Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2013, 11:47   #511
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
What to look out for in visual inspection?
Visual inspection for:
a. any rust in parts
b. muck/grime coating the links
c. kinks in the chain
d. sprocket teeth wear.
e. chain slack.

Does it vary in monsoon?
Not really, however the frequency of clean & lubing will increase as any exposed chain will collect more muck in the monsoon.

How do you apply it in case of Wurth?
No difference in application procedure.
On the center/paddock stand, if you are squatting on the left side of the rear
wheel, apply the chain clean/lube on the outside of the sprocket, and on the inside as well about an inch away from where the sprocket meets the chain (lower side), while manually rotating the wheel in the reverse direction.
Hope this helps. An improperly cleaned/lubed chain will start rusting, develop kinks and eat the sprocket teeth faster than expected. I learnt the hard way on smaller bikes, can't afford to neglect this on bigger bikes like the ninja, especially when the chain sprocket set is expensive, takes time to order, and requires more effort to replace.
Sriku

Last edited by sriku : 5th November 2013 at 11:48.
sriku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2013, 15:38   #512
BHPian

Went to the new KTM Kawasaki exclusive showroom in Besant nagar Chennai.
Yes they have moved out of the Bajaj showroom in Adyar Chennai.
They supposedly have 3 service centers in Chennai for Kawasaki and opening one more shortly.

I went to check the Ninja 650, boy I love the bike. Best the money could buy in that range and perfect for Indian road conditions was my impression.
The sales guy killed its perfection by saying they will soon start manufacturing in pune (I believe) so price will go down and even the ABS version will come.

Who would not mind a ABS version and that too at a lesser price, but as with imported Yamaha RX100 and the Indian made ones quality is questionable.

Can anyone confirm this news and is their new factory gonna affect the price or the feature or the quality by any means?

And was told the Kawasaki is moving out of the KTM showroom very soon as KTM has dominated it completely and even out did pulsar.

Delivery can be pushed within 3 months is a general opinion.

Should I take the plunge? Is there any difference with the 2014 model? Is the ABS version or different colors coming in the near future?

Any futuristic information is much appreciated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-20131104_174040.jpg  

Old 27th December 2013, 14:35   #513
BHPian

Delivery of 2013 Ninja has been stopped. Untill last month people were getting their bikes within 2 months. Presently there has been a stoppage or delay in delivery as here comes the 2014 Ninja 650.
It comes with the new color scheme. Still available in only green.
There is a huge dominance of black in this new model. No other changes have been in-cooperated. No ABS option still.
Kawasaki is soon moving out of the KTM shops as KTM has taken over the Indian market and has enough and more customers to support.

Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review-2014kawasakininja650abs1.jpg

Note: The tank is black.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 16:58   #514
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd February 2014 at 19:50.
pratap.pratu is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th December 2013, 21:44   #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Delivery of 2013 Ninja has been stopped. Untill last month people were getting their bikes within 2 months. Presently there has been a stoppage or delay in delivery as here comes the 2014 Ninja 650.
It comes with the new color scheme. Still available in only green.
There is a huge dominance of black in this new model. No other changes have been in-cooperated. No ABS option still.
Kawasaki is soon moving out of the KTM shops as KTM has taken over the Indian market and has enough and more customers to support.

Note: The tank is black.
Was in the ktm showroom at Mekhri circle, Bangalore last Saturday. The person there said that the 2013 models are in stock and can deliver in 4 days - in case anyone is interested.
Old 16th July 2014, 09:40   #516
BHPian

Is anyone using the ninja 650 as a daily commute ?
Am planning to pick one for daily commute purpose.

It would be great if someone could share their experience.
Old 16th July 2014, 10:17   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinHead View Post
Is anyone using the ninja 650 as a daily commute ?
Am planning to pick one for daily commute purpose.

It would be great if someone could share their experience.
Blindly pick it! It's a very practical bike even for daily commute provided you have a secure place to park it. I use my 650 for commuting to work, saloon, coffee shops, groceries, malls etc and I am yet to find a down side.
kingofmyworld is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 00:18   #518

kawasaki ninja 650r wheel balancing problem

hey guys,i have an ninja 650r 2011 model,my bike has done 12000 kms and 3 years old,my bikes not feeling stable while riding feels like it falling on the right while taking a turn and the handle is too tight and heavy on the right, while taking a turn on both the sides but usually more on the right,can you please tell me what could the problem be!!!!!!!!!also need a place where i can get my wheels balanced somewhere in south mumbai!!!!
Old 18th July 2014, 15:20   #519
BHPian

Re: kawasaki ninja 650r wheel balancing problem

Sounds more like your steering cone needs adjustment. Go see your service centre.
Old 18th July 2014, 16:49   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyrider View Post
hey guys,i have an ninja 650r 2011 model,my bike has done 12000 kms and 3 years old,my bikes not feeling stable while riding feels like it falling on the right while taking a turn and the handle is too tight and heavy on the right, while taking a turn on both the sides but usually more on the right,can you please tell me what could the problem be!!!!!!!!!also need a place where i can get my wheels balanced somewhere in south mumbai!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo6 View Post
Sounds more like your steering cone needs adjustment. Go see your service centre.
Simply check the air pressure in your front tyre. Its probably less, and on a (front/top) heavy bike like the 650, that would give this typical symptom. And always on one side.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 15:50   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Blindly pick it! It's a very practical bike even for daily commute provided you have a secure place to park it. I use my 650 for commuting to work, saloon, coffee shops, groceries, malls etc and I am yet to find a down side.
How is the heating behaviour in stop and go traffic? Will the engine temperature be in the safe zone even if we are in barely moving traffic for a pretty much long duration(Read: Bangalore Traffic)?

Anybody has any idea how the 650's heating behaviour are compared to the hot-headed 390 Duke?
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 16:09   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
How is the heating behaviour in stop and go traffic? Will the engine temperature be in the safe zone even if we are in barely moving traffic for a pretty much long duration(Read: Bangalore Traffic)?

Anybody has any idea how the 650's heating behaviour are compared to the hot-headed 390 Duke?
It does get hot but nothing that a biker cant manage. Of the 5-6k kms that I've done in traffic, I only faced heating issues just once. That was solely because I was in an emergency and stuck in traffic so I was doing my best to surge through traffic with RPMs close to redline. Be easy on the throttle and even traffic wont be a problem.
kingofmyworld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 12:48   #523
BHPian

Could anyone shed some light on the availability and booking time for the 2014 Ninja 650 in Pune? I'm in the market for an upgrade from my Bullet and I've narrowed things down to the 650 or the Triumph Bonneville SE. The KTM 390 might be a dark horse too.

Is Bajaj Probiking as generous as Triumph in giving out test rides? Is the 650 available for a test ride in Pune?
Old 19th August 2014, 07:44   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
Could anyone shed some light on the availability and booking time for the 2014 Ninja 650 in Pune?
Since you live in Pune, wouldnt it be easier to find this out by simply making a phone call or visiting the dealership?
Old 19th August 2014, 10:44   #525
Senior - BHPian

They used to have an aged 250 for test rides (recently sold off to a dealer for 70K). I don't think they have a test ride 650, but I agee with Avi. Simply pop in and ask (demand).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks