Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 23:06   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Total non-bikehead comment from me: I think the green looks awful and some colour options would have been welcome (what's wrong with good ole black!)

Even I think green is over .There are many who like to keep it quite and don't want to turn heads or necks . I don't understand Bajaj's logic, since they are loosing potential customers who just want ONLY BLACK .
Old 20th January 2012, 11:35   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Even I think green is over .There are many who like to keep it quite and don't want to turn heads or necks . I don't understand Bajaj's logic, since they are loosing potential customers who just want ONLY BLACK .
I too feel that its time Bajaj brought down the remaining color options for the ninja. While most have seen the black and the green, my favorite is the electrifying shade of blue on these bikes. There is also a bright red for those who like it loud.

Here are some of my favorite pics.

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-2008-kawasaki-ninja-650r-top-sport-motorcycle-2008kawasakininja650rc.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-2009kawasakininja650rbsmall.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-2009kawasakininja650rcsmall.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-2009kawasakininja650r1.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-436983798_jdhrqxl.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-kawasakininja650r_img_5700.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-kawasakininja650r_img_5705.jpg

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-kawaskaininja650r1_800x0w.jpg
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 16:32   #363

Awesome!!!

How about sound, does this gives a sound like super bike?

I mean Wrroomm Wrooomm Wrooooooommmmm
Old 1st February 2012, 14:07   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I heard that there is a price revision for next batches (10,000 INR). May be newer model is a bit costlier.
What is the current price with the price increase now?
Old 1st February 2012, 15:15   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
What is the current price with the price increase now?
2012 Ninja 650R is not yet launched.
I read on some auto forums that it may be launched in the month of April 2012. It is not clear that how much bajaj gonna increase price of this model but 10 to 20K increase is expected.
Old 1st February 2012, 15:44   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
2012 Ninja 650R is not yet launched.
I read on some auto forums that it may be launched in the month of April 2012. It is not clear that how much bajaj gonna increase price of this model but 10 to 20K increase is expected.
What is the current price?

Here is some comparison with Triumph Daytona 675 CC

http://motorcycles.findthebest.com/c...-Yamaha-YZF-R6

The pricing seems to be the most attractive factor for Kawasaki.

Last edited by Tommie : 1st February 2012 at 15:55.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:13   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the current price?
The pricing seems to be the most attractive factor for Kawasaki.
4.57 Lacs Ex-showroom. I read on some forums that price of Ninja 650 may not be increased because of triumph's pricing their bikes very competitively.

IMO Ninja 650 can be compared with Triumph ST (even though it is naked) and not Daytona as Daytona is a pure track oriented bike with fully adjustable front and rear suspension.

Last edited by djay99 : 1st February 2012 at 17:16.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:34   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
4.57 Lacs Ex-showroom. I read on some forums that price of Ninja 650 may not be increased because of triumph's pricing their bikes very competitively.

IMO Ninja 650 can be compared with Triumph ST (even though it is naked) and not Daytona as Daytona is a pure track oriented bike with fully adjustable front and rear suspension.
No issues comparing with SpeedTriple - both have the same engine. I wanted to see the performance comparison whether it makes the case for the extra 3.5lacs which is almost 40% more than 650R. I could not find any comparison of SpeedTriple with 650R. The comparison of ST is with 800 and 1000cc bikes.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:05   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No issues comparing with SpeedTriple - both have the same engine. I wanted to see the performance comparison whether it makes the case for the extra 3.5lacs which is almost 40% more than 650R. I could not find any comparison of SpeedTriple with 650R. The comparison of ST is with 800 and 1000cc bikes.
I was talking about Street Triple and not Speed Triple. Street Triple and Daytona have same engine. Daytona has 16PS more power.

Street Triple with 107PS of power is in a class of it's own compared to the Ninja 650R and it's variations. There is a reason they are cheaper. Not that they aren't great bikes. But comparatively there is no comparison

Here is a link Single, Twin, Triple or Four? - Motorcyclist Magazine about comparison of 650CC motorbikes.

Last edited by djay99 : 1st February 2012 at 18:08.
Old 12th February 2012, 23:49   #370
BHPian

Got a call a few days back from my friendly neighbourhood Probiking manager. I skipped a heartbeat when he asked me if I was still enthu about booking a N650. Unfortunately, it wasnt for the 2012 model but for the previous gen bike. As per him Bajaj has a lot of the previous gen 650s (new/old?) that is up for grabs. He had no idea about when the 2012 model would hit India but assured me of a guaranteed call as soon as it did. So much for my skipped heartbeat. :(
Old 13th February 2012, 10:27   #371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Got a call a few days back from my friendly neighbourhood Probiking manager. I skipped a heartbeat when he asked me if I was still enthu about booking a N650.
Would that mean they are into clearing all the stocks of the 650? Am sure you can find one for a good bargain. Did you check if there were any price variations?
This is the trend in the other countries where they generally give discounts to older models.
Old 24th February 2012, 12:40   #372
BHPian

Wow amazing review, thanks.
I have fallen in love with this bike and have been glued to the internet since i read this review last evening before i left work, researching on this mean machine.
The 2012 model looks amazing, heard there are options to fit clip on handle bars to get the track bike ridding feel, is it true?
So I believe the 2012 is yet to be launched.
Is it available on display in Chennai? Any TBHP owners in Chennai?

Its hard to keep my excitement down to know a sporty bike at this cost in India. 5+ to Bajaj.
Would love to have the black and cruise through unnoticed in public.
When you grow wiser you don't want anyone bothering you while enjoying your ride with your mean machine.
I remember I came back disappointed after test ridding a 250R inside the city on a short ride, everyone told me you need to take it to the highway and ride longer to know how it actually handles, was never convinced.
I believe the 650R was what i needed to start with.
With my Yamaha RX135 on rebuild mode, my bullet TB booked and waiting for delivery, NINJA 650R is nudging its way into my heart.
Hope I am not nudged out of my house.

Please bike lord give me the power to take the dream plunge and let India be flooded with more bikes and sweeter costings.
Old 25th February 2012, 02:50   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Wow amazing review, thanks.
I have fallen in love with this bike and have been glued to the internet since i read this review last evening before i left work, researching on this mean machine.
The 2012 model looks amazing, heard there are options to fit clip on handle bars to get the track bike ridding feel, is it true?
So I believe the 2012 is yet to be launched.
Is it available on display in Chennai? Any TBHP owners in Chennai?

Its hard to keep my excitement down to know a sporty bike at this cost in India. 5+ to Bajaj.
Would love to have the black and cruise through unnoticed in public.
When you grow wiser you don't want anyone bothering you while enjoying your ride with your mean machine.
I remember I came back disappointed after test ridding a 250R inside the city on a short ride, everyone told me you need to take it to the highway and ride longer to know how it actually handles, was never convinced.
I believe the 650R was what i needed to start with.
With my Yamaha RX135 on rebuild mode, my bullet TB booked and waiting for delivery, NINJA 650R is nudging its way into my heart.
Hope I am not nudged out of my house.

Please bike lord give me the power to take the dream plunge and let India be flooded with more bikes and sweeter costings.
Lol, it almost feels like I have multiple personality disorder, created another TBHP account and posted this. Your post is EXACTLY how I feel about the 650. Want it in black to go unnoticed, felt the 250 wasn't enough bike for the price. All that's left is for me to understand ownership costs (which you asked in the other 650 thread) and figure out a financial plan to get me one of these!
Old 25th February 2012, 10:47   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Would that mean they are into clearing all the stocks of the 650? Am sure you can find one for a good bargain. Did you check if there were any price variations?
This is the trend in the other countries where they generally give discounts to older models.
Went and met the friendly neighbourhood Probiking (now KTM) manager this week. It is indeed a stock clearance by Bajaj but no bargains or price discounts are being entertained.

The new bits of info he passed across were:

1. The bookings for the 2012 model will open around April 2012.
2. The bike will now be available in both green and RED colours
3. The price is now up by approx 50k OTR.
4. He promised to deliver the bike within 10 days of booking. Good bye 90 day waiting periods.

As of now I have nothing to do except wait for him to call me for the booking.
Sigh !

P.S - He tried to pitch the Duke 200 to me earnestly. Now why on earth would he want a 5 lakh customer to pick a 1 lakh product?

Last edited by narula123 : 25th February 2012 at 10:50.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 11:12   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
1. The bookings for the 2012 model will open around April 2012.
2. The bike will now be available in both green and RED colours
3. The price is now up by approx 50k OTR.
4. He promised to deliver the bike within 10 days of booking. Good bye 90 day waiting periods.
P.S - He tried to pitch the Duke 200 to me earnestly. Now why on earth would he want a 5 lakh customer to pick a 1 lakh product?
Wow that's crystal clear update. A bit surprising that they are selling old ones without any discounts, if bajaj does indulge in it am sure the rest of the 2-wheeler makers will be forced into it. Win Win for customers and inventory clearance for bike makers.

But not quite sure if the hike would be warranted one?*As usual Bangalore would be worst hit
Well Salesmen eh!!! they ought to pull up their socks probably he was trying to pull a fast one on you

Last edited by ku69rd : 25th February 2012 at 11:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks