Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 17:54   #151
BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Stuck in a bit of a dilemma here as well. Was planning to buy a Ninja 650R, but Bajaj is not taking bookings, and then I went to the Auto Expo and saw the Daytona 675.
If only we had a concrete date on when Triumph will actually open shop, we can plan accordingly.

Doesn't anyone know someone working at Triumph India???
Old 20th March 2012, 18:59   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
If only we had a concrete date on when Triumph will actually open shop, we can plan accordingly.
You should be able to buy a triumph by July end or august. Wait as it will be worth investing in triumph.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:37   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
You should be able to buy a triumph by July end or august.
No problems in waiting as long as it doesn't end up similar to the Ducati story. Was waiting for the Monster 795, and then the horror stories started pouring in. Hope the Triumph launch goes smoothly.

Btw, if you don't mind, could you tell us the source for this information?
Old 20th March 2012, 23:03   #154

i am also waiting for Daytona launch. much better than buying a 600 grey import
Old 20th March 2012, 23:33   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanmadhini View Post
No problems in waiting as long as it doesn't end up similar to the Ducati story. Was waiting for the Monster 795, and then the horror stories started pouring in. Hope the Triumph launch goes smoothly.

Btw, if you don't mind, could you tell us the source for this information?
Ducati sells its range through a partner and not self. Triumph is setting up a manufacturing facility in india and this itself speaks about commitment towards indian customers. They are coming here for a long term business just like east india company did some centuries ago.
I am sure your wait will be worth for a triumph.
Also remember that they are planning to manufacture some of the key spares of the current lineup in india. So their spares are not gonna cost a bomb like ducati's.
Launch date is all over internet. Even Triumph's MD has confirmed that they will be launching during festive season. I have also posted a link which confirms that initial batch will be CBU till their assembly line is up. I am not sure how are they gonna bring daytona/street triple as CBU because their cubic capacity is <800.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:02   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Launch date is all over internet. Even Triumph's MD has confirmed that they will be launching during festive season. I have also posted a link which confirms that initial batch will be CBU till their assembly line is up. I am not sure how are they gonna bring daytona/street triple as CBU because their cubic capacity is <800.
I believe even their India website states the fastive season. I also was told by a friend you can book the bikes but deliveries would be later.

As for the Daytona and Street triple being under the 800 cc mark and being brought down as CBU's. The company is setting up manufacturing in India for these models and as per this they are allowed to bring a limited no of bikes under the CBU umbrella. This is how its done for cars.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 13:10   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
As for the Daytona and Street triple being under the 800 cc mark and being brought down as CBU's. The company is setting up manufacturing in India for these models and as per this they are allowed to bring a limited no of bikes under the CBU umbrella. This is how its done for cars.
Thanks for the info speedy. I was not aware of such rules.
Any idea about how many numbers can be brought?
Old 21st March 2012, 13:29   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info speedy. I was not aware of such rules.
Any idea about how many numbers can be brought?
Sorry djay99, i have no idea about the numbers allowed. Two friends have apparently booked the Daytona and Bonnville respectively and have mentioned a Diwali delivery.
Old 21st March 2012, 14:31   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry djay99, i have no idea about the numbers allowed. Two friends have apparently booked the Daytona and Bonnville respectively and have mentioned a Diwali delivery.
Where did your friends book? Is triumph accepting bookings? What is the price?
Old 21st March 2012, 14:33   #160
BHPian

Quote:
. Two friends have apparently booked the Daytona and Bonnville respectively and have mentioned a Diwali delivery.

Bookings have already started??
Old 21st March 2012, 14:40   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where did your friends book? Is triumph accepting bookings? What is the price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Bookings have already started??
I have no idea..that is why i mentioned apparntly. I shall ask them though.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:00   #162
BHPian

British motorcycle brand Triumph Motorcycle will launch a range of high performance motorcycles in the Indian market mainly aimed at motorcycle enthusiasts later this year. The motorcycle showcased its motorcycle range at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo, where it pleasantly surprised many of the Indian enthusiast motorcycle riders when it announced prices of its CKD models, as the prices were very competitive. To assemble motorcycles in India, Triumph is said to have identified a 40 acre land parcel at Narsapura, situated on the Bangalore-Chennai highway.

In the recent past, Karnataka has seen a big ticked investment in the motorcycle segment with Japanese motorcycle giant Honda setting up a plant close to the state’s capital of Bangalore. The country’s largest two wheeler maker, Hero MotoCorp, is also said to be finalizing plans to set up a plant close to Dharwad, Karnataka. With Triumph also planning to set up an assembly unit in Karnataka, this southern state will now play host to over four motorcycle makers including TVS, which has a manufacturing facility at Mysore.
The location of Triumph’s plant at Narasapura, off Bangalore, is said to be strategic as the motorcycle maker is said to have chosen this location due to its accessibility to the Chennai port. Triumph India also plans to build affordable premium sports motorcycles with displacements of about 350cc in the coming years and these motorcycles could also be exported out of India. Therefore, the location to high quality port infrastructure is quite critical to the motorcycle maker, which will also assemble motorcycled through the completely knocked down(CKD) kit route, with the kits arriving from Great Britain.

Although the Triumph assembly unit will take nearly a year to become operational, the motorcycle maker is said to be all set to launch its motorcycles in the Indian market over the next few months. It is also said that Triumph plans to price four of its models very competitively, despite them being brought into India as CBUs initially. These models would later be assembled by Triumph once the assembly unit is up and running. That said, 3 motorcycle models in Triumph’s 7 bike portfolio for the Indian market would continue to remain completely built units(CBU) as they are low volume products.

Source: Triumph Motorcycles to set up assembly operations in Karnataka, India | IndianCarsBikes.in
Old 4th April 2012, 19:17   #163
Senior - BHPian

Triumph updated their website with following info:
Currently there are no Triumph dealerships open in India and the plan is to have dealers operational by July/August 2012 and sales/ bookings to start after that.

We are looking to appoint dealers at Delhi/ Mumbai and Bangalore. This will be followed by dealerships in Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Chennai, Hyderabad, Cochin and Goa over the next year.

So we can expect to see triumph's during festive season
Old 4th April 2012, 19:50   #164
BHPian

Triumph CEO clearly answered to my email saying they have not started any booking and when they do they will be proudly announcing it to the world. Thats that
Old 5th April 2012, 11:12   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Triumph CEO clearly answered to my email saying they have not started any booking and when they do they will be proudly announcing it to the world. Thats that
+1 to that. Was surprised to see the mail from Ashish. Categorically stated that bookings will start anytime during the June-July months and deliveries expected from September later this year.

Speedy,
Are you sure your friends have booked their bikes in India?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks