Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 15:58   #721
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
The official price list

Attachment 1172247
Dkaile, do you know what is the pricing of Daytona ABS (Not the R version) ??
Old 28th November 2013, 16:08   #722
BHPian

Extremely disappointed with the pricing of the Street Triple and Daytona (never looked at anything else)

I am glad I didn't sell my Hyosung GT650N at a huge loss earlier. I'll probably stick to it for some more time.

Since I have the D390, I thought I should add a nice supersport to garage and be done with it for life

The Daytona 675 pricing broke my heart (my phone / laptop wallpapers were all changed to the Daytona 675)

HOWEVER, we can observe that Triumph has two versions of the Daytona (ABS and R versions). The R is top spec racing version with ohlins all around. May be we can expect a non-R spec in the future at a lower pricing. (In US, the price difference is about 1.2L) - Given that it is already priced stratospherically high at 11.4, I don't know if it makes sense if Triumph launches it even a couple of lakhs less.

What were they thinking when they priced Daytona, esp when Street Triple is at 7.5?
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 16:28   #723
Senior - BHPian

Well, I was only interested in one bike. Will my dream come true? Not sure

Though the pricing is great!
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-capture.jpg  

Old 28th November 2013, 16:45   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Guys, what is the rated top speed of the Bonneville? Read somewhere 195 kmph? Sounds too good to be true so asking.
Answering my own question. Seems it tops out at around 115 mph (184 kmph). Very decent.

Triumph really messed up on the Street Triple pricing man!
Old 28th November 2013, 16:58   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Doc,

You were seriously considering ST? One of my friend who was crazy after it and had even paid up the booking amount is now crying!

Any idea what will be the damage if booking is cancelled? (booking amount - 1 Lakh)
Old 28th November 2013, 17:05   #726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Hi Doc,

You were seriously considering ST? One of my friend who was crazy after it and had even paid up the booking amount is now crying!

Any idea what will be the damage if booking is cancelled? (booking amount - 1 Lakh)
Yes I seriously had it on my medium term radar bro. This was when I did not know of the 690 coming. So the 650 was the only other - and I almost bought a hardly used one some months back.
Old 28th November 2013, 17:21   #727

Bonnie price bang on. The superlow was 5.71 lacs a couple of months back. Now its 5.91. So triumph could have priced it higher, but may be they are looking for the volume game here.

If I am not wrong only the Bonnie, Street and Speed are manufactured in Thailand. Daytona is manufactured in UK. So it was always going to be expensive, CBU or CKD.

The only disappointment is the street triple. They could have priced it lower, but there is no competition in that category (until the z800 arrives). Still not too high a price for 105 hp/183 kg (wet weight). It retails for 7400 pounds in UK. Looking forward to January end for opening of the dealership.

Hoping Bajaj launches the z800 CKD till then and Triumph has to do with the Street, what it did with the Bonnie to beat Superlow's pricing.
Old 28th November 2013, 17:31   #728
BHPian

How would the daytona fare as an everyday bike? Will it qualify as a commuter?

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st December 2013 at 20:42. Reason: please spell check before submitting your post :)
Old 28th November 2013, 17:42   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
How would the daytonna fair as an everyday bike?Will it qualify as a commuter?
Its a supersports bike and will not at all suit as an everyday commuter bike. For an everyday use, it has to be either a Bonny or Street Triple
Old 28th November 2013, 17:43   #730
BHPian

You bet, it was like he was doing his first presentation ever.

Looking forward to the Bonneville..

Quote:
Seriously! Firstly he has a shrill voice and then a silly giggle and so many slip ups.

Nevertheless Welcome to India, Triumph!
Old 28th November 2013, 17:44   #731
RVD
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Doc,

Shubz, there is no cancellation charges for people who booked prior to the price announcement.

Thanks
RVD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 17:54   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I agree. The Bonneville is the pick of the value for money lot. Street Triple and Daytona the shockers. Hope Triumph reconsiders and rolls them back.

Guys, what is the rated top speed of the Bonneville? Read somewhere 195 kmph? Sounds too good to be true so asking.
It's a doable speeds on good roads which are fairly straight. But at these speeds on a standard bike you will be beginning to push the envelope.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 18:03   #733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
For Daytona, it is indeed disappointing and horrendous as its highest increase from its entire range

Also hope Triump doesnt rip off customers like HD by charging a bomb for simple accessories like foot peg, grab rails etc.
Yes, the price does not seem to be justified and neither have they followed any trend when compared to the 2012 Auto Expo. Yes the rupee did get buggered when compared to $ but atleast if the hike had a common trend it would have been justifiable. Was hoping that they put up some sorta reasoning for the hikes. Is it a sign to come that triumph might actually take its customers for granted?

Regarding the accessories, suggest you to trace a good CNC Lathe with your own design and carry some blocks of aluminum. Am sure you will be able to get your creative best and more importantly make it to your taste. To start off with you can refer some websites and feel their functional usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
4L price difference between two ALMOST similar bikes.
Mate, Understand your feelings, please do refer to my response which i have posted earlier to Mobike.

Quote:
Answering my own question. Seems it tops out at around 115 mph (184 kmph). Very decent.

Doc,
I would not trust the Bonnie to handle speeds in excess of 150 kays. The chassis design accompanied with rear suspension does not support hi speeds.
Yep they should rework on the pricing of ST & Daytona which does not seem to be justified. What was surprising to read was that a couple of bikes have actually slashed prices.
ku69rd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 18:09   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Also hope Triump doesnt rip off customers like HD by charging a bomb for simple accessories like foot peg, grab rails etc.
Don't expect it to be cheap. For example a Centre Stand for Bonnie will set you back by about GBP 200/- even if you buy it in Uk or in sites like Jack Lilly etc. But the parts are well engineered and durable, unless God forbid you have an accident or something.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 28th November 2013, 18:55   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Daytona's pricing definitely disappointing!

Yes, I can't afford any superbike right now, but if the bike had killer pricing I can definitely start saving, assuming that somehow I can save enough money to afford one in the near future. BUT, when you feel that bike is not good value for money then definitely I don't feel like working hard for something which is too expensive for what it offers! Some might think that if one can save 9 or 10 L they can easily save 12L and get one, biggest problem here is the mental barrier of spending more and 10L for a 600CC motorcycle !

Daytona WAS my dream bike, but dream has turned into a nightmare after I saw the pricing

Wait for the next dream bike begins

I totally support your theory, Daytona should have been priced at around 8-9 lacs max considering its a CKD. This is cos, Take example of Ninja 650R. Its approx 8000$ in US, and here priced between 5-6 Lacs which is a good pricing. Similarly Daytona should have slashed out the price to above mentioned figure in my opinion. 10+ lacs for 600cc is any-day commentable. KTM690 must pull out a trick trumping all these for Indian market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
Can you please substantiate why you feel the prices as being disappointing and high?
Look at the price of Daytona. It will be about 13 Lakhs OTR. Triumph gave an impression that it will be prices in the 6-8 lakhs bracket. If one is spending that much amount then why not spend a bit more and buy a zx10r.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th November 2013 at 17:01. Reason: Merging back to back posts

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks