Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2013, 11:42   #616
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
Agree with your view point. The Bonnie basically carries forward nothing from its pre 1972 days except for the badge. Its a classical example of how the Royal Enfield Bullets have transitioned into Classics & Thunderbirds today.

What was missing though was, Triumph was defunct for quite some time unlike RE which kept chugging along. Pretty much sure if RD 350 was not to be launched by Yamaha then Bonnie would have still topped sales chart for its segment and we could have seen its evolution.

Remember Yamaha were forced to upgrade their RD 350 to RD 400 just to meet the emission norms and am sure it would have been a similar case with Bonnie. We would have lost the original 1970's Bonnie to the "save earth" campaign.

Having seen a 1970 Triumph Bonnie am sure you would not even have slung your leg over it cause of the huge vibes. But yes I have not experienced the new Bonnie but reviews state otherwise.

The Japanese really did deal a death blow to the British motorcycle industry. The Bullet was neither the best nor the slickest nor even close to the fastest. Yet somehow like Superman it was sent in a time capsule to a distant planet as the mother planet exploded around it. From a gawky also ran, in its new planet it became a king. Such are the funny ways of fate.

Vibes and all, there is a pure, simple, unadulterated type of joy of swinging a leg over and riding these old machines. Which is not possible to get in any of the newer ones. The Bonneville (new) can and should be pitted against similar displacement Harleys, as has been done in the shootout I posted earlier. These bikes exude the "cool" factor. Just depends on your taste - American flair or Brit elegance.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 12:10   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Vibes and all, there is a pure, simple, unadulterated type of joy of swinging a leg over and riding these old machines. Which is not possible to get in any of the newer ones. Just depends on your taste - American flair or Brit elegance.
Doc,

Well stated !! I love the new Bonnie just for this reason. I would say that this feel is still there at least in the case of the current Bonnievilles Stds and T 100s. No gizmos dishing out all kinds of info in front of of you but a old look analog speedo and the wind on your face.

But I do admit that I enjoy the factor of reliability too. Also the classic habit/example of the Britisg Bangers

I think my Bonnie is going to beat the "official Bonnies" to the streets of Bangalore (I am still keeping my fingers crossed)

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 6th November 2013 at 12:12.
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 13:47   #618
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Please stick to the topic of discussion - Triumph's launch in India and their model line-up etc. Please avoid going off topic on this thread.
Old 6th November 2013, 17:16   #619
Senior - BHPian

The Proposed launch Date of 28th Nov or Late November - How realistic is it ?

My reason for asking this question or the doubt is as follows:

Normally, the dealer or the manufacturer would make the required applications, to the RTO of the place where the dealership is to be opened, with details of the Models which they are going to sell, their Homologation Certificate from ARAI etc and after due delibration, the RTO would update their data base to include the vehicle information.

In case of Bangalore RTO/Transport Commissioner, this proces has not happended till date.

How I know? The registration process of my bike is now stuck (even after approval from Commissioner to Register the bike) at RTO office as they can't up load the vehicle data to their system as "Triumph Bonniville" does not appear in their drop down options in the data entry screen.

They have "Triumph Rocket" and "Triumph Thunderbird" options available as those 2 bikes are registered in/by the Karnataka MV Dept. in the past. The data entry clerk was asking what difference does it make and he wanted to proceed with Triumph TB for my bike. Fortunately better sense prevailed and they have now requested the nodal point of National Informatics Centre (who reportedly maintains the Registration system and records) to make the Drop Down Option available for Triump Bonniville as well.

If the Triumph India is close to their launch in Bangalore as per the roumours floating around, they should have filed their papers to the Karnataka Transport department by now. Isn't it ?

These are my thoughts

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 6th November 2013, 17:23   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Ram sir, then I think this will go as another bike launch that happened a couple of years ago.

The bike was launched and all these formalities were still pending (at least with the KA RTO/MV Dept) and the deliveries started only after those things were cleared.

Similarly, Triumph "may" do a gala opening/launch and actual deliveries may be in 30/60/90 days from then.
Old 7th November 2013, 00:57   #621
BHPian

Quote:

Normally, the dealer or the manufacturer would make the required applications, to the RTO of the place where the dealership is to be opened, with details of the Models which they are going to sell, their Homologation Certificate from ARAI etc and after due delibration, the RTO would update their data base to include the vehicle information.

In case of Bangalore RTO/Transport Commissioner, this proces has not happended till date.

If the Triumph India is close to their launch in Bangalore as per the roumours floating around, they should have filed their papers to the Karnataka Transport department by now. Isn't it ?

These are my thoughts

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
It is a confirmed launch date and it is happening on the said date .Usually a copy of the homogolation certificate or the type approval certificate (if imported motorcycle) has to be provided to the RTO during registration and they just add it under the "others section" and key in the exact details for the first time .once a type approval or homogolation cert is available then it remains on that system till the validaity of the same.I know of a triumph scrambler registered in the Electronic city RTO in this fashion .

Anyways you dont need to worry as the bonnies will satrt getting registered as early as next month as i hear the consignments are in india as well and bookings will start even before the launch

Prashanth
Old 7th November 2013, 01:18   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
Usually a copy of the homogolation certificate or the type approval certificate (if imported motorcycle) has to be provided to the RTO during registration
Prashanth
For your information for imported bikes over 800 cc ARAI Homologation is not required.

I do have a Certificate of Confirmation issued by EU/Manufacturer, which has been submitted to the RTO along with all other documents.

My documentation is now confirmed as complete, Tax has been paid. Unfortunately they are unable to Key in the data - this is in Yeshwanthpur RTO office

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 10th November 2013, 13:39   #623
BHPian

Quote:

Ram
Hope to see you blazing on the bonnie soon, the Rto will come through I'm sure. I too seriously doubt if triumph can pull it off by November end.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2013 at 14:39. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a one line reply
Old 10th November 2013, 18:17   #624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Ram
Hope to see you blazing on the bonnie soon, the Rto will come through I'm sure. I too seriously doubt if triumph can pull it off by November end.
Hi Man,

Good to hear from you. Our mutual friend is following it up well, I believe. Was hopping to ride it this weekend as I was in Bangalore, little disapointed that is all.

Will have to be next time

The Triumph launch on 28th Nov is in Delhi, I am told. The Bangalore show room opening, slated for 1st week of Dec, the people there are hopefull of rolling out bikes at least from 1st week of Jan 2014

The Bangalore dealer told me that he is awaiting the ARAI Certification/Homologation papers from Triumph India to file with KA Transport Dept. He was also trying to tell me that my troubles also should be ove latest by then

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 12:44   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Triumph Motorycles India surely had appointed a dealer for North Indian region and shortlisted for Mumbai atleast two months ago, if not before that.
Any idea who that is? Or has Triumph asked them to stay quiet?

Also 17 more days to go, this has been a really long wait and I sincerely hope that Triumph doesn't disappoint. For bikers the last few years have been very difficult as the prices of bikes kept on rising, its like we are stuck in an infinite loop.
Old 13th November 2013, 14:15   #626
BHPian

And here it is.....

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-1450780_10202276574132727_1866798019_n.jpg

Friend posted it on watsapp
livyodream is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th November 2013, 14:33   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
And here it is.....
Is this Residency Road? Cash Pharmacy building?
Old 13th November 2013, 14:54   #628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
And here it is.....
That's the Cash Pharmacy building on Residency road.

Further back and on a perpendicular road to that one is the Harley Dealership (and a little further from that was where Ducati used to be), this building is Triumph, and much further down this road (Residency Road) is Aprilla. Nice!

Last edited by am1m : 13th November 2013 at 15:01.
Old 13th November 2013, 15:08   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Is this Residency Road? Cash Pharmacy building?
Yes it is the cash pharmacy building. Old Mitsubishi showroom.
Old 13th November 2013, 15:53   #630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And here it is.....

Attachment 1165438

Friend posted it on watsapp
Thanks Livyodream !!!

The logo on the Bangalore Roads looks nice and in a way very reassuring for me.

Hopefully, my bike will be able to get the "trained care" when it requires. How is Keerti/Adya Motors with their service levels generally ? One of the owners with whom I had a chat seemed to be very positive at least on the phone and hope the SLA in the shope will be the same

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Best Regards & Thanks

Most Viewed