Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-10.html)

2013 Street Triple spotted in spain.

This exclusive shot is one of the best yet of Triumph's 2013 Street Triple. Spotted in Spain, where Triumph has a testing base, the 2013 machine is a significant evolution of the existing Street Triple.

The new bike retains key structural and mechanical elements of the current model but wraps them in a new look and has several new components aimed at meeting the challenge from fresh competitor's such as MV Agusta's Brutale 675.

The recent change from Triumph's traditional round headlights to the slanted units on the current Street Triple wasn't greeted with enthusiasm from all quarters, but now it seems those lights were simply a precursor to an all-new look. Where they look like rather uncomfortable additions to the current Street Triple, the new machine's more angular styling matches their design and gives a more balanced overall appearance.

Every panel is new, including the fuel tank. The seat, in particular, has changed - looking far lighter thanks to the loss of the old high-level exhausts in favour of a single, low-mounted pipe. On this prototype, the optional-extra Arrow race can is fitted, but both it and the stock exhaust are expected to share a similar appearance.

An interesting feature is the black section of bodywork that wraps around the end can, almost entirely hiding the exhaust exit. This is believed to be made from a high-temperature plastic, and is a styling element never seen on a bike before.

Here is a first ride review of the new Street Triple R(which most prolly will come to India) Triumph Speed Triple R review - Road Tests: First Rides - Visordown
and a video of a lap on the Jerez Circuit in Spain Ultimate Triumph Speed Triple R onboard lap - YouTube

Source -Visordown

Not sure if this has been discussed earlier. Just came across the Triumph India website.
The listed prices look quite enticing. Any clue if these are with or without taxes ? With taxes how much would it be ?

Guideline ex-showroom (Delhi) prices for our bikes

Bonneville INR 5.50 Lakh
Street Triple 675 INR 5.75 Lakh
Daytona 675 INR 7.00 Lakh
Speed Triple INR 8.00 Lakh
Tiger 800XC INR 11.40 Lakh
Storm INR 17.00 Lakh
Rocket III Roadster INR 22.00 Lakh

Source: Triumph India

The entire range: http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/pdf/T...el%20Range.pdf

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90BHP (Post 2665232)
The listed prices look quite enticing. Any clue if these are with or without taxes ? With taxes how much would it be ?

Wow. Guideline prices have been mentioned on their website http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/. Looks like they have added it recently and also mentioned a link to download brochure and range.

Prices mentioned are inclusive of taxes(ED, VAT, CD etc) but except life time tax which differs from state to state.
I think in mumbai - road tax for bike is 6%. Add this to the ex showroom price and add insurance and you should arrive at an approximate on road price.
You may need to pay a bit more in mumbai because of octroi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90BHP (Post 2665232)

Since the prices are ex showroom Delhi add a Lakh of rupees for Bombay. I am going on the Basis of what Harley Davidson quoted for the superlow and the Iron. Superlow ex showroom Delhi 5.5 lakhs and on road Bombay comes to 6.4 Lakhs and the Iron comes to 7 odd lakhs. I would presume the Daytona 675 would come to appx 8 odd lakhs on road Bombay.

Triumph roars into the Indian market | This is Leicestershire

Ajay,
Any information about dealership in bangalore? What about your friend's friend dealership? Any luck?

Will the today's hike in excise duty today applicable to bikes?

Edit: Its mentioned "The new plant, which could open within a year, will be the company's third production site. It also has operations in Normandy Way, Hinckley and Thailand. It is also planning to sell bikes in Brazil."

Wow. A production site in india. Triumph has big plans for india clap:

I am eagerly waiting for street triple. I have shortlisted Ninja 650 and Triumph street triple. Will decide after i see them and test them :)

No info man even Delhi friend is keeping mum now days :( fingers crossed for their hopefully July launch, Ninja 650 is out from my list long back only white street triple is haunting me in my dreams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 2716670)
No info man even Delhi friend is keeping mum now days :( fingers crossed for their hopefully July launch, Ninja 650 is out from my list long back only white street triple is haunting me in my dreams.

Please let us know as soon as you have some information about dealership.

ST looks gorgeous in white. If i buy ST then i will add radiator cowl and probably a windscreen/flyscreen. I think its incomplete with these accessories.
Any reason for not considering Ninja 650? I mean 2012 model.

Its also written that "However, it has announced it will begin selling a range of bikes in India shortly, prior to the plant's opening". Where are they going to assemble bikes?

I just searched for Narsapur and it is in andhra pradesh. Its mentioned as karnataka in the link you posted.

Edit: Its Narasapura (Kolar district). Check out Business Line : Companies News : Triumph Motors to set up bike assembly plant in Karnataka for more info.

One more interesting and exciting news is that the bikes will be imported as CBU initially to build excitement about brand. So any one buying a triumph will get a CBU for CKD price till start of assembling operations :)

Delivery could start by august as there will be four dealers in india by july.

Check out Street triple GoPro & Shifter - YouTube
ST handles brilliantly.

Ninja is quite heavy for being 650 cc also triple cylinder is better choice compared to twin, I prefer naked and "Ugly" looking bikes. Thanks for sharing the video.
Any links for accessories as till now never searched for accessories for Street Triple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajaybiz (Post 2717368)
Ninja is quite heavy for being 650 cc also triple cylinder is better choice compared to twin, I prefer naked and "Ugly" looking bikes. Thanks for sharing the video.
Any links for accessories as till now never searched for accessories for Street Triple.

I agree about ninja's weight and 3 cylinder part. Ninja has got an amazing mid range.
For me the most exciting part about ST is its exhaust sound. Its music to my ears. Infact it is the cheapest bike with a wonderful musical tune in india :uncontrol

Click on following link for accessories and to view how your customized triumph looks.
Triumph Configurator

Select model as Street Triple MY2012.

Found this article whilst browsing MSN. Appears that Triumph would be setting up a factory off Kolar. Would that mean that Bike Prices in Bangalore might at last be more affordable?

Triumph Motors to set up bike assembly plant in Karnataka

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2719795)
Found this article whilst browsing MSN. Appears that Triumph would be setting up a factory off Kolar. Would that mean that Bike Prices in Bangalore might at last be more affordable?

Triumph Motors to set up bike assembly plant in Karnataka

Given the tax structure in KA the pricing might just be a bit on the higher side for us. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 2719847)
Given the tax structure in KA the pricing might just be a bit on the higher side for us. :Frustrati

Woops was only hoping that KA Govt give the company a few concessions like how MH govt does it for Bajaj to make them more attractive. But would there not be any interstate taxes to make it a bit more expensive compared to KA?