Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 12:30   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

^agree with Sheel.

Bajaj have created a minor confusion by diluting Ninja name. The brand recall strongly supports racing DNA and thus many are swayed by it. 650R is not a track tool but a tourer.
Sn1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 12:41   #137
BANNED

Amazing review, and this is what our bike enthusiasts need. Yes this is rightly a touring bike and that's what will sell more here. The sparse fairing actually makes it look more elegant and purely functional and I love its looks. And bajaj is offering it at a mouth watering price too, what else can one ask for. but I will not be able to make the cut even at this price but will be actively looking for a used one 2years down the line.
Old 10th June 2011, 13:07   #138
Senior - BHPian

I have almost made up my mind to buy one right away. Just need to finalise a few more things -

I called up Agra and they had no clue even and when the owner put me on hold and spoke to someone else in bajaj - he gave me incorrect information - He said the bike is ex showrrom 5.xx lacs and OTR it wil be almost 6 lacs. Also waiting is 6 months. I did not beleive him.

I called up Faridabad Pro Biking showroom as that is the nearest one to me after Agra. I also own a house in Gurgaon so buying from there really does not matter.

He said ex showrom is 4.6x lacs and OTR in Faridabad will be about 4.9 Lacs.

I asked how many he has booked and he said 1 yesterday. Also as per today morning a total of 20 Ninja 650's have been booked across India and they expect minimum 100 by the end of this month which is GOOD as there should be some exclusivity also. I suppose they order them in 100 multiples. It would make sense. And then assemble them as these are CKD's unlike the 250 which comes as a direct import.

I asked him if there is going to be a black color and he said NO - Bajaj has only brought in the green and he is sure about the future as well. I guess he was pretty smart and I assume trained for the answers.

So now my only confusion is how to get this one financed as family is not going to let me buy it outright !

Booking amount is 50k by the way. Hope this information helps others as well.

Also LOAN & FINANCE is available from all major banks without any hassle. Just like any other bank. He says it is almost the same as buying an i10. I like that thought very much. Does not make me feel guilty. After all what is an i10 ? The thrill I will get after riding a 650cc bike comes no where near a boring i10.

I just hope I finalise it soon. It has to be the heart sometimes which should rule over the head.

Last edited by vkochar : 10th June 2011 at 13:12.
vkochar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 13:13   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
He says i is almost the same as buying an i10. I like tht very much. Does not make me feel guilty. After all what is an i10 ? The thrill I will get after riding a 650cc bike comes no where near a boring i10.
I see most Car guys who were Motorcyclists earlier going weak in their knees with 650R's launch. A good sign

Bikes vs Cars, aah!

The Motorcycle might be available in black too, cross check once from the official web page once you are about to book, butttt, if its a Ninja, it has to be green.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 14:08   #140
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review bblost! Nice to read an "official" bike review on Team-BHP. Drool, drool, the bike looks great.
Old 10th June 2011, 14:21   #141
BHPian

Bhai bblost, you the man!

Firstly, amazing first review of this monster bike. (by legal Indian T&Cs)

Secondly, it seems like an awesome ride, turning radius notwithstanding, just wish you & GTO had approved of the exhaust note though.

5 odd lacs sounds a bit high for my budget, the wifey being sanctioning authority, and she is totally against bikes.

Will wait it out for a while, but hoping they come in black, with ABS and maybe just maybe a lac cheaper.

Thanks to Stratos for the stunning pics and GTO for 11500RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
^agree with Sheel.

Bajaj have created a minor confusion by diluting Ninja name. The brand recall strongly supports racing DNA and thus many are swayed by it. 650R is not a track tool but a tourer.
Tourer with a 15 ltr tank and 17 odd kmpl.

Last edited by bblost : 10th June 2011 at 16:14. Reason: back to back posts. Please use Edit if posting again within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 10th June 2011, 14:46   #142
Senior - BHPian

I see many of them cribbing about 15 ltr fuel tank . I dont see why you should not be able to fill within 300 kms of the range .Just need to plan the stops properly. And are there ppl who does 300+kms range in one stretch ? ,how many ? .May be a few of them . For the remaining 300 kms range should be good enuff .Its not a dealer breaker. Not having a BLACK color option ,should be deal breaker .

Last edited by black12rr : 10th June 2011 at 14:49.
black12rr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 14:58   #143
BHPian

Agree mate. Unless you have a good gel seat like a Corbin, a 300km non stop will surely give you a serious case of ironbhum!!

My adopted GPZ900R has a fuel tank of 18liters, gives 15 to the liter and usually lasts both ways of our Sunday morning jaunts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I see many of them cribbing about 15 ltr fuel tank . I dont see why you should not be able to fill within 300 kms of the range .Just need to plan the stops properly. And are there ppl who does 300+kms range in one stretch ? ,how many ? .May be a few of them . For the remaining 300 kms range should be good enuff .Its not a dealer breaker. Not having a BLACK color option ,should be deal breaker .
Old 10th June 2011, 16:08   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
So my assumption was almost spot on

BTW didn't know about 2nd 954.
My second 954 was also red black, but with the reverse combination.
I was supposed to have been given to Shahid kapoor by Kareena
Last I know is that it was totalled after one of the buyers crashed it.
He was in hospital for quite a few days.

BTW I just booked the 650R this morning
Should be getting delivery by mid July.

Cheers
Old 10th June 2011, 16:32   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikefreak View Post
My second 954 was also red black, but with the reverse combination.
I was supposed to have been given to Shahid kapoor by Kareena
Last I know is that it was totalled after one of the buyers crashed it.
He was in hospital for quite a few days.

BTW I just booked the 650R this morning
Should be getting delivery by mid July.

Cheers
Congrats Rossi - the DOCTOR . Did you ask for black color and how much was the OTR there ?
Old 10th June 2011, 16:50   #146
BHPian

Just booked the 650R myself today, was told that mine was the 6th booking since the launch.
Expecting it in August.

Pic taken at the showroom!

P. S. What's with the scattered nut/bolts around the bike.. Someone is surely asking for a fall.
Attached Images

Old 10th June 2011, 17:16   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I see most Car guys who were Motorcyclists earlier going weak in their knees with 650R's launch. A good sign
How can you be so accurate about feelings?

By the saw the green ninja in the show room - and your words just filled the blanks
mikon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 17:22   #148
BHPian

Hope this clarifies the pricing stuff.. Got an email from the ProBiking guys in Navi Mumbai. Might take a trip to Navi Mumbai this weekend (so far away but I guess no pain no gain, right?)

Dear Sir

Thank you for showing interest in our flagship brand Kawasaki Ninja 650 R

We are happy to be a part of our Ninja Family
As of currently there are no test rides available in any of our Probiking Showrooms, due to Monsoon ,but we are working on it and as soon as we get any updates from Bajaj Auto (H.O) ,will be getting in touch with you,
At the moment we are providing you the on road details

Ninja 650 R: - 5, 12,639 on road for Mumbai (i.e. with Octroi)
Ninja 650 R: - 4, 94,310 on road for Navi Mumbai (i.e. without Octroi)

Booking Amount: - 50,000
Waiting Period: - 90 days
Delivery Process: - 1st come 1st Serve basis (Will start from July Mid week) depends upon the Availability of stock

You can VISIT to our exclusive showroom BAJAJ PROBIKING to get the closer looks of the bike Located at Vashi Navi Mumbai

Last edited by djpeesh : 10th June 2011 at 17:23. Reason: Removing junk html tags from post
Old 10th June 2011, 17:31   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
And then assemble them as these are CKD's unlike the 250 which comes as a direct import.
Slight correction. Both the 250R and the 650R are CKDs or rather SKDs and are assembled in Bajaj's Chakan plant.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:35   #150
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Aren't probiking showrooms supposed to be premium, compared to regular Bajaj outlets? If they want to sell 5 lakh rupee bikes, they better enroll in some English classes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
We are happy to be a part of our Ninja Family
Quote:
As of currently there are no test rides
Quote:
You can VISIT to our exclusive showroom
Quote:
to get the closer looks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks