Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 13:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kawasaki Ninja 650R : Test Ride & Review

Brilliant review BBlost. rated 5 stars.!!

As others have mentioned, this is truly a very very competitive price & can possibly let the cat amongst the pigeons. In future, whenever Yamaha/Honda try to launch their m/cycles in this category; they will have to either beat this price or up the game.

Honestly, the m/cycle scene in India is beginning to REALLY hot up. Like the cars, customer will soon be spoilt for choice in the 5-10L bike range.
Old 8th June 2011, 13:48   #17

Found this video on the "making of Ninja650r" :

Last edited by bblost : 8th June 2011 at 13:55. Reason: Fixed youtube link
avinrichards is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 13:53   #18
BHPian

Brilliant, is this the first detailed review of the yet to be launched Ninja 650R online ?
Old 8th June 2011, 14:04   #19
Senior - BHPian

Superb review bblost

Thanks a ton!
Old 8th June 2011, 14:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

OT:
I am just feeling , if 650 R can be had for 5 lakhs , then zx10R should be for 8lakhs ? .Bajaj is definitely on roll .

I hope like khan said others players will start to scratch their heads to match this price tag .

bblost ,can you confirm ,they say only GREEN is available ? .Not every one likes green .

Last edited by black12rr : 8th June 2011 at 14:22.
Old 8th June 2011, 14:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,
Bike does sound interesting with the killer price. Pretty sure Hyosung will face a tough ask.
@ bblost: any idea when they will be on display across Bajaj Probiking showrooms? Also what was the suspension preset to? Soft, Hard/Inbetween
Old 8th June 2011, 14:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

When I tested the 650R under strict NDA waaaay back last year at the Bajaj Chakan test track, I was doing 210 Kph on the main straight before I knew it! This is a very quick and efficient tourer...and with this pricing I can hang on to the MT-01 and add a "Leh Weapon" to my garage without breaking sweat!

Kudos to Bajaj and Kawasaki...they took their time but they are doing it right!
gsferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2011, 14:13   #23
BHPian

Superb bike at an equally attractive price. Bajaj has upped the ante, I hope Honda and Yamaha will now fall in place with their SBK offerings too!
Old 8th June 2011, 14:14   #24
BHPian

Hyosung is still not offering test rides (at least the Mumbai dealer).. I went to the showroom during my lunch break. They were shocked by the pricing of the Ninja 650 but said that they weren't in the same league as the Hyosung GT is a sports bike and has true aficionados who want it. I guess they will still have to reduce costs. Any idea what the comparison is in international markets vis-a-vis the Hyosung and the Ninja? Are they on par?
Old 8th June 2011, 14:16   #25
BHPian

The review is just great. I remember that as kids we always used to think about the Ninja coming by when we would hear the exhausts of a fast bike. Some what like a Icon in motor cycle history
Old 8th June 2011, 14:16   #26
Senior - BHPian

Amazing review BBLost!! All points well covered and very comprehensive. Looks like it will be a good buy for touring with better half.

What was the range on a tankful that you got? Coz the distance that can be covered on a single tankful matters when touring and exploring unknown locations.

PS: Thanks to TBHP for coming up with the official motorcycle review and in a smashing way at that too with the Ninja 650R
Old 8th June 2011, 14:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Superb Review, rated 5 stars.

As already stated, probably for the first time we have a tourer with some level of after sales support and with a comfortable riding position for riders with average height.

Clearly targeted at those moving up from the Ninja 250 (or even the Pulsar 220 or Karizma) category.

What was the fuel tank capacity? Expecting a sub-20 kpl FE, a fuel tank of atleast 17-18 litres would make sense.
Old 8th June 2011, 14:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Riding gear highly recommended. That's me wearing CE approved body armor, knee guards, a kidney belt and a Snell 2010 rated helmet:
But a pair of finger cut gloves meant ideally for cyclists/gymmers. What a complete fail in an otherwise awesome review. We should've gotten more action shots given the civic was in close attendance

Other minor things:
a. No immobilizer key with a bike this expensive? (donno about other SBKs - just wondering)
b. Lovely touch on the lever adjusters or luggage hooks
c. Does it specifically use regular petrol? What is the spec?
d. Lovely finish
e. The Hyosung 650R created the segment. Ninja just wnet in and demolished it - but its not an innovator in that sense.
f. What height person is it good for? Like a TBird is awesome for the taller folks, while an RTR may be more suited for shorter folk.
Old 8th June 2011, 14:26   #29
BHPian

Awesome Review bblost, been waiting for this for long. A great write up with indepth information about the bike and expectations out of it, especially after spending close to 5.5 lakhs (ORP) on this. I agree this is a great tourer, but how did it fare in the city traffic? Did you feel any engine overheat due to stop and go traffic in the city driving?
Old 8th June 2011, 14:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately it has a small fuel tank around 15 liters including 2 or 3 liter reserve. Not too terrible but a 20 - 21 liter tank would have been fantastic!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks