Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 14:21   #31
BHPian

Re: The Ninja 650r, Bajaj releases teasers!

16 days to go...

Kawasaki Ninja 250R | Kawasaki Ninja Bike | Sports Bike | Probiking | 250cc Sports Bike | Bajaj Auto India

The Ninja 650r, Bajaj releases teasers!-n650r.jpg
Old 25th May 2011, 01:31   #32
BANNED

Re: The Ninja 650r, Bajaj releases teasers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsOwn View Post
The Ducati Monster (unfair to compare it with this but..) suits our conditions more, offers more and is a better bike all round.
The naked brother of 650R - the ER6N would be alright to compare with the monster. From all the posts here and elsewhere, it looks like the 650r will be launched. After seeing BlackPearl's posts here, I did a test ride of a used 650r for a friend here. Kawasaki has put in a lot of thought about the riding position. It somehow feels very very comfortable, its like a standard, or street bike with good aerodynamics, windshield, and a sporty fairing. I would certainly buy a 650r for highway rides & long rides. If launched at around 5L, indian bikers should be very happy.
Old 25th May 2011, 10:44   #33
BHPian

Last night while passing near the PBK showroom next to Ruby hall clinic in Pune, I saw the N650 being ridden by one guy and 2 guys waiting outside the showroom to get it inside. It was the same green one. Not sure if it was the same one that I'd spotted on the highway..

Today morning I went to the showroom to ask about the bike. The guy at the desk tells me there's some time for the launch. I ask him about the pricing. Again no answers. Then I tell him that I saw the bike last night and I have seen it on the highway some weeks back. The guy is like " We haven't got any bike". I told him that I saw the bike last night and thought it may be a display bike. Hence I came to check it out. He's like we don't know about it (with a slight smile). Guess they are keeping it all top secret till the launch.
Old 28th May 2011, 18:31   #34
BHPian

I dont think we should be estimating price based on the cubic capacity of the machine, like someone mentioned before. There is hardly any difference in manufacturing cost to make a motorcycle with a higher capacity with similar chassis specs as a lower capacity model.

The major costs only arise with exotic suspension components or with high output / revving engines. A 25-30% higher price that the 250 ninja is what one should expect as the 650 has regular suspension and brakes and the engine configuration is the same as the 250. No GP parts here.
Old 30th May 2011, 10:45   #35
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I spotted the 650 being tested by AutoCar on the Wai-Panchgani rd on thursday, the bike sure is a looker and fast. I happened to request the Autocar guy to let me throw my leg around only to figure out the ride height and handle geometry. The design is perfect for touring.

I then spoke to my contact in Bajaj for details and the bike is being launched on 8th June, they are planning for the same 2 shades as the Ninja 250 (Green and Black). I asked him if there is any offer for existing Ninja customers (buy back) and the response was sadly no.

I am in a very good mood to book the vehicle on 8th. Shall keep the group posted on the happenings.

In the meanwhile check the picture i managed to click.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ninja 650r, Bajaj releases teasers!-ninja-650.jpg  

Speed-Freak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 11:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hey Guys,

I spotted the 650 being tested by AutoCar on the Wai-Panchgani rd on thursday, the bike sure is a looker and fast. I happened to request the Autocar guy to let me throw my leg around only to figure out the ride height and handle geometry. The design is perfect for touring.

I then spoke to my contact in Bajaj for details and the bike is being launched on 8th June, they are planning for the same 2 shades as the Ninja 250 (Green and Black). I asked him if there is any offer for existing Ninja customers (buy back) and the response was sadly no.

I am in a very good mood to book the vehicle on 8th. Shall keep the group posted on the happenings.

In the meanwhile check the picture i managed to click.
Brilliant!

I have spotted the bike 3 times but could not get a pic of it. Thanks for sharing the pic
Old 30th May 2011, 16:05   #37
Team-BHP Support

Was Rishad Cooper testing the 650-R?
Old 30th May 2011, 19:38   #38
BHPian

Quote:

I happened to request the Autocar guy to let me throw my leg around only to figure out the ride height and handle geometry. The design is perfect for touring.
Hi Speed-Freak,

Thanks for the picture. The 650R sure looks delicious though I wish they were getting the blue and/or the red along with the other colors.

As for the riding position, is it as upright as the karizma or slightly more sporty? (asking you this as your garage lists both the Zma and the 250R )
Old 30th May 2011, 23:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Bajaj Probiking showroom in Delhi at the Priya complex told me that the 650 will NOT be priced over 6 lacs (on-road). Anything between 5-6 would definitely be a Hyosung killer. Might even burn a few Monster hair.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:15   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Hi Speed-Freak,

Thanks for the picture. The 650R sure looks delicious though I wish they were getting the blue and/or the red along with the other colors.

As for the riding position, is it as upright as the karizma or slightly more sporty? (asking you this as your garage lists both the Zma and the 250R )
Hi Narula123,

The 650R is as upright as the ZMA, also the handlebars are pretty wide. I am used to riding a friends Monster and the feel on the handles and the seating geometry was quiet identical.

Forgot to mention about the exhaust notes, as usual the typical parallel twin note, however considerably louder than the younger brother the 250r.

Have made up my mind to buy the 650r, cant wait for the 8th to book the baby and then hopefully another 20days before the delivery.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
The Bajaj Probiking showroom in Delhi at the Priya complex told me that the 650 will NOT be priced over 6 lacs (on-road). Anything between 5-6 would definitely be a Hyosung killer. Might even burn a few Monster hair.
Nice!!!! That's killer pricing for a 650 from the Kwack stable. Forget Hyosung, it's nowhere in the league of Kwack engineering. In this context, times are getting better
Old 31st May 2011, 17:34   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Narula123,

The 650R is as upright as the ZMA, also the handlebars are pretty wide. I am used to riding a friends Monster and the feel on the handles and the seating geometry was quiet identical.

Forgot to mention about the exhaust notes, as usual the typical parallel twin note, however considerably louder than the younger brother the 250r.

Have made up my mind to buy the 650r, cant wait for the 8th to book the baby and then hopefully another 20days before the delivery.
@ Speed-Freak,

Thanks for the info buddy. I think the bike sounds like the perfect upgrade for me from my P220. I will wait for a couple of owner reviews before putting my dough down. Planning to get mine by Diwali if all goes well. Fingers crossed. Best of luck for your purchase and hope to see your ownership thread soon.
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:13   #43
BHPian

Hey speedfreak could you give some details about the seat height and the weight ?
Were your feet flat on the ground ? How tall are you ? How are the footpegs placed ?
Please keep us updated about any related development.

Cheers

Last edited by bikefreak : 2nd June 2011 at 17:42. Reason: Minding my 'u's and 'r's :D
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

+1 to what bikefreak said. Any views on the knee and back angles?
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Courtesy Cycle-ergo.com for a 5'10" guy with a 30 inch inseam and 100% straightening of the arms.
Attached Thumbnails
The Ninja 650r, Bajaj releases teasers!-650r.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks