Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 20:44   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratap.pratu View Post
10+ lacs for 600cc is any-day commentable. KTM690 must pull out a trick trumping all these for Indian market.
Mate,
Rather than tagging a price sticker just because of the CC or power it generates, you might want to think on the technology behind it. The Ohlins suspensions and am not sure if this comes with fly by wire technology which eliminates the need for throttle cable.

With technology yes it will be an expensive affair and does not matter if it is a 600 or 1000 CC. The mechanical enhancements actually do no cost much.

But am befuddled with the Daytona's pricing especially since the Street Triple which has the same engine in a different state of tune retailing at 750K.
Old 29th November 2013, 01:16   #737
BHPian

Great bikes, Horrible launch. How could they select this guy to head their India operations? He had no idea about the products and no connection whatsoever to the lines he was mouthing. In a way, it is symbolic of the botched up start up efforts of triumph in India over the last 2 years. I hope this is their "rock bottom" and that they do better from here.

I liked the pricing. It is customary in India that after every superbike launch, we crib about the pricing. Every bike manufacturer wants to make money. For this they know they have to sell bikes. Nobody will price themselves out of the market on purpose. The rupee has taken a "pounding" over the last 2 years, quite significantly. I am sure they would offer the bikes at a lesser price if they could. I am also glad, they dint conjure up a "made for India" offering and strip away some key parts, swap with some other equivalent, detune the engine or worse yet, restrict their product line up.

Plus side is that they are finally here and there is more choice to the Indian consumer. The void, in terms of price and variety, that existed between the N250R and the liter bikes (in 2009) has got filled up very well in the last 3-4 years.
Old 29th November 2013, 10:44   #738
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am glad I didn't yield to temptation and buy a Thunderbird 500 or Duke 390. The Bonneville fits the bill perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for !!
Old 29th November 2013, 11:40   #739

One more thing we need to note is that they haven't brought the base Daytona 675, They have brought in the top spec 675R with all the special bits. The 675 could have been lower priced, The 675'R' pricing looks right. Period !
Old 29th November 2013, 11:46   #740
Senior - BHPian

I think its a very well priced launch and considering some bikes are CBU's they have done a good job. The Daytona being the R version and a cbu is priced well and when it comes as a ckd the price would be lower. I am getting myself a Bonneville T100 in black and cherry red..dont really like the Colors offered on the normal Bonniville.
Old 29th November 2013, 12:30   #741
Senior - BHPian

Though I am happy that Triumph is here but it will face a very tough time to breach Harley's and Kawasaki's hold in their respective categories.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 14:37   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I am glad I didn't yield to temptation and buy a Thunderbird 500 or Duke 390. The Bonneville fits the bill perfectly. Exactly what I was looking for !!
Another Bonnie fan. Are you looking to buy it in the near future? Do keep us posted.
Old 29th November 2013, 14:41   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Though I am happy that Triumph is here but it will face a very tough time to breach Harley's and Kawasaki's hold in their respective categories.
Agreed, also the fact that the name Triumph was never known as much as Harleys or the Jappus should place Triumph on their toes.

Only the enthusiasts (who may not be as rich) are aware of this brand/make ... but what about the noveu rich with disposable currency but not really enthusiast (in other words those who buy for tashan)?
Old 29th November 2013, 14:53   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I think its a very well priced launch and considering some bikes are CBU's they have done a good job. The Daytona being the R version and a cbu is priced well and when it comes as a ckd the price would be lower. I am getting myself a Bonneville T100 in black and cherry red..dont really like the Colors offered on the normal Bonniville.
This News link, however, says that the Daytona is being brought in as CKD. Although I agree that this being the R version, the price is more or less right.
Old 29th November 2013, 17:24   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Iam also seriously contemplating a Bonny as I totally love the retro look and has some decent power to extinguish my urge for power as Iam not really into super sport types of bikes with mind numbing power that can be used either occasionally or on a track

I was looking to add another bike to my stable which has a performance to boot & retro looks and Bonny fits the bill perfectly

Would know how it feels only after taking a proper Test Drive which I have applied on their website and impressively have been contacted by email from Triump enquiring if any dealer contacted me for a TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I am getting myself a Bonneville T100 in black and cherry red..dont really like the Colors offered on the normal Bonniville.
Care to share what colors are being offered in the regular Bonny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Another Bonnie fan. Are you looking to buy it in the near future? Do keep us posted.
I too would be interested to know your experiences so keep sharing here your conversations with Triumph. Iam thinking of taking the plunge sometime mid next year after knowing feedback from intial buyers.

Last edited by mobike008 : 29th November 2013 at 17:25.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:15   #746
Senior - BHPian

My friend who did a pre-booking is now considering backing out. Anyone interested, please send me a message.

Mods: Please note that there is no commercial gain to either the original guy who booked nor I am making any commercial profit out of this. Just trying to help anyone who is interested in going for Triumph Mobikes.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:32   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
My friend who did a pre-booking is now considering backing out. Anyone interested, please send me a message.

Mods: Please note that there is no commercial gain to either the original guy who booked nor I am making any commercial profit out of this. Just trying to help anyone who is interested in going for Triumph Mobikes.
Shubz, all the best to your friend, but I would be surprised if Triumph allow this. I know for a fact that Royal Enfield does not allow transfer of bookings to guys who want to opt out and others who then jump up/in the queue. In a way it is unfair to those in line behind, especially for bikes that have long waiting periods (which may not be the case here).
Old 29th November 2013, 18:35   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Shubz, all the best to your friend, but I would be surprised if Triumph allow this. I know for a fact that Royal Enfield does not allow transfer of bookings to guys who want to opt out and others who then jump up/in the queue. In a way it is unfair to those in line behind, especially for bikes that have long waiting periods (which may not be the case here).
Doc, these are not official bookings I guess. Word of mouth kind of bookings. Even the person who accepted this booking said, this can be refunded or transferred (i haven't heard him say that, my friend was saying that though)

In case of RE, bookings are on paper and I don't see any harm in allowing bookings to be transferred as long as there is no black marketing.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 18:39   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
I don't see any harm in allowing bookings to be transferred as long as there is no black marketing.
Agree on the unofficial/ad hoc part bro.

But .....

If you were waiting in line, any queue (movie ticket for example, KTM 200 booking for another), would you allow someone ahead of you to step out and someone else to step in into his place?

I definitely would not. Just being honest here.
Old 29th November 2013, 18:44   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Agree on the unofficial/ad hoc part bro.

But .....

If you were waiting in line, any queue (movie ticket for example, KTM 200 booking for another), would you allow someone ahead of you to step out and someone else to step in into his place?

I definitely would not. Just being honest here.
I totally agree to your point sir. And I am in no way trying to influence someone else or cause injustice to anyone. Thats not the intent. Even I would get cheesed off in a similar situation. I think I will tell him to deal with his situation himself.
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed