Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-51.html)

Booked a Daytona today :):)

how much would bank's typically finance for these high end bikes and does the normal interest % of motorcycle loans would apply to these aswell or any differential rate is applied .

i am looking at a bonnie need to see how things shape up:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm_arjuna (Post 3307504)
how much would bank's typically finance for these high end bikes and does the normal interest % of motorcycle loans would apply to these aswell or any differential rate is applied .

i am looking at a bonnie need to see how things shape up:)

Usually banks would provide 85-90% finance. Interest rates are not less than 12% (Not confirmed yet). Also, time period for these loans would not be more than 5 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamseller (Post 3306769)
This News link, however, says that the Daytona is being brought in as CKD. Although I agree that this being the R version, the price is more or less right.

The Daytona would be brought in at a later stage via the CKD route and till then we have access to the Daytona R via the CBU route.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 3306903)
Care to share what colors are being offered in the regular Bonny?

The regular Bonnie comes in Lunar Silver, Phantom Black and Crystal White/ safire Blue.

The Bonnie T100 comes in Fusion White/ Aurum Gold, Jet Black Cranberry Red.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarsenal (Post 3307026)

Congratulations on the booking. Whats the delivery time that you have been informed off?

The price list posted by Triumph on FB

Another news report (Indian Express) on the Triumph launch. This one has a picture based price list for the products - Link (Scroll down to bottom of the page)

According to the website, there is no dealership currently in Mumbai.

Any idea on when the first one may come up? I've been seeing nothing but Bonnevilles and Street Triples in my dreams :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadanaJ (Post 3308278)
Any idea on when the first one may come up? I've been seeing nothing but Bonnevilles and Street Triples in my dreams :p

Shaman Motors has the dealership for Triumph in Bombay and they open shop in January. I was informed that they are open for bookings.

Do any of Triumph bikes carry the Brit thump?
I read up the tech specs of a few, and saw that all of them produce peak torque pretty high up in the rev range. Which gives me an idea that these are not exactly thumpers ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha1 (Post 3308898)
Do any of Triumph bikes carry the Brit thump?
I read up the tech specs of a few, and saw that all of them produce peak torque pretty high up in the rev range. Which gives me an idea that these are not exactly thumpers ...

They are no longer the thumpers they used to be - specially with the current Muflers which has all sort of stuff (read it as catalyc converters etc). But if you change them to some after market ones, you still get a pretty facinating gunshot sounding (more like loud diwali crackers) noise. I am talking of the Classic range rather than the big and fast boys of the stable.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3307531)
The Daytona would be brought in at a later stage via the CKD route and till then we have access to the Daytona R via the CBU route.

Speedy, I really hope what you say is true mate. I am one of those gazzilion heart broken daytona hopefuls with small little piggy banks. Any more light on this statement of yours? Any time line on when the standard daytona will hit the showrooms?

The Street Triple pricing is higher than i expected, but the bike is still a fantastic package, hopefully it's one of the initial bikes that will be manufactured locally soon and the time to save up for it will be less. Have a look at the these two reviews/comparisons of 'naked middle-weight' bikes, one rates the Street Triple highest while the latter rates the Yamaha FZ(MT?)-09 higher - hopefully all these (FZ09 and z800) make it to India soon !

Street Triple vs. Z800 vs. MT/FZ-09 vs. Agusta Brutale : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfd5LCttd4

Street Triple vs. MT/FZ-09 vs. Agusta Brutale : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKSH4kSnbLQ

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 3307531)

Congratulations on the booking. Whats the delivery time that you have been informed off?

Thanks :) Initially I was told the same Jan 1st week delivery as announced during the launch. But today morning I was informed that, they are not sure which models would be ready for delivery by Jan 1st week, so it might go till Jan end or even Feb.

During the launch, I noticed grab-rails on the Daytona (Attachment), this is not seen on Daytona in other countries. Is this due to any norms to be followed here?? [I would remove it for sure :D ]

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarsenal (Post 3307026)

Where did you book your bike? Could you share the dealer's contact, I can't find it anywhere on the web.

Hi all, not sure if I missed it or not, but does anyone have any info what models are CBU and what are CKDs?