Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 14:12   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati Monster 796 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Good Stuff Jayant, where was this ride to?
It was to Krishnagiri
Old 18th July 2011, 14:24   #92
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Awesome pic Great to hear you enjoyed the ride bro, wish I could have made it. How many kms does the ODO show now?
Thanks Samarth! Loads of pics on FB if you want to check it out. Do try to make it next time . Not much on the ODO bro...just 650kms. Another 350kms for the first servicing.

Quote:
Good Stuff Jayant, where was this ride to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
It was to Krishnagiri
The pics were taken @ A2B Shoolagiri(just before Krishnagiri) where we had the first stop to munch burgers. We then proceeded to the dam and then headed back. But half of the group did not join us and proceeded towards the city.

You should join us Mahesh

Last edited by JVH : 18th July 2011 at 14:25.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Jayant, Looks like you guys had a wonderful ride. Damn!! i missed it. But there is always next one.
Any plans on long drive ?
Old 18th July 2011, 14:33   #94
Senior - BHPian

Jayant,
Had been to mysore to get shock absorbers for my RD, could not get the seat assembly though for her :( Am awaiting the caliper rebuild kit which should come in this thursday or friday. So in short gimme couple more weeks and will join you for sure.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:46   #95
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Jayant, Looks like you guys had a wonderful ride. Damn!! i missed it. But there is always next one.
Any plans on long drive ?
It was a great ride indeed but did not like it on the way back. Horrible traffic and rains had me on the edge. I always prefer riding towards the north either on NH4 or NH7 because the traffic is OK on the way back whereas on the other side, have to cut through the city and its various signals (me put up in Hebbal)

Sure planning for a long ride but only after the 1st servicing which am hoping to get it done by the next couple of weeks. FYI, Sridhar Shetty (Iron 883) is planning a ride to Kanyakumari the coming weekend. Check with him if you are interested for this weekend.

Quote:
Jayant,
Had been to mysore to get shock absorbers for my RD, could not get the seat assembly though for her :( Am awaiting the caliper rebuild kit which should come in this thursday or friday. So in short gimme couple more weeks and will join you for sure.
Sure, Mahesh. Join us with your steed in full form. And am sure it will be one hell of a machine once everything's sorted out. Have always had a soft corner for the RDs
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 14:47   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jayant, great to see you enjoying your monster, keep it going and keep updating this thread
Old 18th July 2011, 14:50   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Sure planning for a long ride but only after the 1st servicing which am hoping to get it done by the next couple of weeks. FYI, Sridhar Shetty (Iron 883) is planning a ride to Kanyakumari the coming weekend. Check with him if you are interested for this weekend.
Guess my friend Sumanth is also joining you folks for the trip to KK. He would be there with his 48er.
All the very best and do enjoy the ride

Glad that you have a soft corner for RD's, ever given a thought to own one of them?
Old 18th July 2011, 18:35   #98
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Hey Jayant, great to see you enjoying your monster, keep it going and keep updating this thread
Good to see you on this thread Lohith. Sure, I will. Mangy is on the roadmap too

Quote:
Guess my friend Sumanth is also joining you folks for the trip to KK. He would be there with his 48er.
All the very best and do enjoy the ride
I guess this is directed to rk_sans because I was suggesting him to touch base with Sridhar for the ride I wouldn't be able to make it :-(

Quote:
Glad that you have a soft corner for RD's, ever given a thought to own one of them?
I had the good fortune of using one for about 6 months during my engineering days. I was a friend's who had flunked a semester and gone back to his hometown handing over the keys. It was an amazing experience. I still remember the effortless acceleration and that delicious sound!!!

Well about owning one, my immediate priorities would be to clock miles on the monster as much as possible and may be take it to the tracks. And for the tracks, I would like to may be pick up an used Ninja or R15 to brush my riding skills. But that would be only next year as I'm almost bankrupt now and the missus wouldn't even let me think about that
Old 18th July 2011, 18:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was a great ride indeed but did not like it on the way back. Horrible traffic and rains had me on the edge. I always prefer riding towards the north either on NH4 or NH7 because the traffic is OK on the way back whereas on the other side, have to cut through the city and its various signals (me put up in Hebbal)

Yeah, do agree the traffic gets to your neck while coming back from the other end of the city.

Thanks for the info about the ride. I am not ready for such a long trip, probably a day or 2 max with 300-400 kms is what i am thinking.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:57   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had the good fortune of using one for about 6 months during my engineering days. I was a friend's who had flunked a semester and gone back to his hometown handing over the keys. It was an amazing experience. I still remember the effortless acceleration and that delicious sound!!!
Cool so you have had the taste of the bike yes am still lost over its exhaust notes and would not wanna change it for any reason. And yes
MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY MATE, HAVE A BLAST
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 21:03   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saturday was a great day spent with a ride and get together with lot of folks. Let me see IIRC

8 Honda CBR250s, 1 Yamaha R15,1 Bajaj pulsar, 4 Kwacker Ninjettes, 1 Enfield Bullet,1 HD 883 Iron, 1 Bajaj Avenger and 1 Ducati Monster 796

Am awaiting a few more pics. Will post ASAP.
I did not know you are in Team-BHP. It was nice meeting you and obviously, your monster. I have been following your thread closely.

I am Shamil, in Black CBR. I met you guys late at Krishnagiri dam and we had coffee at CCD.

@JVH - If you are in Hebbal, you should have taken the Atibelle - Sarjapur - Outer Ring Road route just after Atibelle toll. That route is traffic free and in good condition. I could reach Marathahalli much before the rain started. If you do not know the route, I will show it you next time.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 18th July 2011 at 21:06.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:25   #102
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I am not ready for such a long trip, probably a day or 2 max with 300-400 kms is what i am thinking.
Blore-Durga-Blore is an option I'm thinking about after Mahesh's suggestion. Will keep you updated on that.

Quote:
Cool so you have had the taste of the bike yes am still lost over its exhaust notes and would not wanna change it for any reason. And yes
MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY MATE, HAVE A BLAST
Given a chance I would like to own one and thanks for the wishes buddy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am Shamil, in Black CBR. I met you guys late at Krishnagiri dam and we had coffee at CCD.
Aah! It's a small world, ain't it? It was good to meet you too

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post

@JVH - If you are in Hebbal, you should have taken the Atibelle - Sarjapur - Outer Ring Road route just after Atibelle toll. That route is traffic free and in good condition. I could reach Marathahalli much before the rain started. If you do not know the route, I will show it you next time.
I have to confess I do not know the route...was tailing Aditya all along. Next time for sure ;-)

And Congrats on your CBR!
Old 19th July 2011, 10:32   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was a great ride indeed but did not like it on the way back. Horrible traffic and rains had me on the edge.
Yeah, the ride was awesome but the return leg was such a let down. Although the rains made it a tad cooler i was disappointed. Had just washed and waxed my bike and it was dirty all over again.

The traffic was thick and i could feel the heat from the duc standing next to me. But it was nice to hear the monster rumble behind me and roar in the underpass at madivala.
Old 19th July 2011, 10:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Blore-Durga-Blore is an option I'm thinking about after Mahesh's suggestion. Will keep you updated on that.
Jayant,
If you do go to Chitradurga then do try out excellent Benne Masale Dosey in another iconic place in Chitradurga - Laxmi Bhavan. Have heard lot of raves about this place should make it one of these days

And if you are entering the city from Hosur and got to reach towards Hebbal would suggest you to take the NICE Road exit to Tumkur Road which is much better any given day

Last edited by ku69rd : 19th July 2011 at 10:50.
Old 19th July 2011, 12:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds a good plan. Leave little early in the morning, reach Durga, Have breakfast and comeback

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks