'Aston Martin'.

IMO, its like paying 3-5 crores for a Bentley which effectively has a VW engine.

Could also the low sales of Aston in the last couple years be attributed to the null development in their cars for the past few years? Now with the all new DB 11, maybe the other models will get some newer tech as well. Hopefully this will resurrect the brand by selling more units.

Most Viewed