Team-BHP - Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/102530-kawasaki-ninja-650r-test-ride-review-22.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Condor (Post 2507908)
Hi Everybody,

Took delivery of my bike in Pune on Saturday 3rd September. Was looking for a good forum since then, and came up with this one. This forum rocks! Have done just about 200 K's on the bike so far. (The rain keeps playing spoilsport) The bike is amazing. I have not done any serious riding for more than 20 years, so am taking things easy in the beginning. The last bike I owned was the Yamaha RD 350. Bike technology has improved by leaps and bounds since then.

Cheers

King Condor !

Congrats and welcome to the Ninja 650R owners' club ! I too got my delivery on 6th Sept. Stay in touch for exchanging ideas and issues with the bike.
There is also a Facebook page for 650R owners where there already exists tons of useful info posted.
If you are on facebook, here is the link,
https://www.facebook.com/groups/137965292946687/
you can request to join the page and one of admins will get you in.

Cheers and happy riding.

I am buying the bike protection jacket and pant, it has the inbuilt protector for elbow, shoulder, forearms, hip and knee. It will cost me 120 EUR, around 8000 INR, please let me know if it is a good deal or will it be cheaper in India ?

Thanks plimsollmark,
Hope to have a great time here and with the bike. Thanks for the FB link. How much have you done on the bike? Run in already? Can't wait to get to 800Ks so that I can push her!

Plimsollmark - can you let me know who you are on the FB page please ? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsferrari (Post 2509042)
Plimsollmark - can you let me know who you are on the FB page please ? :)

gsferrari !, PMed you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Condor (Post 2508788)
Thanks plimsollmark,
Hope to have a great time here and with the bike. Thanks for the FB link. How much have you done on the bike? Run in already? Can't wait to get to 800Ks so that I can push her!

King Condor, No such luck, I have barely managed to clock 80 km so far due to too many social and other commitments, now I have resigned to the fact that I will complete her run-in next time I am here in December.

You said 800km ? I thought the run-in mileage is 1000km as quoted by Bajaj PBK ! Having said that, as soon as you find some roughness in the engine sound, I would say its time to replace the Oil.

Happy riding.

According to Bajaj, the run in is in two stages, 4000rpm up to 800K's and 6000 rpm for the next 800K's. I'm trying hard not to think beyond the first 800 :)

Does anybody know any details about the ride that the ProBiking guys have arranged on Sunday 25th?
I got a call saying that it's a ride up to Mapro, starting at 6.30 am and returning at 1.00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Condor (Post 2513790)
Does anybody know any details about the ride that the ProBiking guys have arranged on Sunday 25th?
I got a call saying that it's a ride up to Mapro, starting at 6.30 am and returning at 1.00pm

King Condor, I did get a call too, but honestly I keep weekends strictly for family as they are busy throughout the week, so I have said no.
Sounds like fun though, the roads are excellent.

I did go for a 150 km round trip today to Lavasa and back with some friends, excellent ride if you like riding in the ghats, got a nice wet spell on my way back as well, wet riding tested and found the handling super. Will post some pics soon.

A couple of pics from the Lavasa Ride yesterday :) -

Quote:

Originally Posted by plimsollmark (Post 2515395)
A couple of pics from the Lavasa Ride yesterday :) -

Nice pics plimsollmark. Must say im jealous and would remain so untill I get one in my garage very soon :)

And is that a rear seat cowl in the pics? More details on that please.

I think its the seat cover..........that is giving the impression of a rear cowl ! I may be mistaken, but its really nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2516752)
Nice pics plimsollmark. Must say im jealous and would remain so untill I get one in my garage very soon :)

And is that a rear seat cowl in the pics? More details on that please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradhey (Post 2516903)
I think its the seat cover..........that is giving the impression of a rear cowl ! I may be mistaken, but its really nice.

Narula123, thanks.

Bradhey is right,

Thats the Luimoto seat cover, had asked a friend of mine to bring it down from the US. Its really great quality and also looks outstanding !

Cheers.

Nice pictures. Is the Lavasa road still as good as it used to be?

Does anybody has any idea when the booking will be open for Ninja 650R, I called Pune Probiking but they have no idea. If anyone got to know about the reopening of booking please PM me. I want to book the bike ASAP and want to sit relax there after :)