Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2013, 13:45   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam given to understand there is an improved FI version of the Bonneville in 2014 model.

Is that what is going to be sold in India or we are yet again going to be treated as dustbin for their outgoing products?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I presume the bikes would be the 2014 models and not the 2013 ones.
See the 1st look Review of the Triumph 2014 models

http://www.ridermagazine.com/latest-...-for-2014.htm/

I don't see anything about any change in Engine

Hope they are not planning a RD350 route (aka detuning the engine in the name of FE) for these already beutiful engines

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 25th November 2013, 14:25   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. Even I expect the same considering the time of launch.

But, I was looking to understand if we get the same improved engine ( Iam not even sure if there is even an improved FI engine for 2014 model, just someone casually mentioned so wanting to know on that aspect)
I think we would have to wait and watch to really get to know whats brought in. Since the bikes come in from Thailand, there could be a possibility of the company getting rid of the old engines in stock first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
See the 1st look Review of the Triumph 2014 models

http://www.ridermagazine.com/latest-...-for-2014.htm/

I don't see anything about any change in Engine

Hope they are not planning a RD350 route (aka detuning the engine in the name of FE) for these already beutiful engines

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
I don't think it was an engine change but just fine tuning of the engine to increase bhp and torque. They may detune the engines as i have noticed this is what kawasaki has also done with the zx14.
Old 26th November 2013, 00:13   #678
Senior - BHPian

Looks like someone forgot to mask the price on the website. This should be a good indicative for other models, seems a decent enough price for the bike. Hopefully the Speed Triple should not be too much over 10 lakhs then.

Name:  Screen Shot 20131126 at 12.06.26 AM.png
Views: 1624
Size:  91.6 KB
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 09:15   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Looks like someone forgot to mask the price on the website. This should be a good indicative for other models, seems a decent enough price for the bike. Hopefully the Speed Triple should not be too much over 10 lakhs then.
Eh? A Thunderbird storm at Rs 12.5 k? That is a very bad editing job.
Old 26th November 2013, 09:46   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

Attachment 1171239
That's not Indian on-road price for thunderbird storm. Its a mistake from tech team who just replaced Pound with Rupees.
Check out http://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/...bird-storm-abs
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 10:08   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm. Even I expect the same considering the time of launch.

But, I was looking to understand if we get the same improved engine ( Iam not even sure if there is even an improved FI engine for 2014 model, just someone casually mentioned so wanting to know on that aspect)

2014 model comes with cast wheels, Nissin brakes, KYB suspensions and multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection.

These are the changes to 2014 model. We'll know once the bike is launched. I wouldnt know how the sequential FI is different from the existing, but there is certainly "drivability" behind it.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 13:07   #682
Senior - BHPian

Oops, I guess I forgot to notice the missing digit.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 13:20   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
2014 model comes with cast wheels, Nissin brakes, KYB suspensions and multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection.

These are the changes to 2014 model. We'll know once the bike is launched. I wouldnt know how the sequential FI is different from the existing, but there is certainly "drivability" behind it.
Nice. Ram, being an existing Bonny owner can you please confirm if these changes will really make a difference to the dynamics of the Bonny from the model that you currently own?

Just 2 days to go and iam hoping for surprise that its available for 6 Lakhs OTR

Btw, Only 3 colors available, 2 single tone and 1 dual tone. Wish they introduced some nice racing colors as well apart from the standard black and silver
Old 26th November 2013, 16:21   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nice. Ram, being an existing Bonny owner can you please confirm if these changes will really make a difference to the dynamics of the Bonny from the model that you currently own?

Just 2 days to go and iam hoping for surprise that its available for 6 Lakhs OTR

Btw, Only 3 colors available, 2 single tone and 1 dual tone. Wish they introduced some nice racing colors as well apart from the standard black and silver
Hi There

The cahnges are supposed to be - 2014 model comes with cast wheels, Nissin brakes, KYB suspensions and multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection.

In my bike the highlighted items - Cast wheels and Nissin Brakes are not there.

KYB suspension and MPSEFI is already there. So in that sense nothing is changed.

Cast wheels - yes the ride feel will be different and Nissin Brakes may be will slightly add to the stopping power, and hence a small change in the dynamics. But on a daily ride/on road performance, I would say not much would change.

In a lighterway, if Bonnie is in "racing colours" the it looses its charecter and I rather woud go for a Thruxton, if I am looking for "colours"

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 16:30   #685
BHPian

Hello Folks,

Mobike 008 & absynthguzzler - I am sure that Mr Ram will chip in shortly, however, I will clarify a few points that are being discussed.

From the introduction of EFI in the Triumph Classic range, the bikes always came equipped with a Multi-point sequential fuel injection.

Also all the Triumph Classic range bikes that I have seen have KYB suspensions, NISSIN brakes right from 2009.

In stock condition with nary a change in the 'Tune' these bikes are very driveable, however, you could install a 'Design Tune' to play with the performance figures, best done with an actual Dyno rather than the seat of the pants Dyno.

Here are two link to help weed out any confusion therein.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/259/29...irst-Ride.aspx

http://autobikegallery.com/2014-triu...ecs-and-price/

I sincerely hope that the links work.

I will be eager to assist in any which way to help clear the air.

Take care and stay well.

Regards,

BB
Britishbangers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 16:35   #686
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Ram and British Bangers. Now things seem pretty clear on the changes to the 2014 model. Like Ram said, nothing has really changed except maybe for the marketing jargon.

Any guess for pricing of the Bonny? Hope it is introduced at 6 lakhs ex-showroom, i know its just two days but, iam quite excited to know its pricing

Btw, has anyone booked a TD? I did and nice to get emails from Triump asking if any dealer has contacted me for a TD. Good start on the ASC front
Old 26th November 2013, 16:37   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hi There

In my bike the highlighted items - Cast wheels and Nissin Brakes are not there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britishbangers View Post
Also all the Triumph Classic range bikes that I have seen have KYB suspensions, NISSIN brakes right from 2009.

BB
So I stand corrected - BB knows my bike mechanically more that I do. He is a walking encyclopedia on Triumphs.

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
Old 26th November 2013, 17:08   #688
BHPian

Folks,

Thank you Mr Ram for the kind words, will always help a motorcyclist to clear their doubts. When it come to motorcycles, I am just not wired correctly.

I have sent 03 (three) Hi-Res images of your bikes with Nissin embossed on the calipers.

Take care and stay well.

Reg,

BB
Old 26th November 2013, 22:08   #689
BHPian

Is Daytona 675 indian market's first Official Sports bike ? Also, these days bikes right from 200cc onwards has only auto start. I mean what happens if the battery wears out in middle of traffic signal if a rider would have overlooked battery maintenance ? Can anyone throw light on this pls.
Old 27th November 2013, 08:43   #690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
Is Daytona 675 indian market's first Official Sports bike ? Also, these days bikes right from 200cc onwards has only auto start. I mean what happens if the battery wears out in middle of traffic signal if a rider would have overlooked battery maintenance ? Can anyone throw light on this pls.
Jump start it

Dont think it would need much maintenance if you are riding it now and then. Whats the point in having to look at such stuff if you are paying couple of lacs for a bike!

And imagine kickstarting a Harley ; an ease case to call ambulance.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks