Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:27   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Now their website for India does not even open up.

http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/
Old 22nd October 2012, 18:12   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Now their website for India does not even open up.

http://www.triumph.co.uk/india/
Just tried and it opened, albeit no changes or updates. I guess it must have been a glitch.

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:29   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Well in other 6 months , I suggest you accumulate some more green papers and go for Yamaha FZ1 directly .No need to upgrade again and again , 150 horses will be very good .
You are right. He can have it all in one go. Why go through so many upgrades and lose money everytime he sells and buys another. And FZ1 is one hell of a bike. Cheapest litre class there is in the market. If one is not too keen on fairings, this is the best out there.
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:24   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well in other 6 months , I suggest you accumulate some more green papers and go for Yamaha FZ1 directly 150 horses will be very good .
Beyond powering out of corners, there isn't much you can do with those 150 horses anyways. The wind blast on these non faired motorcycles is just ballistic and I often wonder if the rather powerful engines underneath are of any real use.

Quote:
No need to upgrade again and again , 150 horses will be very good .
That is the saddest part about the Indian SBK scene! How I wish it was as easy to trade motorcycles in India as it is in the west! The learning curve and technique of a riders who has been through the smaller stuff before getting on to the liter bandwagon is undisputedly better than blokes like me who didn't have too much of a first bike choice.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:05   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Beyond powering out of corners, there isn't much you can do with those 150 horses anyways. The wind blast on these non faired motorcycles is just ballistic and I often wonder if the rather powerful engines underneath are of any real use.
Manson,
Agree with your thoughts that the wind blast will be ballistic. Having owning one from the past 15 months, you will be able to manage with the wind speeds as your exposure increases. Can however comfortably cruise around 150Kays which i think is quite sufficient if you are out using this as a tourer on highway. Anything more than that or nearing 200 Kays does require lot of practice.

You do have fairings both from company and after market fittings but then the sheer beauty of these will be lost.
Old 25th October 2012, 15:08   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Its always better to have reserve power on the GO ! .One can always ride a 1000cc like a 200 or 600 cc but not the other way round . I like this equation better .When you are getting get the best .
Old 5th November 2012, 19:02   #202
Senior - BHPian

Got a reply today from triumph:

Thanks for your email. There is a lot of activity going on behind the scenes right now that will allow us to fully launch in 2013. More announcements on models and pricing will be made over the coming months.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Triumph Motorcycles.

Best regards
India Enquiries
Triumph Motorcycles Limited
Old 7th November 2012, 16:04   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Got a reply today from triumph:

Thanks for your email. There is a lot of activity going on behind the scenes right now that will allow us to fully launch in 2013. More announcements on models and pricing will be made over the coming months.

Thank you for your patience and continued interest in Triumph Motorcycles.

Best regards
India Enquiries
Triumph Motorcycles Limited
Standard response. Even I had got the same thing. so it could be anytime in 2013 wish they had given a tentative timeline at least.
Old 7th November 2012, 17:28   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Standard response. Even I had got the same thing. so it could be anytime in 2013 wish they had given a tentative timeline at least.
Shubz you looking at the Bonneville or the Street Triple?

Neither is going to be less than 6.5-7 lacs on road.

At the very least.
Old 7th November 2012, 17:31   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

At the very least.
Doc - I like it naked! so Street Triple . Am preparing my mind (and bank balance) for that price range!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 18:00   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

At the very least.
Quote:
Doc - I like it naked! so Street Triple . Am preparing my mind (and bank balance) for that price range!
If that's your budget, why not the Ducati Monster guys? I've heard of the (non existent) A.S.S but still what a bike it is. A truly premium product!

BTW, even I love Street Triple. Just that since I am primarily a car'er (and occasional biker), I'll probably settle for Duke 390. Anything smaller is a complete no-no for me. that why I haven't bought Duke 200.
Old 7th November 2012, 18:06   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
If that's your budget, why not the Ducati Monster guys? I've heard of the (non existent) A.S.S but still what a bike it is. A truly premium product!

BTW, even I love Street Triple. Just that since I am primarily a car'er (and occasional biker), I'll probably settle for Duke 390. Anything smaller is a complete no-no for me. that why I haven't bought Duke 200.
Hate to say this but though I would've loved a Ducati, the state of affairs that are prevailing with the like of AC's and BC's handling it so shoddily with so many disgruntled folks out there, I would not think about venturing the Ducati way! :(

And as you rightly said, no A.S.S in the city where I live has also drawn me off the Duc! Sadly though!
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2012, 18:11   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hate to say this but though I would've loved a Ducati, the state of affairs that are prevailing with the like of AC's and BC's handling it so shoddily with so many disgruntled folks out there, I would not think about venturing the Ducati way! :(

And as you rightly said, no A.S.S in the city where I live has also drawn me off the Duc! Sadly though!
What totally put me off was the story of that guy who banged, waited for more than a year to get the parts, damage quotation for which was close to the price of the bike, and finally he got the parts himself from his own sources abroad.

This is exactly the stuf that has put me off any new Bullets.
Old 7th November 2012, 18:40   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What totally put me off was the story of that guy who banged, waited for more than a year to get the parts, damage quotation for which was close to the price of the bike, and finally he got the parts himself from his own sources abroad.

This is exactly the stuf that has put me off any new Bullets.
I hope Triumph don't run into the likes of AC. Hope they come in smooth and stay firm! Else we would have to continue to hope better bikes come out of our own backyard (from the likes of BAL), the Yams or the Honda's or the Suzuki's.
Old 9th November 2012, 12:50   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope Triumph don't run into the likes of AC. Hope they come in smooth and stay firm! Else we would have to continue to hope better bikes come out of our own backyard (from the likes of BAL), the Yams or the Honda's or the Suzuki's.
Not to worry Shubz, Triumph are very clear on their approach to India and would not get into the likes of AC. They are setting up shop something similar to HD. They should be in India by Q2, 2013 as work on building their factory is gathering storm (needs to be confirmed and will be riding to Kolar one of these days and will keep this in mind)

Most Viewed