Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 12:38   #586
BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Thanks Shan, so I believe they are trying to push the 2014 model. I will try to fetch some discounts on 2015 model. Is there any facelift/all new Ninja 650 expected in the near future?

Nothing in near future as far as I know. This parallel twin is still doing wonders and so Kawasaki may not tamper with the engine anytime soon.

Thanks buddy, are there any other changes apart from the colour scheme between the two?
There are no other changes except for the colour scheme. In fact nothing has changed since the introduction of the revised one in 2012.
Old 18th August 2015, 15:05   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan_ned View Post
There are no other changes except for the colour scheme. In fact nothing has changed since the introduction of the revised one in 2012.
Am I wrong in assuming that ABS is now standard? Unable to find any details on Kawasaki India Webpage.
Old 18th August 2015, 15:55   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep.pandya View Post
Am I wrong in assuming that ABS is now standard? Unable to find any details on Kawasaki India Webpage.
If you mean in India, there is no abs on the ninja 650 not even optional.
Old 6th October 2015, 12:13   #589
BHPian

I just got myself a pre-owned 2013 bike, primarily for two up touring, got akra fitted, the bike is extremely tiring over long distances, any tips or mods to make it comfortable for the rider and pillion will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Khodays is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:30   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khodays View Post
I just got myself a pre-owned 2013 bike, primarily for two up touring, got akra fitted, the bike is extremely tiring over long distances, any tips or mods to make it comfortable for the rider and pillion will be very helpful.
First off, a free flow exhaust will be good for city runs but can be extremely tiresome while touring. Use earplugs for yourself and also for the pillion.

Please elaborate on what you find as tiresome.

Last edited by man_of_steel : 6th October 2015 at 12:31.
Old 6th October 2015, 12:37   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Congrats Ads. Tried and tested.
Old 6th October 2015, 14:37   #592
BHPian

Thanks Doc, yep, found a good deal, so grabbed it.

@man_of_steel, The pain in the lower part part of my neck, between the neck and shoulder is very severe, I have already installed a 20mm handle bar riser, but not of much help, you are very right in the exhaust, the ears were buzzing few few hours post our ride.
Old 7th October 2015, 10:35   #593
BHPian

I plan to pick up a ninja 650 in delhi their website is down could anyone help me by pointing me in the right direction as to where I can find a dealer for the bike.

Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 11:12   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@man_of_steel, The pain in the lower part part of my neck, between the neck and shoulder is very severe, I have already installed a 20mm handle bar riser, but not of much help
What helmet are you using? Did you try playing around with the windscreen settings?
Old 7th October 2015, 13:44   #595
BHPian

ok so I found a dealer and will be booking the bike day after , now the OTR he is quoting is 6.16/- delhi is it correct? Also I wish to upgrade the exhaust for a gruntier sound not very loud but just enough so it sounds better, heard a stock exhaust and dint like it, so help regarding this would be appreciated guys

thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 19:58   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
ok so I found a dealer and will be booking the bike day after , now the OTR he is quoting is 6.16/- delhi is it correct? Also I wish to upgrade the exhaust for a gruntier sound not very loud but just enough so it sounds better, heard a stock exhaust and dint like it, so help regarding this would be appreciated guys

thanks
Before deciding on an exhaust, do checkout the 650's which have an aftermarket exhaust installed. I have heard a couple of them and they sound horrible (IMHO).
Old 14th October 2015, 10:55   #597
BHPian

Tyre Talk!

Fellas,
I am approaching a tyre change soon enough. What are my options? Where should I start looking for them? I have heard good stuff of the Michelin Pilot Road 3s. should I upsize? etc etc. Let's talk rubber!

Cheers!
Old 14th October 2015, 16:15   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
What helmet are you using? Did you try playing around with the windscreen settings?
I use a scorpion and the windscreen is raised, I feel it is the handlebar's, as I did goa-blr, two up with my wife in 8 hrs, did the same on 390, but I was single and I didnt feel a thing.

Will play with few more options for handlebar settings, thanks for the feedback though, fitted the DB killer on the Akra and it sounds beautiful,age is sure catching up
Old 15th October 2015, 14:11   #599
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre Talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Fellas,
I am approaching a tyre change soon enough. What are my options? Where should I start looking for them? I have heard good stuff of the Michelin Pilot Road 3s. should I upsize? etc etc. Let's talk rubber!

Cheers!
Take a look at these two threads:

Link 1

Link 2

Best to stick to the stock size. Michelin's are available at Madhu's Enterprises, Cherry Agencies and at Millivision Marketing on Lalbagh Road.

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th October 2015 at 14:13.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 14:13   #600
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tyre Talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Fellas,

Cheers!
Metzeler Sportec M5's.

18K front and rear. A steal for such a bike.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks